Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Roberltd2

Post by Roberltd2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 pm

James Hunt rocked.
Full stop.
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Roberltd2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 pm James Hunt rocked.
Full stop.
i agree, a shag and a fag and a bit of a drive round, a mans man AND a ladies man - a proper character
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:56 pm

im goin off hamilton with all this knee s**t, he identifies himself as a black man, but he aint, his mom is white and she brought up alone after his black dad pissed off when he was two .. such a good father, no wonder he thinks he is black :headbang:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Any doubters still out there. The guys not at all bad at driving. :driving: :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 am

buzyg wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:59 pm Any doubters still out there. The guys not at all bad at driving. :driving: :thumbsup:
Pleased to see him win it in style. Could easily have cruised and stayed safe, but the racer showed up. When even MV is spinning off and can't make his tyres last it was a demonstration of patience, great tyre management and no small amount of skill. Lapping his team-mate made nonsense of the 'it's just the car' claim.

And lets be perfectly fair, apart from outright pace, the same could be said of Perez too.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

obewan

Post by obewan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:28 am

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 am
buzyg wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:59 pm Any doubters still out there. The guys not at all bad at driving. :driving: :thumbsup:
Pleased to see him win it in style. Could easily have cruised and stayed safe, but the racer showed up. When even MV is spinning off and can't make his tyres last it was a demonstration of patience, great tyre management and no small amount of skill. Lapping his team-mate made nonsense of the 'it's just the car' claim.

And lets be perfectly fair, apart from outright pace, the same could be said of Perez too.
+1 :thumbsup:
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Still not worried about him. Seems to be doing ok.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

exdos

Post by exdos » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 amWhen even MV is spinning off and can't make his tyres last it was a demonstration of patience, great tyre management and no small amount of skill.
Verstappen is nowhere near the same level as Lewis. His balls are bigger than his brain. Races are won at the finish line and not before and Verstappen has yet to realise that.

Lewis is the perfect F1 driver on all levels and it's a joy to witness the way he performs. There will never be another like him.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm

exdos wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 amWhen even MV is spinning off and can't make his tyres last it was a demonstration of patience, great tyre management and no small amount of skill.
[/quote

Lewis is the perfect F1 driver on all levels and it's a joy to witness the way he performs. There will never be another like him.
That’s what they said about Schumacher, they also said his 7 titles would never be equalled....

.....never say never..... :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

exdos

Post by exdos » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:06 pm
That’s what they said about Schumacher, they also said his 7 titles would never be equalled....
As I said, there will never be another like Lewis. His skill level is above anything we've seen before.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm

exdos wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 pm
As I said, there will never be another like Lewis. His skill level is above anything we've seen before.
You ever seen Fangio and Jim Clark drive, just two examples...?

It’d be quite alarming if Hamilton wasn’t better than Verstappen, he’s had 10 odd years longer in F1.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:48 pm

exdos wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 pm
Lewis Hamilton also came from very humble beginnings, in F1 terms. He really has no piers in the modern era IMHO. How he keeps his feet any where near the ground is a demonstration of who he is inside and the upbringing he must have had. Good look to the man, his talents are without equal in modern F1 and some how he deals with all the expectations and political cr#p without going completely off the rails. The team around him undoubtable has a huge impact on this, but in the end it's Lewis Hamilton that has to deliver and he does it..

Hope you make number eight sometime Lewis and that your views a of where society could improve are listens to. :thumbsup:
Last edited by buzyg on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Title No 8 next year is all but guaranteed.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm

All I know is he is the best I've ever seen in the 40+ years I've been following F1.

I never saw Fangio or Clark but my Dad used to really rate Clark, although he might have been a bit biased as he was also a Scot! But since he was only 32 when he had his fatal crash he may well have taken more titles if it hadn't happened.

The biggest difference between then and now was that Clark raced successfully in all sorts of cars, not just F1.

But that doesn't make what Lewis has achieved any less impressive, and I also hope he does get number eight!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

GJ1

Post by GJ1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Loved Hamilton ever since he came on the F1 scene. He did things on the race track I'd not seen up to that point.
So glad he won the 7th in style. He's not perfect - but none of us are.
He's worked incredibly hard from a young age and deserves his successes.
07 Z4C 3.0si sport sapphire black