Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Future owner of stock car - year of ownership.

Discussing the current generation Z4
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Future owner of stock car.

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Roll on Friday then! :thumbsup:

Just for entertainment value this was my mate's Stock Car getting put into the fence at Wimbledon Stadium!
Attachments
Spinney in 834.JPG
Spinney in 834.JPG (152.06 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

gusTaco

Post by gusTaco » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Roadster_Surrey wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:15 pm That will be with VAT included. My 20i was £3000 upfront and 23 x £262, 10K miles per annum. Upfront could be adjusted, I chose £3000 to have lower payments later.

It's first time I've seen lease on Z4 ever. There was good promo on 840i in January 2020. Quite a few people jumped on that, but excess mile cost of 40p per mile discouraged me.
I've been trying to look for a good lease deal but all I can find is in the 400-450 range with delivery March - April! :thumbsdown: , mind you I will be needing around 15k miles next year

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:14 pm

My new toy was delivered on Friday noon. It came in enclosed car transporter. Driver unloaded it on main street and brought it to my close.

I went through options and settings and then set off on a first drive. Sadly, it was spoilt by fuel panic buying. Instead of enjoying nice trip to Eastbourne, I was stuck in traffic and then in a queue to petrol station. Saturday was also started with trip to petrol station, so I could go on planned trip to Iron Bridge. Instead of testing different driving modes, I had to do some eco driving, to make sure there's enough petrol left for inbound journey.

Car is only 20i, but seems to be dynamic and should be enough for leisure trips. Driving Abarth 124 Spider was adventure, driving Z4 is very grown up. Quiet and sophisticated. Boot is twice the size that of Abarth, so I was happy to see all my camping gear fit and nothing had to travel in the cabin. I had 3 x SLK in past, but had too many cars in the meantime, to compare SLK to new Z4.

I worked out most of the things in the car, but have to read manual to find some answers. I know how to remove navigation from center of the dash, but can I put there something else? Or is it choice between navigation and black space? Can I see driving data in BMW app?

Why BMW thought that wind deflector shouldn't be standard, I will never understand. Without it, it's really windy with open top. I may need Russian winter hat covering my ears.

I'm quite pleased with the car and leasing deal I got. And I didn't even think about getting Z4. My lease cars are quite random.

Ashdown Forest car park.
20210924_152005.jpg
20210924_152005.jpg (181.35 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:40 pm

Very nice, congratulations :thumbsup:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Car looks brilliant. Congratulations. :D
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 am

Congratulations, you’ll be glad its arrived while there’s still some sun out :thumbsup:

Boot space is one of the major plus points for us too.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Your new car is looking good. :thumbsup:

Shame about the petrol issue though. :(
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:08 pm

I visited friend who's loyal BMW customer and he explained a few things to me. I thought, it's not possible to open/close the roof without engine on, but he showed me, that I have to close the door and press brake. I got to that part of manual later, but it didn't mention closing the door. He also showed me small storage space beside steering wheel, like I had in VAG in past.

I read more about digital dash and looks like it's very limited. Even if I get rid off the navigation from the middle, I still get the street/road name at the bottom of the dash and there's no total mileage visible anywhere. Digital dash could offer so much customisation, but it doesn't.

One thing, that I don't like, is that as soon, as I unlock the car, it behaves like ignition is on, my dash cam switches on at every unlocking unnecessary. The same with mirrors, why do they need to unfold, when you press boot opening button? Can any of these thing be codded out, or it's just they way it is?

Manual mentions lowering left mirror when reversing, but there's no explanation if some extra actions is needed, except having mirror configuration set to left. I need to do more research on that.

Tank almost full, so at least fuel crisis is not a problem any more.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Roadster_Surrey wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:08 pm I visited friend who's loyal BMW customer and he explained a few things to me. I thought, it's not possible to open/close the roof without engine on, but he showed me, that I have to close the door and press brake. I got to that part of manual later, but it didn't mention closing the door. He also showed me small storage space beside steering wheel, like I had in VAG in past.

I read more about digital dash and looks like it's very limited. Even if I get rid off the navigation from the middle, I still get the street/road name at the bottom of the dash and there's no total mileage visible anywhere. Digital dash could offer so much customisation, but it doesn't.

One thing, that I don't like, is that as soon, as I unlock the car, it behaves like ignition is on, my dash cam switches on at every unlocking unnecessary. The same with mirrors, why do they need to unfold, when you press boot opening button? Can any of these thing be codded out, or it's just they way it is?

Manual mentions lowering left mirror when reversing, but there's no explanation if some extra actions is needed, except having mirror configuration set to left. I need to do more research on that.

Tank almost full, so at least fuel crisis is not a problem any more.
    In answer to a couple of queries, it is possible to have the total mileage visible, use the toggle button on the left hand stalk until the display is as the picture below. The car is definitely running in the picture as the rev counter is up.

The left hand mirror dropping to aid reversing is an automatic thing but from memory the mirror switch needs to be to the right.

I think there’s also the ability to change what the mirrors do on locking/unlocking in the menu somewhere. I switched the auto lock/unlock off as I approached/left the car because it was a PITA that going to the bin etc if I had the key in my pocket it’d unlock.
    Attachments
    8DC6E567-0BD2-47E0-93EF-6B9B6D6B69DD.jpeg
    8DC6E567-0BD2-47E0-93EF-6B9B6D6B69DD.jpeg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 978 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Yes, I know I can switch the display on the right to see total mileage, I'm just surprised it's not part of standard display without any extra actions. I think, it's my first car, that doesn't show it on the main dash.

OK, I have to check setting of mirror. Manual is probably for LHD cars, and everything is written for other side.

You can change mirrors to fold or not fold, but no other options. I just found it strange, that there's seperate button on the key for boot, but it still unfolds mirror. I have no comfort pack, so it's all about pressing buttons for me.

Getting used to BMW world :-) So different from other German brands :-)

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 pm

Roadster_Surrey wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm just found it strange, that there's seperate button on the key for boot, but it still unfolds mirror
      You do of course know I going to have to go and try this now :lol:

There’s lots of different things even from the G29 to the E89, I’m still getting used to the G29. Haven’t played with most of the tech yet, been too busy driving it.

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:31 pm

I spent the weekend with car and had some extra time in stationary traffic on motorway to play with settings. Want to learn everything, before I hit the road and won't have time to adjust settings.

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Well, I went and tried it and absolutely no bl00dy use to you at all :lol:

Pressing the boot only button on the fob did unfold the mirrors like yours, but walking up to the car and opening the boot without using the fob unlocked the boot without unfolding the mirrors. An advantage of comfort access I guess 8)

Ian J

Post by Ian J » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:29 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm
          In answer to a couple of queries, it is possible to have the total mileage visible, use the toggle button on the left hand stalk until the display is as the picture below.
          That picture is obviously not from your car as the temperature never gets as high as 12 in Scotland surely :D

Roadster_Surrey

Post by Roadster_Surrey » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:52 am

Mirror lowered when set to right. Not sure where's the logic in it. Manual said left and in all previous German cars I had, was also left.

Now just need to change the tyres for winter ones. Waiting for local Kwik Fit to be less busy. I know people don't use Kwik Fit for their nice cars, but I have good relationship with them and they are across the street, so easy to get the tyres to them.