Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Z4: Stop guessing what it looks like....

Discussing the current generation Z4
BeardyJon

Post by BeardyJon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:00 am

I know concepts usually get watered down but this is just taking the piss.

The concept looked like a proper beast roadster and this looks like a Mazda or something. So disappointed.
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

djstan

Post by djstan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:42 am

BeardyJon wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:00 am I know concepts usually get watered down but this is just taking the piss.

The concept looked like a proper beast roadster and this looks like a Mazda or something. So disappointed.
When you look at the concept vs. rendered image in a previous post, it's only really the front end that looks different - I'm sure that an enterprising character with a 3D printer (or something like that) could make a new front end that could just replace what the car comes with :)
10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Only me that likes it more than the Lexus lookalike concept then ?

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:29 am

This is one of the patent drawings recently issued ,Like the E89 there are two front end designs , the std one and the more aggressive one , ,this patent drawing is the std one .Over the months I've looked at the cars in Camo ,they also have two front end designs a std one see patent drawings and the other one slightly better looking , both are nothing like the concept , which is a shame as it looks phenomenal , I have to be honest I'm not really that impressed , IMO the E89 is unlike any other BMW looks wise , but this new one looks like a modified 2 series .
The front of the concept Z4 is a stunner , but from all angles it's good , the Z4 in th patent drawings is a bit weak IMO ,bit of a blob , when the Camo comes off my view might change .but at the moment bit of a shame . :fuelfire:
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving: