Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Watch with Caution

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mgrlane

Watch with Caution

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm

You just can't behave like that in built up area's where kids could be playing.

WHEN (not if) they crash I do hope is a single vehicle accident with no innocent people involved.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Watch with Caution

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm

A simple deterrent to this sort of behaviour is when caught, driver and any passengers should be made to watch the car being crushed.

From their original seats in the car.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

mgrlane

Watch with Caution

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:21 pm

M1k3yC wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:15 pm At least part of it is east of Leeds, north of Castleford. I was curious so I tracked it down via road signs.
Finishes up in North Leeds, he heads up out of Cross Gates, past Seacross down the A6120 towards Moor Allerton. All of which are 30-40 mph (apart from the duel carriage way).

mgrlane

Watch with Caution

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:32 pm

It get's even worse.

The next video is a silver AMG (like mine) driving down Thorpe Arch industrial estate where my Gym is (it's a 30 mph estate) at at least 100mph. Kids playground right next to that road.

I have been wondering where those skid marks down that road have come from in the last 3 months...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWCYh9 ... rtiDrivers

M1k3yC

Watch with Caution

Post by M1k3yC » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:15 pm

mgrlane, I think it's a real issue for (mostly - nobody's perfect) responsible owners if a vehicle of the same make and model you own gets driven in an antisocial and/or dangerous way. If it's local, people might mistake it for your own car and react negatively to you. I once had someone yell at me for doing something I had no clue about (because I didn't do it) when I owned a 2007 Fiesta ST. I'm also fairly confident that the compulsory excess on my M135i went up sharply because of its rise in notoriety and, I'm assuming, being crashed, stolen, and modified.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

mgrlane

Watch with Caution

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:32 pm

M1k3yC wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:15 pm mgrlane, I think it's a real issue for (mostly - nobody's perfect) responsible owners if a vehicle of the same make and model you own gets driven in an antisocial and/or dangerous way. If it's local, people might mistake it for your own car and react negatively to you. I once had someone yell at me for doing something I had no clue about (because I didn't do it) when I owned a 2007 Fiesta ST. I'm also fairly confident that the compulsory excess on my M135i went up sharply because of its rise in notoriety and, I'm assuming, being crashed, stolen, and modified.
Mine is the facelift but still same make, model and colour but annoying none the less. Plus side in the video he says it's not his "ends" and he doesn't know the roads to well so hopefully it was a one off.

There was a car meet on that industrial estate at the end of April and the video was posted in May so I am hoping that they thought it would be a good place to come back and do a burn out and never come back again.

The people look like they are from South Leeds from the other video's so hopefully they won't be back up my "ends" soon.

That is funny about your ST Experience!!! I guess that's one thing that isn't going to happen to much in an e86! :rofl: