Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
roofer84

Post by roofer84 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Ferrari should put more faith in Leclerc, he is going to be a great driver.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm

roofer84 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:41 pm Ferrari should put more faith in Leclerc, he is going to be a great driver.
They are putting faith in him, lots of faith. You have to remeber he’s only in his 2nd year in F1 and he’s got a 4 time world champ for a team mate who has helped Ferrari to get back on the pace. At the moment Leclerc is looking very quick but because of his inexperience it’s still Vettel that has the best chance of the title over the course of the whole season, recent spins taken into account. On that subject if it keeps happening then Ferrari will be forced to consider equal status but for now it’s still Vettel with the best chance. Leclerc is a champ in the making no doubt and will get his chance soon enough, Ferrari won’t let him go anywhere if they can help it.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm
MrPT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:56 pm Great result. Where are Ferrari though? I thought season might be the one where things evened up a bit, but no.

And nice one Danny Ric for reversing into Kvyat. :D
The Ricardo thing was just plain :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cry: How much does he get paid to dive a car. :roll:

Ferrari are clearly trying to mix it up a bit with strategy. The qualy crash made sure of that. They just don't have the right lead driver, or more importantly, a fast enough car. :wink:
I'm not buying the mirrors excuse. Should have gone to Specsavers. :dizzy:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Can Valtteri keep the pressure on Lewis. :wink:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 pm

That'll be a no then.

Lots of muttering about the SC helping Mr Hamilton, but he took a gamble to set the car up for race trim instead of qualifying, still got on the front row, and, if he'd been ahead of VB into the first corner, would have been long gone. SC was irrelevant to him.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 pm That'll be a no then.

Lots of muttering about the SC helping Mr Hamilton, but he took a gamble to set the car up for race trim instead of qualifying, still got on the front row, and, if he'd been ahead of VB into the first corner, would have been long gone. SC was irrelevant to him.
May be it's time to change the thread title.

Anyone Worried About Seb. :wink:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 am

buzyg wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Nah!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm

buzyg wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm

He needs pulling away from the limelight for a while. The summer break can't come quick enough for Seb. I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for him.

It's obvious this has got into his head and he now can't break away from it. Mental health seems to be a massive thing in most sports these days, but it doesn't appear to have hit motorsport yet.

If he doesn't get some help he will end up retiring soon, in my opinion.

On the other hand, fantastic race apart from that incident. LeClerc/Verstappen and the 2 mercs racing was fantastic to see. Nice, clean, hard racing.

Bottas clearly got help over winter (Seb take note), as he is a man possessed this season. Much better from him :thumbsup:

Lewis 8) 8) 8) he must have asked for help from God, because he's had so much luck (yes I know, you make your own luck) this season. I'm glad as I'm a huge fan of him. That 2016 year still gets under my skin :headbang: :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Another cracking race weekend. F1 is actually worth a watch at the moment. :thumbsup:

Lewis was on it today. :driving: Great shout by the tactitions, for a change. Vestapen could do nothing against that.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 pm Another cracking race weekend. F1 is actually worth a watch at the moment. :thumbsup:
It really is. This one a bit more conventional than the last!

Felt a bit sorry for Verstappen since Mercedes clearly didn't have much to lose by taking a punt at the strategy switch. Still, Hamilton made it stick and it's not as if he held back when he was trying to pass him on track either - great racing.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 pm

MrPT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 pm
buzyg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 pm Another cracking race weekend. F1 is actually worth a watch at the moment. :thumbsup:

Felt a bit sorry for Verstappen since Mercedes clearly didn't have much to lose by taking a punt at the strategy switch. Still, Hamilton made it stick and it's not as if he held back when he was trying to pass him on track either - great racing.
Easy to forget his first lap overtake on Bottas. That is really where the race was made. :wink:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:38 pm

buzyg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Easy to forget his first lap overtake on Bottas. That is really where the race was made. :wink:
Ah yes. You mean the bit where Bottas gave up on his career? :cry:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 pm

MrPT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:38 pm
buzyg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:10 pm
MrPT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 pm It really is. This one a bit more conventional than the last!

Ah yes. You mean the bit where Bottas gave up on his career? :cry:
Not quite, that was a few seconds later, when he let a Fessa past and lost his front wing. :oops: :cry:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 am

I think that the tacticians' job was made easier by LH. By keeping so very close to MV he gave Red Bull no option but to pit as soon as the gap to CL got big enough. Leave it one lap and LH would have done the undercut. And if he'd been running just a couple of seconds further behind then MV would have had a cushion to extend his tyres a couple more laps.
So, yes, the strategy worked well, but it was made possible by some very close running in 'dirty air' throughout the first stint.

In short, I believe LH made his own luck.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:16 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:52 am In short, I believe LH made his own luck.
I'd have to agree with you there. :thumbsup:

But it was great to get 2 consecutive races that were actually exciting! :D
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black