Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jonny Smith talks to Tim Burton (Shmee150)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:21 pm

I don't watch a lot of Shmee's videos because although some of his content is interesting I find that his on camera character grates on me. However, this two part chat he did with Jonny Smith is very watchable and it's hard to not be impressed with Tim's work ethic and approach to business. I could listen to and watch Tim Burton for hours.

Shmee150 - the real life of a supercar YouTuber // The Late Brake Show
The (not so) private supercar garage tour of Shmee150
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Ming

Post by Ming » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm

I watched both vids as I subscribe to TLBS, and have followed Jonny Smith since his early Fifth Gear appearances.
Can't say I'm a fan of Schmee/Tim, as it's pretty much all about unobtainable supercars - to me at least.

Liked his previous Idol Chats with Chris Harris, Plato and Neal, as they have had an interest in older, crappier cars and have had a bit of a tougher start in their careers.

Anecdotes from them are a lot more relevant than Tim relaying how he ordered his latest £200k car and how he's going to modify it further.

I prefer Harry's Garage style of car collecting, as it's a bit more diverse and relatable.

Fair play to JS for bringing this to his channel. Very divisive subject, so it seems....
I do like to go topless......
....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving:

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:19 pm

I like Tim as well and watched many of his videos, but I can see how he might 'grate' with some. I subscribe to The Late Brake Show and have always enjoyed Jonny's presentation and 'real world' look at cars. Good videos. :thumbsup:
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Tim being Tim seemed a lot more authentic to me than Tim being Shmee, which I guess is the point. He's found a formula that brings in views and supports his desire to collect the cars he does. He's clearly highly intelligent, though, and I'd be really interested in hearing him talk a lot more about what goes on behind the scenes to make what he does possible.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport