Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Pbondar thread

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:24 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:21 pm There is a thread like this on every forum, in fact Argyll Andy assures me that mumsnet can get very heated at times. :fuelfire:
No I won’t have that said about Andy….his tick is grannynet…. :P :evil:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

ori

The Pbondar thread

Post by ori » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 pm Ed.Straker, I concur sir. Well said.
However, as one of the main players in the 'inane babble' category, I am a little wounded. :wink:
Ah, I believe I can help you out there sir, my own inane, useless, though occasionally funny, drivel shall have your posts reek of erudition and intelligence.
No charge for this service, I supply it free to all forums I frequent. :P
Me too Scuba only mine aren’t funny either…. :(

What a shame this chap obvs doesn’t think a bit of silly fun or banter should be present….life is sooooooooo serious isn’t it….. :roll:
Banter is all good. Makes the forum fun. ;)

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Pondrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:22 pm Think I may call it a day here.
Ori-O don't do that :D
God I've been reading 'nuff's posts too much. :o
Last edited by Pondrew on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:24 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:21 pm There is a thread like this on every forum, in fact Argyll Andy assures me that mumsnet can get very heated at times. :fuelfire:
I didn't know he was into younger women, oh well, every days a school day.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by TitanTim » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 pm

Looking forward to your next thead starter Ron :lol:

:ilz4f:

Tim.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm

ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Ah, I believe I can help you out there sir, my own inane, useless, though occasionally funny, drivel shall have your posts reek of erudition and intelligence.
No charge for this service, I supply it free to all forums I frequent. :P
Me too Scuba only mine aren’t funny either…. :(

What a shame this chap obvs doesn’t think a bit of silly fun or banter should be present….life is sooooooooo serious isn’t it….. :roll:
It needs all it can get tbh Ori….it’s in short supply everywhere these days…. :(
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :evil:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

sars
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by sars » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm
ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm Me too Scuba only mine aren’t funny either…. :(

It needs all it can get tbh Ori….it’s in short supply everywhere these days…. :(
That’s why we’re here to sprinkle some fun, old man :D
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Havard

The Pbondar thread

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:12 pm

Oh well. What a sad state of affairs this thread is.!!

I don't come on often these days as I found it a bit cliquey and some of the point scoring was a little tiring 🙄 I was lucky enough to get some phone numbers and join a couple of WhatsApp groups behind the scenes and from there you can find out about runs and trips etc.

I don't think it matters who's side you you on, the fact that you are on a side makes it quite childish. I have met both Craig and Peter and don't have an issue with either and just took them at face value.

For what it is worth, I was given quite a bit of detail about the issue with the Peter's car and a lot of time and money has been spent getting to the bottom of it. I don't believe for one minute that he would want to pass the car on to anyone who would be unhappy with it. Who wants that call from some irate individual who knows where you live?

I had a similar issue myself when I wanted to sell the M and Mefi Ecosse (Rich) was interested. I took him for a spin and something wasn't right with the the way the car pulled to one side, especially under braking. The car had had the wheels and tyres off for a refurb and and only got it back the night before. Turned out to be an intermittent sticky caliper. Who'd have thought?

Whether he was interested or not, I wasn't willing to sell the car until I got to the bottom of the issue but I didn't remove the advert as I was thinking it could be something and nothing and sorted within a week or so.

I don't think anyone has anything to justify when selling a car if they are passing on what they believe is a straight car. A miss-fire at the top of the rev range does not constitute "lemon" in anyone's book.

With the above in mind. There is no way I would ever sell my car on here. Even though everything has been checked out etc, I can't be arsed justifying myself to a complete stranger who hasn't even made the effort to come to look at the car. I think that might just be where Peter is just now.

I think better moderation and some lessons in decency & respect are the order of the day. It's meant to be a car club where we all help each other either with the cars or with what life throws at you in general.

Put the swords away people and chill. Life is way to short to fall out over this s**t..!!
ImageImage

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:26 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm I would like to echo ori comments on this thread.

As ori said, here was a person who committed a huge amount of time and money to creating both what is a great car and in helping others out with detailed and helpful advice together with his many write ups on, and organising meets and travels.

The fact that trolls such as Craig3.2 and others have the temerity to trash him, his car and his contributions to this forum are utterly shameful.

With an easily observed public profile both here and elsewhere, quite why the trolls considered his actions subversive or unethical is clearly a level of paranoia or mischief in their minds.

It’s ironic that Craig3.2, a person with well-known and documented behavioural and personality issues should be questioning the ethical standards of someone who seems to have been reproach in his interactions with almost everyone on this forum.

Quite where the snide innuendo on driving ability came from, given that he ran into the back of a stationary car and whose own driving habits and style has been much discussed is beyond belief.

Craig3.2’s perpetual and unending habit of harassing people that for whatever reason have crossed him is well documented on this forum. Quite why he hasn’t been booted off this forum, as he has been elsewhere is one for the moderators.

I did suggest to Craig3.2 privately that he sought professional advice about his issues. Clearly he hasn’t done so.

There are too many people here on this forum just posting toxic or inane babble without contributing anything useful , educational or helpful to the greater benefit of the rest of the forum members.
Here we go again with the personal attacks and insults,Ed Straker.

As someone else pointed out, you're only on here about 8 months,was going to,then didn't buy a z4.

But you did choose to jump on the bandwagon with a few other idiots,who chose to attack me for me defending myself against false accusations that several other members,Inc mods etc stated Facts,that it was down to them,and Not Me,in regards to Threads being temporarily removed!!

You, however chose to give me dogs abuse,have personal attacks on me and my personal insanity according to you!

FACT....I wasn't responsible for getting the previous theads removed

FACT....
BY YOUR OWN PMS,to me,You told me that those other members ,(attacking me,and falsely blaming me for the thread removal),TOLD YOU TO GO AND SEARCH OUT OLD THREADS FROM CIRCA 2015/2016, Where I had had a Falling out on here with a couple of other members,one re a Meet that clashed with the National (weekend and location wise), and another to do with something that was later resolved, and myself and that Member have since met up,been on good terms again and went on a Drive together.
Despite that,And at the Request,of said Idiots with personal grudges or an axe to grind You went and did so, Enjoying a Glass of Wine while reading them
(Your words).

That to me is just Sad gits with an axe to Grind,which several other members have already pointed out,on this thread alone.

Based on what you read of some old Posts from a while ago,you made up your mind that I was suffering serious mental issues and called me all the names under the sun.
Fact
FACT....You have never met either Me,Or Pbondar,as it happens.
And have not been in his company many times over the past 4 years he has been on here,as myself and other long standing members have been.
And there are plenty of us who don't think he's such a nice guy
Often talking to people as if they are inferior to him!!
The man has often been pointed out on here by many others as A Know it all and a Narcissist.
BTE, OTHER PEOPLE'S HAVE SAID THIS,NOT ME , BEFORE YOU GO ATTACKING ME FOR THAT!

FACT....You are way more than just a Hypocrite, but one who is also clearly easily influenced by the requests of a few idiots with grudges.

And You have a cheek to have Several attacks at me for only commenting on Posts Peter himself had made.
I think I have kept Personal attacks to a minimum,if at all, regards Pbondar,As Pointed out by others,I have only commented on his Car/Issues/reason for sale,etc Or Quoted what Peter or Other folk have said.

So why don't you just go crawl back under your Rock,you Sad little man
And leave the Forum to those who have actually have owned or do Own a z4 (or will soon).
Last edited by craig3.2 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:37 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :evil:
john-e89, Scubaregs,

Right ya pair of fuckers, there’s nothing wrong with a granny, especially when she looks like this 😍
Attachments
67BD376A-CD83-438E-B4E6-30E194CEEA65.jpeg
67BD376A-CD83-438E-B4E6-30E194CEEA65.jpeg (148.85 KiB) Viewed 438 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ori

The Pbondar thread

Post by ori » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:09 pm

Havard wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:12 pm Oh well. What a sad state of affairs this thread is.!!

I don't come on often these days as I found it a bit cliquey and some of the point scoring was a little tiring 🙄 I was lucky enough to get some phone numbers and join a couple of WhatsApp groups behind the scenes and from there you can find out about runs and trips etc.

I don't think it matters who's side you you on, the fact that you are on a side makes it quite childish. I have met both Craig and Peter and don't have an issue with either and just took them at face value.

For what it is worth, I was given quite a bit of detail about the issue with the Peter's car and a lot of time and money has been spent getting to the bottom of it. I don't believe for one minute that he would want to pass the car on to anyone who would be unhappy with it. Who wants that call from some irate individual who knows where you live?

I had a similar issue myself when I wanted to sell the M and Mefi Ecosse (Rich) was interested. I took him for a spin and something wasn't right with the the way the car pulled to one side, especially under braking. The car had had the wheels and tyres off for a refurb and and only got it back the night before. Turned out to be an intermittent sticky caliper. Who'd have thought?

Whether he was interested or not, I wasn't willing to sell the car until I got to the bottom of the issue but I didn't remove the advert as I was thinking it could be something and nothing and sorted within a week or so.

I don't think anyone has anything to justify when selling a car if they are passing on what they believe is a straight car. A miss-fire at the top of the rev range does not constitute "lemon" in anyone's book.

With the above in mind. There is no way I would ever sell my car on here. Even though everything has been checked out etc, I can't be arsed justifying myself to a complete stranger who hasn't even made the effort to come to look at the car. I think that might just be where Peter is just now.

I think better moderation and some lessons in decency & respect are the order of the day. It's meant to be a car club where we all help each other either with the cars or with what life throws at you in general.

Put the swords away people and chill. Life is way to short to fall out over this s**t..!!
    Totally agree. I wouldn’t sell my car on here either. In fact I didn’t. Not when I had my 35is and not when I had my m40i. Didn’t need the comments telling me I’m asking too much or too little or the colour is wrong or the spec is wrong.

ori

The Pbondar thread

Post by ori » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm

john-e89, Scubaregs,

Right ya pair of fuckers, there’s nothing wrong with a granny, especially when she looks like this 😍
    [/quote]

She is stunning in blue. ;)

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm

sars wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm
    ori wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:28 pm Banter is all good. Makes the forum fun. ;)
    That’s why we’re here to sprinkle some fun, old man :D
    We’re exactly the same age yer senile tart….!! :evil:
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35is
    G29

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

The Pbondar thread

Post by ronk » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 pm

TitanTim wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 pm Looking forward to your next thead starter Ron :lol:

:ilz4f:

Tim.
    I am stunned by this - In my twelve years of membership I’ve seen nothing like it.
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: