Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lets see your Watches

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
SteveSmith

Lets see your Watches

Post by SteveSmith » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 am

I must admit, I love both my Steinharts but the strap and clasp let the Ocean 44 down. Ceramic bezel and DSSD inspired face makes it feel like a much more expensive watch that it is.

The Nav B however (which is double the price) feels like a very expensive watch... it’s just lovely. Since getting it in November it hasn’t been off my wrist. Must rotate them!
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

Jollyjoiner

Lets see your Watches

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

85genius wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:43 am
Jollyjoiner wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:58 pmHappy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.
Hold on.......it's not my birthday.....it must be just New Watch day then :D
Say hello to my Christopher Ward C60 Trident pro 600
Lovely! I got the vintage version really great watch and on a par build wise with omega/Tudor/breitling you get that in the January sales?

Bagged myself a half price c8 pilot
Not sure if I'm gonna keep it though fell for it on the website but now it's in hand I'm not as sure.

Think maybe should have gone for the steinhart pilot instead, but my trident pro feels a much more expensive watch than my ocean one I thought that would carry through to the pilot but I guess aviation watches are simpler than divers or maybe it's just that it's an older CW model?
Yes I got it in the sales luckily. I was looking at this one after canceling the Junghans 1972 I ordered which ended up being delayed in production for nearly 3 months.
I seen this brand first so went back to take another look. Nearly ordered it then got the offer email the day after so I placed my order saving me over £200. The watch for sale had the metal strap so I purchased a leather strap with it and got them to send it out with the leather one on. What they did forget to do was send me the metal strap they had taken off so I fired them an email yesterday to ask them to send it me in the post. Not had a reply yet so may have to ring them monday and explain.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Paulro100

Lets see your Watches

Post by Paulro100 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Here's mine
IMG_2724.JPG
IMG_2724.JPG (347.62 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

Steve84N

Lets see your Watches

Post by Steve84N » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Why do Rolex watches have a date magnifier? It's not as if you can't see it without and it totally puts me off them despite the general design being attractive.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by ronk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Paulro100 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:02 pm
IMG_2724.JPG
That just says quality !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

85genius

Lets see your Watches

Post by 85genius » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Steve84N wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pmWhy do Rolex watches have a date magnifier? It's not as if you can't see it without and it totally puts me off them despite the general design being attractive.
Depends how good your eyesight is, there's someone in this thread with the same Tudor chronograph as me but he actually added a date magnifier
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

dalecan

Lets see your Watches

Post by dalecan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 am

Steve84N wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:38 pmWhy do Rolex watches have a date magnifier? It's not as if you can't see it without and it totally puts me off them despite the general design being attractive.
I used to think like that until my age caught up with me and my eyesight started to go.

Lets see your Watches

Post by sticky » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:31 am

dalecan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 am
I used to think like that until my age caught up with me and my eyesight started to go.
Practical from above and helps from an angle,,,,, it is after all built for divers , pilots etc etc. I know its not perfect as such but others ????

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by enzed4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 am

It's only stuck on the crystal and can be removed if it was the only thing stopping you owning one.
Edit: Although, I have read of owners finding a 'shadow' underneath they can't remove after the cyclops has gone, which is the AR coating on the GMT Master II (not on the Explorer II though so should be no problem on that). I haven't seen any pics to confirm this though.
Easier still, just replace the cyclops crystal with a non-cyclops crystal and save the original to go back on if you ever wanted to sell it 100% original.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Steve84N

Lets see your Watches

Post by Steve84N » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 am

Interesting...
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Got itchy feet and started ripping into the Invicta - apologies again to the purists for the obscene content. :oops:

Taking the watch apart was easier than I thought - the hardest bit was keeping the dust out! I've replaced the dial and hands with DOXA-style versions from Dagaz, swapped the metal bracelet with a Zuludiver rubber one with a nice deployment clasp, and removed the cyclops. The watch itself has been ok, currently gaining 4-5 seconds a week which I understand is pretty decent?
P1620722.JPG
P1620722.JPG (104.68 KiB) Viewed 894 times
post_IMAG5629.jpg
post_IMAG5629.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 894 times
post_IMAG5659.jpg
post_IMAG5659.jpg (89.19 KiB) Viewed 894 times
IMAG5595.jpg
IMAG5595.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 894 times
Very happy so far (£120 for everything) although I'm wondering what to do next or whether to quit while I'm ahead! I will definitely grind off the Invicta engraving on the side of the case, possibly leaving a brushed finish, but am also thinking of removing the crown guards. What do you guys think?

I also realised that I didn't really like this style of bezel as soon as I started wearing the watch, but it's grown on me after the mods and perhaps matches the crown guards quite well? I did end up buying another Invicta over xmas to mod, with a blue coin-edged bezel, so maybe that will get more of a "vintage" treatment and a simpler look.

It's fair to say I've found a new winter hobby. :)
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by enzed4 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 am

MrPT wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pmGot itchy feet and started ripping into the Invicta - apologies again to the purists for the obscene content. :oops:

Taking the watch apart was easier than I thought - the hardest bit was keeping the dust out! I've replaced the dial and hands with DOXA-style versions from Dagaz, swapped the metal bracelet with a Zuludiver rubber one with a nice deployment clasp, and removed the cyclops. The watch itself has been ok, currently gaining 4-5 seconds a week which I understand is pretty decent?

P1620722.JPG
post_IMAG5629.jpg
post_IMAG5659.jpg
IMAG5595.jpg

Very happy so far (£120 for everything) although I'm wondering what to do next or whether to quit while I'm ahead! I will definitely grind off the Invicta engraving on the side of the case, possibly leaving a brushed finish, but am also thinking of removing the crown guards. What do you guys think?

I also realised that I didn't really like this style of bezel as soon as I started wearing the watch, but it's grown on me after the mods and perhaps matches the crown guards quite well? I did end up buying another Invicta over xmas to mod, with a blue coin-edged bezel, so maybe that will get more of a "vintage" treatment and a simpler look.

It's fair to say I've found a new winter hobby. :)
Good work MrPT :thumbsup: Best use for an Invicta I've seen for a long time. Now if you could just replace/recolour the rotor no one would be the wiser. :lol:
I love the doxa dial/hands, and the bezel looks a bit like some of Omega SMP's.
Make sure to post pics of any further 'mods'
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by MrPT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am

enzed4 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 am Good work MrPT :thumbsup: Best use for an Invicta I've seen for a long time. Now if you could just replace/recolour the rotor no one would be the wiser. :lol:
Hah, thanks. The yellow bit apparently comes off quite cleanly in an acetone bath (although I imagine that's true of almost anything).
I love the doxa dial/hands, and the bezel looks a bit like some of Omega SMP's.
Make sure to post pics of any further 'mods'
Will do. I like the dial but not sure about the hands yet - sometimes the black gets a bit lost. I've ordered a set in white to experiment with.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Vornwend

Lets see your Watches

Post by Vornwend » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Having fun playing with this relatively cheap smart watch - its good fun designing/customising downloadable watch faces
Attachments
smartwatch2.jpg
smartwatch2.jpg (105.45 KiB) Viewed 824 times
smartwatch1.jpg
smartwatch1.jpg (95.63 KiB) Viewed 824 times
Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Lets see your Watches

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

Kickstarter recently ended on Stratons new Speciale watches so pulled the trigger and pledged for the day date automatic which uses the Valjoux 7750 movement. Looking forward to June delivery. I've gone for the blue dial polished case variant. Love these type of retro designs :)

Tim.