Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Entitled Tourists

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Bottom

Entitled Tourists

Post by Bottom » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:57 pm

Living up in the Highlands has been a bit of a challenge this year, we've been absolutely besieged with visitors, not all of whom have been very welcome. Can't remember the last time I managed to get into top gear in the Z4 when I go into town for shopping for instance.

The lovely little picnic area on Loch Linnhe just north of my village has had to be closed, due to an influx of "wild campers" (or as the locals call them wild shiters), pulling down trees to make fires, leaving filth everywhere (no toilets here, but that's not a problem for them) and generally doing their antisocial stuff...

There are gates across the entrance with large signs on explaining why the area is closed off (health hazard) and with equally large "Do Not Block Entrance" and "No Parking" signs on the gates.
So what do we get today?
IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4464.jpeg (123.7 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Meanwhile the illiterate idiots are sitting on a picnic bench presumably wondering why the lovely location is otherwise empty... I hope they get Ebola. :headbang:

I'll be glad when summer ends and they can feck off back to whatever shiteholes they normally reside in.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Do we need to wear balaclavas tomorrow or am I almost classed as a local? :wink:

Same down here, there isn’t a lay-by between Campbeltown and Oban that’s not got one, or multiple, campers/caravans/tents etc.

I can only imagine what the run up Loch Lomond and then Glen Coe will be like tomorrow but I suppose at least we’re getting out on a Z4 run :driving:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Redmex

Entitled Tourists

Post by Redmex » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:21 pm

The campervan brigade are like cowboys from the old films taking over carparks for a full weekend circled up so no one else can park, I'm talking North Berwick here next to the beach
    Other than Tesco maybe Aldi who benefit from their visits
    I witnessed a full on scrap as someone took a parking space reserved for another late campervan two old guys trading blows
    Hope I've not upset any RV owners on here who travel the East coast

Bottom

Entitled Tourists

Post by Bottom » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:50 pm Do we need to wear balaclavas tomorrow or am I almost classed as a local?

Same down here, there isn’t a lay-by between Campbeltown and Oban that’s not got one, or multiple, campers/caravans/tents etc.

I can only imagine what the run up Loch Lomond and then Glen Coe will be like tomorrow but I suppose at least we’re getting out on a Z4 run
    Dunno what you look like, so I'll reserve judgement on the balaclava :-)

Last Monday afternoon I didn't get over 45 from Tyndrum to Glencoe, did wonders for my fuel economy but not my blood pressure.

The upside was that some plonker in a motorhome swung out onto my side of the road as I was going down the hill from Glencoe waterfall, we touched door mirrors since I literally couldn't go any further left and his mirror came right off and headed over the drop.

Left a tiny little mark on mine and it polished right out. Range Rover build quality beats Hymer :P

craig3.2
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Yeah,the joys of staycation holidaymakers.
    It's been a nightmare everywhere you go regards the lay-bys /picnic areas being closed,as well as tourists,theirs alot if "gypsies", or travellers ,to put it politely,that have been back with a vengeance,even outside my son's Primary School. Aaargh!
    Somewhere they've never turned up at before.

What a mess they leave too.

Hopefully things will start getting back to normal,next year,when more people will probably be taking foreign holidays again.
    Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
    Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

maxman

Entitled Tourists

Post by maxman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 pm

North Wales has had it share of tossers who would normally go to Spain or it’s associated islands.It’s no wonder Brits have a bad name abroad.

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

Entitled Tourists

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 pm

Such a shame when you live somewhere so scenic and tourists turn up and ruin it. :(

I suppose that's about the only positive thing about living in suburban Berkshire - it isn't a tourist destination! :lol:
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:25 am

I saw a piece on the news yesterday about the "success" of the NC500. Not sure who it is successful for.
    I didn't think you were allowed to camp overnight in lay-bys in the UK anymore. I was under the impression they had to pitch up at official campsites and pay more than a B&B for the privilege. :o
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:26 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 pm I suppose that's about the only positive thing about living in suburban Berkshire - it isn't a tourist destination
    I dunno; I've heard Aldershot is lovely this time of year. :lol:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

BMWZ4MC
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 am

Pondrew wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:26 am
    Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 pm I suppose that's about the only positive thing about living in suburban Berkshire - it isn't a tourist destination
    I dunno; I've heard Aldershot is lovely this time of year. :lol:
    I worked at Frimley Park Hospital a million years ago and I can assure you, Aldershot has never been and will never be ‘lovely’ :D
    I remember well treating a squaddie in the middle of the night after his head was stamped on by half a dozen locals who took offence to him and his mates.
    Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
    Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
    Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
    Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
    S2000 GT - gone

Zedebee
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Zedebee » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Equating Aldershot to suburban Berkshire isn’t fair on My Tidy. Aldershot is in Hampshire.
    2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
    Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Zedebee wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 pm Equating Aldershot to suburban Berkshire isn’t fair on My Tidy. Aldershot is in Hampshire.
    In that part of the world though, if you had three legs you could be in Berks, Hants and Surrey all at the same time :poke: :D

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Zedebee
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Zedebee » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 pm
    Zedebee wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 pm Equating Aldershot to suburban Berkshire isn’t fair on My Tidy. Aldershot is in Hampshire.
    In that part of the world though, if you had three legs you could be in Berks, Hants and Surrey all at the same time :poke: :D
    True, it’s very confusing. I live in Hampshire, but I have to drive through Surrey to get to Aldershot :?
    2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
    Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

firebobby
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by firebobby » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:25 am I saw a piece on the news yesterday about the "success" of the NC500. Not sure who it is successful for.
    I didn't think you were allowed to camp overnight in lay-bys in the UK anymore. I was under the impression they had to pitch up at official campsites and pay more than a B&B for the privilege. :o
    We pay anything from £15 to £30 for a pitch on an official caravan and motorhome club site.
    Last B&B we stayed in was £65.
    You must use some pretty sh1tty B&B's for less than £30 :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
    BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
    Beige M sport seats, wood dash
    Toyota MR2 NA 1995
    Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
    Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
    Mini 1000 1981

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Entitled Tourists

Post by Pondrew » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:40 pm

firebobby wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 pm We pay anything from £15 to £30 for a pitch on an official caravan and motorhome club site.
    Last B&B we stayed in was £65.
    You must use some pretty sh1tty B&B's for less than £30
    I don't do either Fred TBH. If I stay away it's four star hotels minimum. I have a rule; I will only pay to stay somewhere that is better than being at home. And I have a really nice home :thumbsup: :poke:
    My rule has led to some very embarrassing arguments, for my wife, admittedly :D

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold