Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuming women driver

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
bz4kev

Fuming women driver

Post by bz4kev » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 am

ronk wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm
Hilly30si wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 pmJust about to say the same Rick

She also never looks at the dash as the reversing camera would have been on.
That is scary in itself - why do you need a camera when you presumably have eyes in your head that work!
Because when a low car like a Zed etc., stops close to a high car like a Disco or Range Rover, they hide underneath the line of sight of the rear view mirror.
see what your saying here but in my wifes defence she was a good 8 to 10 feet back she must have been totally blind or totally distracted :tumbleweed:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by ronk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 am

bz4kev wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 am
ronk wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

That is scary in itself - why do you need a camera when you presumably have eyes in your head that work!
Because when a low car like a Zed etc., stops close to a high car like a Disco or Range Rover, they hide underneath the line of sight of the rear view mirror.
see what your saying here but in my wifes defence she was a good 8 to 10 feet back she must have been totally blind or totally distracted :tumbleweed:
Or under the influence????
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

bz4kev

Fuming women driver

Post by bz4kev » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Well resurrection off old post after what’s seams like years ago finally comes to a conclusion with one month left till our day in court the lady 🤬 now decided she was at fault and case finally closed and needless to say I will never use Swiftcover insurance again after about 50 blunders and lack of progress a call to the ombudsman and then even more blunders it’s finally over :tumbleweed: anyone recommend a decent competent insurance company if there are any out there
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

1000rr

Fuming women driver

Post by 1000rr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 pm

bz4kev wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 pm Well resurrection off old post after what’s seams like years ago finally comes to a conclusion with one month left till our day in court the lady 🤬 now decided she was at fault and case finally closed and needless to say I will never use Swiftcover insurance again after about 50 blunders and lack of progress a call to the ombudsman and then even more blunders it’s finally over :tumbleweed: anyone recommend a decent competent insurance company if there are any out there

:o :o :o
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Fuming women driver

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Well I'm just glad you finally got there. :thumbsup:

I don't think there is a decent insurance company any more - they're pretty much all call-centres staffed by monkeys using a script. :x
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by ronk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm

They’re always keen to get take the cash when buying insurance!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by Angie4m » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Sorry to hear /read of this and so glad it been resolved. A lot of the time it is insurance companies not wanting to take the hit which is to blame however I would recommend Esure and Admiral. I’ve only had to use Admiral myself and they were top notch and used an amazing company when my car was involved in an accident pre the e89 the finish wa abetted than bmw! And my dad used Esure for his M4 and when that was bumped they used BMW for repair and it was just perfect. No arguing, no delay. They just got it sorted.

I’m with Esure for all my cars. Good price and well the proof is when you NEED to make a claim.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by Jembo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 pm

pvr wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:35 pm
bz4kev wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:08 am
ronk wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Remember your un insured losses - your premiums over the next few years might rise because you've been involved in an accident ! Ours did and its worth asking the question before any full and final settlement !
thanks never thought of that good advice will look into that :thumbsup:

Not available in the UK though? I know you can claim for that as well as loss of value (damaged / repaired car) in European insurance but I did not think you could claim for that in the UK.
Can 2nd that when a muppet dragged their caravan down the side of a 3 month old car I had - tried to claim additional loss as now devalued, wouldn’t entertain
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

stupot1

Fuming women driver

Post by stupot1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Exactly the same thing happened to me years ago in the Mother in-laws little Fiat. I pulled up behind a 4x4 at lights, he'd obviously missed his turn so decided to reverse, bumper and bonnet squashed.
He got out and apologised, admitted it was entirely his fault and started to go through the Insurance.
Whereupon his version changed entirely, apparently I'd sped up behind him and parked so close he couldn't see me...all total Cobblers. Anyway after a few weeks he admitted it.
Very frustrating and annoying but sorted in the end.
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's

stupot1

Fuming women driver

Post by stupot1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Had to start reversing whilst blasting the horn because someone hadn't checked the mirror before reversing at traffic lights!

bz4kev

Fuming women driver

Post by bz4kev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Update after about 14 months all sorted settled out of court :D roll on to yesterday would you believe it car parked with wife in passenger seat and yes another white suv reverses into the front again IS THIS CAR JINXED anyway all sorted going in for repair 6th feb just paint damage that I can see so full front bumper respray which to be honest it needed anyway as had been peppered since replaced

stupot1

Fuming women driver

Post by stupot1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Exact same thing happened to me years ago.
Behind a 4x4 at lights when he reversed, still no idea why. He was all apologetic and said his insurance would sort it. A few days later his Insurance contacted me saying that I'd bumped into him!
Took months to sort it but I got my car sorted in the end.
It happened before camera phones, which are a bonus today I suppose .

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm

stupot1 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm Exact same thing happened to me years ago.
Behind a 4x4 at lights when he reversed, still no idea why. He was all apologetic and said his insurance would sort it. A few days later his Insurance contacted me saying that I'd bumped into him!
Was it very frustrating and annoying but sorted in the end? :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

stupot1

Fuming women driver

Post by stupot1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Nictrix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm
stupot1 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm Exact same thing happened to me years ago.
A right ball ache for a while but sorted eventually. Worst bit was, it was my ex Mother in-laws car......only added to the ball ache!

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Fuming women driver

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm

stupot1 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:40 pm
Nictrix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm
A right ball ache for a while but sorted eventually. Worst bit was, it was my ex Mother in-laws car......only added to the ball ache!
Sorry , I posted this as you had posted the same story 3 months ago that was 3 posts above your new one. I thought it was funny :)
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)