Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpina with no service history?

Alpina Specific discussion
Italian Job

Post by Italian Job » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 pm

If everything else was in order, mechanics and bodywork, how cheap would a Alpina have to be for you to consider it? Or would you just dismiss it out of hand?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 pm

So many variables,. Certainly worth considering service history be not everything. Conditon is often more important on an older car. As for price they are worth what ever some one is willing to pay. If you are buying it as a daily then all that realy matters is that it runs reliably. If you are speculating on whether it may be worth more tommorrow than it is today then In have no idea. Cars is for. :driving: :thumbsup:

Italian Job

Post by Italian Job » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Its a tough one isn't it, i'm not buying as an investment but would rather not lose too much with at re sale time, and at that point your market is smaller because of the missing history. Quite right that everything has a price though.

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:32 pm

If the car checks out mechanically and body wise it's worth considering if its cheap enough. Taking into consideration it will be harder to shift come sale time and any prospective future buyer will probably want to pay less I would say around 20% less would be good. 30% less would be even better :P
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Italian Job

Post by Italian Job » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Cheers for the replys, definitely food for thought.