Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New z4

Discussing the current generation Z4
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

New z4

Post by flybobbie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:58 pm

So why the spotty chrome grille, just like a Merc?
The designer seems to have had a load of pictures of other sports cars and made a Frankenstein monster.
Just my thoughts, much rather buy second hand F type.
Lucky if this reaches 50k if that, world sales.

And i wonder if they have that cheapo Merc exhaust trim, a round pipe with a bit of squarish chrome trim plonked in front.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

New z4

Post by john-e89 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:50 pm

skelters wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 pm
Z4 Beemer wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:24 am Don't panic people... 2 cup holders are concealed inside the centre arm rest. :thumbsup:
john-e89 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:59 pm Based purely on looks and none on driving it....comprehensive...... :roll:
Nobody is making any comments on how good it it may not be or may be to drive because all we have to go on is the reviews from websites who may or may not be impartial.

Pictures leaked from a Belgium website with or without BMW giving permission? Perhaps they had to release the pictures before the doctor took the bandages off the BMW executives eyes and revealed it in all it's horror or was it a deliberate marketing ploy to generate interest in what they already realise is a design mistake?

This forum hasn't exactly been alight with comments about the G29. It wasn't like that when the E89 was first unveiled. Maybe there's fewer users on here now or maybe there's not the interest in this car for many reasons too numerous to list on here.

It's an ugly car. A very ugly car but quite typical of where BMW is going with each generation of car losing appeal whether it's increasing the size, decreasing the size or making what may or may not be good changes across the range in the name of progress while trying to invent a new niche market. It's been like that for years and it'll continue. It's not just BMW that are doing it though. Anyone seen the cartoon rear end of a Honda Civic recently? Name that Audi from the front? Name that Ford from the front?

There'll be no surprise to me if the front end of the G29 gets a face lift sooner rather that later and the headlights replaced.

Personally I'm waiting for the self driving offroader, two seater convertible, turbo charged, hybrid, SUV, Pickup, Estate with a hardtop along with 800 bhp, 500 mpg minimum and both front and rear engined along with an option of no engine. It also needs to be amphibious and run on fresh air along with diesel, petrol and chewing gum! I'm sure Audi or BMW will have one rattled together in a few days for this new niche market!

But back to the G29! Cup holders. That's me sold on it then, who do I give the deposit to? Haud me back!

RIP the Z4.
Killed by design 2018 but it was dead long before the G29 came along!
:rofl: Love it....

At least there’s no guessing what you think of it....no fence needed.... :lol: :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Z4 Beemer

New z4

Post by Z4 Beemer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 pm

It is what it is, like it or not, and forums are great for posting opinions. If the car doesn't sell as well as BMW predict, they'll flood the market with discounts / cheap PCP deals, which will probably suddenly swing a lot of opinion. :wink:

The review from Steve Sutcliffe (AutoExpress) on an early prototype was actually pretty positive though ... :thumbsup:

I like it, and I'll buy one... :driving:
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

New z4

Post by Nictrix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Z4 Beemer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 pm It is what it is, like it or not, and forums are great for posting opinions. If the car doesn't sell as well as BMW predict, they'll flood the market with discounts / cheap PCP deals, which will probably suddenly swing a lot of opinion. :wink:

The review from Steve Sutcliffe (AutoExpress) on an early prototype was actually pretty positive though ... :thumbsup:

I like it, and I'll buy one... :driving:
These people cannot slate a car or they would get blacklisted for testing them in the future.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

skelters

New z4

Post by skelters » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:41 am

Nictrix wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:37 pm These people cannot slate a car or they would get blacklisted for testing them in the future.
This is why the reviewers are having a w***fest over this BMW.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Rathean

New z4

Post by Rathean » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm

skelters wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 pm It's an ugly car. A very ugly car...
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think it's an absolute stunner :poke:

As an evolved design it has elegance, great lines and loving the rear end... still talking about the car btw :oops: ... and the interior looks to be a step up in quality.

BUT... I will not be trading in my E89 for one for at least a few years, and after they've ironed out the usual batch of reliability and finish issues and done a mid-term re-launch I'll bag one then with the biggest engine they can shoe-horn into it :evil:
2011 X3 30d MSport black, 8-speed auto, leather everything
2011 Bimmer Z4 35i diamond black, 6-speed manual, full caboodle (hibernating) :driving:

skelters

New z4

Post by skelters » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Rathean wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think it's an absolute stunner :poke:

As an evolved design it has elegance, great lines and loving the rear end... still talking about the car btw :oops: ... and the interior looks to be a step up in quality.

BUT... I will not be trading in my E89 for one for at least a few years, and after they've ironed out the usual batch of reliability and finish issues and done a mid-term re-launch I'll bag one then with the biggest engine they can shoe-horn into it :evil:
That'll be the front end redesign and the narrowboat barge back end sorted then! :rofl:
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

New z4

Post by john-e89 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 pm

skelters wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Rathean wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm

That'll be the front end redesign and the narrowboat barge back end sorted then! :rofl:
For someone that dislikes it so much you sure go on about it a lot.....Nowt else to moan about...?? :poke:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

skelters

New z4

Post by skelters » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:16 am

I'm keeping these threads alive as there's not a lot of interest in this car! :rofl:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

New z4

Post by john-e89 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm

skelters wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:16 am I'm keeping these threads alive as there's not a lot of interest in this car! :rofl:
:rofl:

Fair shout I have to say.... :lol:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29