Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Milwaukee impact wrench

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Rockhopper

Milwaukee impact wrench

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:34 pm

Is anyone up to speed with the various versions? I’m looking at a 3/8 compact Fuel impact wrench but I’m wondering if it’s worth paying the extra for the M18 over the M12?

Chippie

Milwaukee impact wrench

Post by Chippie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 pm

I use Milwaukee 18v tools at work and find them to be the best cordless tools I’ve ever used, although I’ve not tried the 12v range so can’t compare
What are you wanting it for, trade or diy, would you be getting two batteries or just one? And what’s the difference in cost?
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Rockhopper

Milwaukee impact wrench

Post by Rockhopper » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:56 am

Hi, no just DIY car tinkering. I don’t need two batteries. I cant recall exactly but the M18 kit is around £150 more than the M12.

Chippie

Milwaukee impact wrench

Post by Chippie » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:48 pm

£150 is quite a difference between the 12v and 18v, but as I’ve said the 18v are great tools, personally I’d go for the 18v as it will have plenty of torque and the battery will last longer between charging
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Trav

Milwaukee impact wrench

Post by Trav » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:29 pm

The Fuel range is really good. My son has a big range of the M18 and Fuel Milwaukee tools and they have been great. I have an 18V Ryobi impact gun which has been excellent so far too. Have a look at the other tools you may eventually fancy, as it is the batteries that run the cost up on some. For instance I also bought a Ryobi garden sprayer bare without a battery. Overall when you go for the 18v system and see how much duration and power you get it makes it worth the extra. But start on a brand that has other items you may want at a reasonable price as you will get hooked on it. I think I have about 5 or 6 Ryobi items now and 2 , 5a/h batteries. I am pleased with all of them as is my son with the Milwaukee stuff he uses day in day out for work.
Z4MR A.W.