Evo Driven New Z4

Discussing the next generation Z4
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Just finished reading Evo Driven on the new Z4. I will avoid commenting until others have had a chance to read it themselves.

Doddsy

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Doddsy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm

I’ll have to have a read. Not that I can afford/justify buying one just yet though
Now:
E86 Z4C 3.0Si Sport Manual Silver Grey
Gone:
E85 Z4 2.5 Si M Sport Titan Silver

Zeld4

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Zeld4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 pm

buzyg wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 pm
Just finished reading Evo Driven on the new Z4. I will avoid commenting until others have had a chance to read it themselves.
You can comment now, I’ve had a read :)

Brasseye

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Brasseye » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Looks interesting.
Do wonder if the weight has gone down with the soft roof now.
Shame the twin clutch box has gone but the zf is very good for a single.

warmasice

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by warmasice » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Brasseye wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm
Looks interesting.
Do wonder if the weight has gone down with the soft roof now.
Shame the twin clutch box has gone but the zf is very good for a single.
Not really. With all that talk about weight saving with the soft-top, the weight is barely any different to the E89 with its tin-top:

G29: 1,405–1,535 kg

E89: 1,420–1,525 kg

buzyg
Lifer
Lifer

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Zeld4 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 pm
buzyg wrote:
Basically I was disappointed. Apart from the front grill, I like the look of the car. So I was really hoping it would be a proper affordableish, open top drivers car, for tall folk. Acording to Evo who I tend to agree with on most thing driving, seems it is not. :( Well not yet. :wink: Looking forward to chatting with the new owners as a few filter on to the forum. :thumbsup:

Zeld4

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by Zeld4 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm

buzyg wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm
Zeld4 wrote:
buzyg wrote:
Basically I was disappointed. Apart from the front grill, I like the look of the car. So I was really hoping it would be a proper affordableish, open top drivers car, for tall folk. Acording to Evo who I tend to agree with on most thing driving, seems it is not. :( Well not yet. :wink: Looking forward to chatting with the new owners as a few filter on to the forum. :thumbsup:
Yes it is a slight disappointed. On the other hand, CAR magazine describe it as having a remarkable chassis when they review it against a 718 ‘non’ S, and say it’s a good alternative if you can handle its ‘extrovert’ looks. Extrovert is as kind as you can be about the looks as far as I am concerned.

As capable as it may be e in M40i guise, it’s surley a disappointment when there is no manual box or coupe option. For a company that offers so many variations of cars, X 2’s, 4’s and 6’s, GT models for those who want more space but not a MPV and then X 1’s, 3’s and 5’s, not to offer a manual box in sports car seems ludicrous. And after talking about bringing the weight down, it’s still 1500kg plus car.

CAR magazine also has a section on the new Supra too, not sure if the pictures are genuine or computer generated but it’s rear haunches and sleek front end give it a fantastic stance. Something the Z4 is seriously lacking in my opinion.

buzyg
Lifer
Lifer

Evo Driven New Z4

Post by buzyg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Zeld4 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 pm
buzyg wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 pm
Zeld4 wrote:

Yes it is a slight disappointed. On the other hand, CAR magazine describe it as having a remarkable chassis when they review it against a 718 ‘non’ S, and say it’s a good alternative if you can handle its ‘extrovert’ looks. Extrovert is as kind as you can be about the looks as far as I am concerned.

As capable as it may be e in M40i guise, it’s surley a disappointment when there is no manual box or coupe option. For a company that offers so many variations of cars, X 2’s, 4’s and 6’s, GT models for those who want more space but not a MPV and then X 1’s, 3’s and 5’s, not to offer a manual box in sports car seems ludicrous. And after talking about bringing the weight down, it’s still 1500kg plus car.

CAR magazine also has a section on the new Supra too, not sure if the pictures are genuine or computer generated but it’s rear haunches and sleek front end give it a fantastic stance. Something the Z4 is seriously lacking in my opinion.
Supra will be Coupe only though so not for me. I drove an old one when I was thinking of selling my Fiat Coupe many years back. That felt like a slow old fashioned bus next to the Fiat, Whch I kept for another 4 years. Before finaly it goes up and I bought my Zed. :D