Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Pbondar thread

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
BrianD

The Pbondar thread

Post by BrianD » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:13 pm

GoGirlZ4 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:13 am
Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:01 am
GoGirlZ4 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm You have tried, but failed to sell it to me, so I'm still in the not convinced camp.
Number of f***s given, ZERO
JMbv9GUn_400x400.jpg
Exactly :lol:
70 plate Z4 M40i - Alphine White, Magma Red trim plus all the toys and an OAP behind the wheel :D
Gone 62 Z4 35is sDrive Auto in white with 169K miles

Ed.Straker

The Pbondar thread

Post by Ed.Straker » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm

I would like to echo ori comments on this thread.

As ori said, here was a person who committed a huge amount of time and money to creating both what is a great car and in helping others out with detailed and helpful advice together with his many write ups on, and organising meets and travels.

The fact that trolls such as Craig3.2 and others have the temerity to trash him, his car and his contributions to this forum are utterly shameful.

With an easily observed public profile both here and elsewhere, quite why the trolls considered his actions subversive or unethical is clearly a level of paranoia or mischief in their minds.

It’s ironic that Craig3.2, a person with well-known and documented behavioural and personality issues should be questioning the ethical standards of someone who seems to have been reproach in his interactions with almost everyone on this forum.

Quite where the snide innuendo on driving ability came from, given that he ran into the back of a stationary car and whose own driving habits and style has been much discussed is beyond belief.

Craig3.2’s perpetual and unending habit of harassing people that for whatever reason have crossed him is well documented on this forum. Quite why he hasn’t been booted off this forum, as he has been elsewhere is one for the moderators.

I did suggest to Craig3.2 privately that he sought professional advice about his issues. Clearly he hasn’t done so.

There are too many people here on this forum just posting toxic or inane babble without contributing anything useful , educational or helpful to the greater benefit of the rest of the forum members.
White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:50 pm

ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:35 pm Soooo, I’ve gone through the 20 pages of this thread.

I have to say, that the lack of respect on the thread is horrific. It’s been a trend that people have been getting more snarky on here. Someone posts and rather than being helpful you get people sniping. It’s doesn’t make the forum a welcoming or friendly place.

Peter was an active member of the forum and will be missed. He helped countless people with his huge knowledge. His reasons for not selling on here are his own and I know he had the misfire issue fixed. The price he wants is what he wants and nothing to do with us unless we are buying it.

I think mods need to be more involved to help keep things friendly. I personally won’t hang around if this forum isn’t nice to be in. I’m not a great loss as my knowledge is limited, but Peter is a big loss.

Andy……meet looked fun! Shame I can’t join you guys on one of these drives.

GoGirl…..how you doin? ;)

SARS…..how’s your car delivery looking?
:happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 pm

Ed.Straker, I concur sir. Well said.
However, as one of the main players in the 'inane babble' category, I am a little wounded. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Zed Baron

The Pbondar thread

Post by Zed Baron » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:57 pm

ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:35 pm I have to say, that the lack of respect on the thread is horrific. It’s been a trend that people have been getting more snarky on here. Someone posts and rather than being helpful you get people sniping. It’s doesn’t make the forum a welcoming or friendly place.

Peter was an active member of the forum and will be missed. He helped countless people with his huge knowledge. His reasons for not selling on here are his own and I know he had the misfire issue fixed. The price he wants is what he wants and nothing to do with us unless we are buying it.

I think mods need to be more involved to help keep things friendly. I personally won’t hang around if this forum isn’t nice to be in. I’m not a great loss as my knowledge is limited, but Peter is a big loss.

Well said! :thumbsup:

GoGirlZ4

The Pbondar thread

Post by GoGirlZ4 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm I would like to echo ori comments on this thread.

As ori said, here was a person who committed a huge amount of time and money to creating both what is a great car and in helping others out with detailed and helpful advice together with his many write ups on, and organising meets and travels.

The fact that trolls such as Craig3.2 and others have the temerity to trash him, his car and his contributions to this forum are utterly shameful.

With an easily observed public profile both here and elsewhere, quite why the trolls considered his actions subversive or unethical is clearly a level of paranoia or mischief in their minds.

It’s ironic that Craig3.2, a person with well-known and documented behavioural and personality issues should be questioning the ethical standards of someone who seems to have been reproach in his interactions with almost everyone on this forum.

Quite where the snide innuendo on driving ability came from, given that he ran into the back of a stationary car and whose own driving habits and style has been much discussed is beyond belief.

Craig3.2’s perpetual and unending habit of harassing people that for whatever reason have crossed him is well documented on this forum. Quite why he hasn’t been booted off this forum, as he has been elsewhere is one for the moderators.

I did suggest to Craig3.2 privately that he sought professional advice about his issues. Clearly he hasn’t done so.

There are too many people here on this forum just posting toxic or inane babble without contributing anything useful , educational or helpful to the greater benefit of the rest of the forum members.
Are you for real, obviously you are one of the have a bash team who seemly enjoy making personal comments aimed at an individual to try and provoke a reaction. For someone who has only been on the forum for 8 months, you only appear to know half the story about what has gone on previously. You are of course entitled to your own opinion, just like others are but as for trolls and Craig3.2 thrashing Pbondars car that's hilarious :lol: . Yes comments were made by Craig3.2 and a number of other members that were based on the facts available, now that is true. At 65 years of age, you appear to be displaying signs of oncoming dementia, so let me take the opportunity to remind you what had been stated by another member.

Pbondar said, “If I can sort out my misfire then it’s no contest the yellow peril survives.. if not .. hasta la vista” – FACT

Pbondar didn’t offer his car far sale on the forum as one would expect; since questions and comments had previously been raised to which he had failed to answer. – FACT

Pbondar has advertised his E89 on Ebay having set the bar high for some unsuspecting buyer. Those of us on the forum who were privy to his previous posts and comments about the problems with his zed were surely entitled to dispute the claims made in the advert, especially when he had claimed that his E89 was “Probably the UK's most well equipped and capable Z4”. – FACT

Pbondar had requested the moderator’s delete his account after members highlighted his previous posts regarding the well known, unresolved issues and the sale of his zed. – FACT

Long time members will know that members that have deleted their accounts in the past, have been discussed and criticised openly on the forum after leaving. I am sure even if Pbondar hadn’t deleted his account, his car advert would have been the focus of in depth discussion on the forum, as he had made known the current problems with the car. In creating the Ebay car advert, Pbondar put the target on himself.

Members in the past who have placed adverts for overpriced zeds have been fair game and have been chastised accordingly, so Pbondar0 and his yellow lemon has been treated no differently in my opinion. :wink:

Mr Grumpy

The Pbondar thread

Post by Mr Grumpy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm It’s ironic that Craig3.2, a person with well-known and documented behavioural and personality issues should be questioning the ethical standards of someone who seems to have been reproach in his interactions with almost everyone on this forum.

These paragraphs aside, I agree with what you say. As a new member here I do not know you, craig3.2 or pBondar and was very surprised by the attacks on a lot of the members. Back to your paragraphs above and again mentioning that I don't know any of you, it does appear that while defending pBondar you (as others have done) are publicly condemning craig3.2 who you suggest may have behavioural and personality issues. If he does, your comments don't help and are ineffective in influencing a change in him. Perhaps contacting the Mods privately may have a better effect? If you have already done that, then that should have been mentioned in your post.
If anybody thinks I am defending Craig3.2, then you have not appreciated what I have said.
I don't care what you say, I won't agree with your view. :x

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 pm Ed.Straker, I concur sir. Well said.
However, as one of the main players in the 'inane babble' category, I am a little wounded. :wink:
Ah, I believe I can help you out there sir, my own inane, useless, though occasionally funny, drivel shall have your posts reek of erudition and intelligence.
No charge for this service, I supply it free to all forums I frequent. :P
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

AndyBeech

The Pbondar thread

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:41 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm
Stuff
Probably the most ironic post I've ever seen. Agreeing with Ori and then going on to do exactly what he disagrees with. If you've got that big of a personal issue with a member maybe take it up in PM with them or the mods but openly slaying someone like that in a post makes you as bad as the people your claiming to be criticising.

I'm not team Bondar or team Craig btw, don't know either of them. Funny thread for the most part though.
Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm
To be fair, it's an open forum if you can't take criticism or the odd disagreement then don't post? Some personalities are always going to clash no matter how helpful or a good person someone is. Is Pbondar some kind of messiah that's above any kind of negative comments?! (I don't check the E89 forum in honesty so maybe he is :lol: )
Last edited by AndyBeech on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Smartbear » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:45 pm

Mr Grumpy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:43 pm
Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm It’s ironic that Craig3.2, a person with well-known and documented behavioural and personality issues should be questioning the ethical standards of someone who seems to have been reproach in his interactions with almost everyone on this forum.

These paragraphs aside, I agree with what you say. As a new member here I do not know you, craig3.2 or pBondar and was very surprised by the attacks on a lot of the members. Back to your paragraphs above and again mentioning that I don't know any of you, it does appear that while defending pBondar you (as others have done) are publicly condemning craig3.2 who you suggest may have behavioural and personality issues. If he does, your comments don't help and are ineffective in influencing a change in him. Perhaps contacting the Mods privately may have a better effect? If you have already done that, then that should have been mentioned in your post.
If anybody thinks I am defending Craig3.2, then you have not appreciated what I have said.
Are you Craig3.2?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Pondrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:41 pm Ed.Straker wrote: ↑Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Stuff
Probably the most ironic post I've ever seen. Agreeing with Ori and then going on to do exactly what he disagrees with. If you've got that big of a personal issue with a member maybe take it up in PM with them or the mods but openly slaying someone like that in a post makes you as bad as the people your claiming to be criticising.

I'm not team Bondar or team Craig btw, don't know either of them. Funny thread for the most part though.
Totally agree. :thumbsup:
I was just about to say the same thing, not as eloquently, though.
I was going to use the word hypocrite.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 pm Ed.Straker, I concur sir. Well said.
Ah, I believe I can help you out there sir, my own inane, useless, though occasionally funny, drivel shall have your posts reek of erudition and intelligence.
No charge for this service, I supply it free to all forums I frequent. :P
Me too Scuba only mine aren’t funny either…. :(

What a shame this chap obvs doesn’t think a bit of silly fun or banter should be present….life is sooooooooo serious isn’t it….. :roll:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:21 pm

There is a thread like this on every forum, in fact Argyll Andy assures me that mumsnet can get very heated at times. :fuelfire:
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Mr Grumpy

The Pbondar thread

Post by Mr Grumpy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:22 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:45 pm Are you Craig3.2?
Rob
That made me laugh, Rob :D
I don't care what you say, I won't agree with your view. :x

ori

The Pbondar thread

Post by ori » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:22 pm

Jesus guys.
Seriously. You will drive people away.

Humour is always nice, but there are personal attacks going on which really are unnecessary.
We are going to lose good people here.

It’s not my place to defend Peter, but I do know he fixed the issue with the car. Not that it matters as that’s not even the point.
I’ve watched people just make this forum really unwelcoming.
Think I may call it a day here.