Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carparts4less

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Jackers42

Carparts4less

Post by Jackers42 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Just ordered a battery for my son's Astra from this firm and can recommend them. Cheapest I could find, cheap delivery costs and efficient tracking. Installed the battery this evening and she fired up like a good un.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Re: Carparts4less

Post by buzyg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm

I was expecting a link. Think I found them any how's. 4 helps.

Will have a brows. :thumbsup:

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/?gclid=C ... wwodzU8AMQ

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:20 am

They are part of the gsf/eurocarparts group I believe.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Denis O

Post by Denis O » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 am

Having used ECP to buy batteries for both the Zed and the X5 I then decided to use CP4Less to buy a battery for my Defender. As Ben says, same company so what could go wrong.

ECP were absolutely brilliant and having ordered the batteries at 4pm they were delivered at 5.10pm. Both cars had completely flat batteries after an extended stay away. CP4Less however were an absolute nightmare. Took 12 days to get me the battery and everytime I called all I got was lies and bullshite. All this to save a tenner over ECP.

I will never touch CP4less again and will continue to use my local ECP branch in Ashford. There offer prices, of which there are many, are pretty close to CP4less anyway.
06 Full Fat Range Rover 4.2 S/c

05 Merc SL350

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 am

Weird how customer experience is so inconsistent - I remember seeing a post recently saying ECPs service had gone to sh1t lately, and personally the one experience I have had with carparts4less (new brake pads) was excellent - cheapest on the web and fast delivery. The same sort of thing has happened with Sopers Lincoln, most people saying they are ace but some having a horrible experience.

Given the volumes of business they get they probably don't think they need to do any proper market research... And of course who ever provides feedback when asked ? With all the information on the web nowadays it's not that hard to discover why things are going wrong and fix them though, which would lead to more business :?
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Denis O

Post by Denis O » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 am

Very good points Bing.

Screwing up is inevitable in any business but it's then a case of how the screw up is handled. All I wanted was a bit of honesty and sensible management of expectations. All I got was differing excuses and lies.

With the good job that ECP did I actually took time to send an email to their HQ, complimenting their excellent service. Never got a response but next time I went into the branch I told them and they said that HQ had passed on the email.
06 Full Fat Range Rover 4.2 S/c

05 Merc SL350

WNeill

Post by WNeill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:40 pm

I use both, regularly . As has been said, they are sister sites, both use UPS for delivery. Cp4less don't have any shops, that's why they are usually cheaper than ECP.

I've ordered 7 items from ECP and 11 from cp4less over the last 2 years (I change cars a lot) and have only ever had great service from both.

As Bing says, there will be lots of different experiences, I have one mate who will never buy from ECP, because of a bad experience, I told him to try cp4l, loved them until I told him they were sister sites, now he hates them too, haha. Even though no bad experience.

Wouldn't surprise me if the online orders come from the same warehouses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
BMW Z4 2.2 SE
BMW History;
BMW 645CI Coupe Auto (04) - BMW 325i SE Coupe Auto(56) - BMW 530i Sport Auto (51) - BMW 520i SE (99)

shortfuse 2

Post by shortfuse 2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

every firm can have a off day but not 12 days :thumbsdown:

Dev

Post by Dev » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:35 pm

I've used both ECP and CarParts4Less and had nothing but good service from both. CP4L are often cheaper, the stocklisting is identical (the whole website UI is the same with just branding different). If I need something quickly, I like to pickup from a local ECP shop which is really quite a handy thing to have.
2003 E85 Z4 3.0 Titanium Silver

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 pm

I've used both quite a few times, good prices with no problems :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

mgrlane

Carparts4less

Post by mgrlane » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:51 am

Interesting parcel delivered today from Carparts4less.

I ordered some front brake pads for my partners 118d on Monday and I opened them to find the following (see pictures).

It's clear that one set have already been on a car!

They weren't very apologetic they were "sorry I felt that way" etc (standard, copy and paste reply and don't admit fault).

Long and short of it is that they are collecting tomorrow but it's going to take 14 days for a refund after them receiving the pads back.

Is it me or is that slightly unfair that they can keep the money for 14 days after their quality control has let them down?

I re-ordered the parts from GSF after this and emailed their complaints. Not really happy with the experience there. I think I am now going to drive to places, pick up the items and open them there to inspect.
Attachments
d5.jpg
d5.jpg (169.27 KiB) Viewed 409 times
d4.jpg
d4.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 409 times
d2.jpg
d2.jpg (203.1 KiB) Viewed 409 times