Accidental handbrake

Discussing the next generation Z4
Pbondar
Lifer
Lifer

Accidental handbrake

Post by Pbondar » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am I was trying to understand how this was possible until I looked at the interior of the G29.
Maybe the roof switch should have been put in a different place like it is with the E89 to avoid this mistake.
Considering it looks like it is activated in the same way as the ebrake makes an accidental pull inevitable.
They changed the levers on aircraft into completely different shapes as pilots distracted or under stress would put the flaps down instead of the landing gear or vice versa//lift the gear as they were going down the runway.. still happens but nowhere as common..
2012 E89 N20 MSport Auto Atacama Yellow Fully Loaded plus some..details here.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqrmrnxmh7tq6 ... e.pdf?dl=0

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Accidental handbrake

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am I was trying to understand how this was possible until I looked at the interior of the G29.
Maybe the roof switch should have been put in a different place like it is with the E89 to avoid this mistake.
Considering it looks like it is activated in the same way as the ebrake makes an accidental pull inevitable.
They changed the levers on aircraft into completely different shapes as pilots distracted or under stress would put the flaps down instead of the landing gear or vice versa//lift the gear as they were going down the runway.. still happens but nowhere as common..
Ah yes, many happy nights (NOT) spent mopping up hydraulic fluid and replenishing the nitrogen bottle on the Tornado undercarriage emergency blowdown system cos some numpty pulled that lever instead of the parking brake!
Sometimes aircrew, but the worst culprits seemed to be avionics techies, putting the jets back in the shed last thing at night!! At which point they would scuttle off home and leave the riggers to it!
E89 20i SDrive M Sport - Valencia Orange
E85 2.5i - Sterling Grey - Better half's fun car