Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

British Grand Prix

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gov

British Grand Prix

Post by gov » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Three words " Come on Lewis " :D :D :D

I don't give a fcuk about the way he dresses or how he behaves in his private life or how he promotes " Black Lives Matter " - at the end of the day he is British and a phenomenal driver - come on my son !!!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:02 pm

gov wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:58 pm Three words " Come on Lewis " :D :D :D

I don't give a fcuk about the way he dresses or how he behaves in his private life or how he promotes " Black Lives Matter " - at the end of the day he is British and a phenomenal driver - come on my son !!!
Yup, me too, support him for what he does on the track. Let's face it, all these poncy footballers do whatever they like but if they can run around the opposition and stick the ball in the net, who cares.

However, I spent 8 hours at Snetterton yesterday for £14 and I can guarantee you I saw more incidents, more variety and infinitely more overtaking than anyone at Silverstone will today, for a very small fraction of the price.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

maxman

British Grand Prix

Post by maxman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Max is the man,he has now got into Lewis Hamilton,s head. :driving:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Oooh, this is interesting.
At last LH has decided not to play safe. MV has taken risks previously and LH has given way.
Now he's so far behind on points he may as well fight properly.
Pick a wall Max, you're leaving!
Whatever the reason, it means from now on MV has to consider he can't just bully LH out of the way.

EDIT: And I make that 3 minutes before Mr Bleating Horner got his political radio message across, knowing full well it would be broadcast.
I do wish him and Wolff would Shut TF up and let them race properly.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

maxman

British Grand Prix

Post by maxman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:49 pm

Lewis looks to have a career in banger racing :lol:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:53 pm

maxman wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:49 pm Lewis looks to have a career in banger racing :lol:
Better than Max, as one of the prerequisites of banger racing is to be able to keep it on the circuit.

Whatever the decisions on track, it grips my s**t that the team principals think it ok to make it all political.
Old 'Helmet' Mark-0 seems to think it's worthy of a race ban.
That whirring sound you can hear is the likes of Chapman, Moss, Brabham, Surtees and Senna all spinning in their graves

gov

British Grand Prix

Post by gov » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Well done mate :D :D :D :D

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by john-e89 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Desperation and a driver is in hospital….well done indeed. :roll:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by john-e89 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:28 pm

Didn't deserve a race ban but a stupid error nonetheless out of desperation. He knew if he wasn’t 1st by end of lap 1 then it’s 2nd place. Agree the team principles need to butt out and let the stewards do their job.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by GuidoK » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:52 pm

I have some serious doubts about Lewis' driving style. I think the pressure to win at home turf is too high for him so that he starts to take risks that shouldn't be taken.

I mean he bangs Max off the track, gets a penalty for that, but when he overtakes Leclerc, he does it at exactly the same spot in the same way.
And Leclerc then also almost looses it as he gets forced on the curbs. If Leclerc had lost it, that could have been the same crash as Max. Or worse.... :?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

AndyBeech

British Grand Prix

Post by AndyBeech » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm

GuidoK wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:52 pm I have some serious doubts about Lewis' driving style. I think the pressure to win at home turf is too high for him so that he starts to take risks that shouldn't be taken.

I mean he bangs Max off the track, gets a penalty for that, but when he overtakes Leclerc, he does it at exactly the same spot in the same way.
And Leclerc then also almost looses it as he gets forced on the curbs. If Leclerc had lost it, that could have been the same crash as Max. Or worse.... :?
Not sure why so much defence of Max, one of the most aggressive drivers on the track over the years by a long shot. Maybe Lewis was just making a bit of statement by not backing out? With Jensen on this one, both could have done more to avoid it and the penalty was probably just about fair if not edging more towards a racing incident.

Leclerc didn't really get forced on to the kerbs, Lewis gave him plenty of space making the apex which he was entitled to, Charles drifted out wide to the kerbs on his own was how I saw it.

It's great for the racing I think, if there's no aggression it's pretty boring which is how most people see the sport, can't really win.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

BeeEmm

British Grand Prix

Post by BeeEmm » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:35 pm

A 10 second penalty for a team like Mercedes cannot be compared to the same penalty for Haas, Williams or any other of the 'also rans'. If someone is 'guilty' of causing a collision then surely the only fair penalty would be a position drop from where they finish the race, one, three, five or whatever. Mercedes have proved earlier and again today that they can easily make up 10 seconds. Incidentally, I believe that the collision with Max and Lewis was a racing incident and I am sure we will have more as the season continues. The best racing drivers have always played 'chicken' and in some cases deliberately cause collisions. Let's have more!
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

British Grand Prix

Post by john-e89 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:14 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm
GuidoK wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:52 pm I have some serious doubts about Lewis' driving style. I think the pressure to win at home turf is too high for him so that he starts to take risks that shouldn't be taken.

Not sure why so much defence of Max, one of the most aggressive drivers on the track over the years by a long shot. Maybe Lewis was just making a bit of statement by not backing out? With Jensen on this one, both could have done more to avoid it and the penalty was probably just about fair if not edging more towards a racing incident.

Leclerc didn't really get forced on to the kerbs, Lewis gave him plenty of space making the apex which he was entitled to, Charles drifted out wide to the kerbs on his own was how I saw it.

It's great for the racing I think, if there's no aggression it's pretty boring which is how most people see the sport, can't really win.
I think it’s more of where the incident was as much as anything Andy, Copse is one of the fastest corners in the F1 calendar and as Horner said not the place to take such a risk. Personally I’m all for shoulders out hard racing but this was a stupid place to take that risk, Hammy knew where Max was and desperation made him not lift, of course only imho and I’m not a racing driver sadly…. :lol:

Stewards made the right decision I think.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Jollyjoiner

British Grand Prix

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:26 pm

I'm all for racing hard and have no issues with the incident. My only disappointment with it all was that while on air in any of the interviews neither Totto or Lewis said they hoped max was ok. That in my eyes is bad sportsmanship and showed not regards to a fellow driver.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

AndyBeech

British Grand Prix

Post by AndyBeech » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:35 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:14 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm

I think it’s more of where the incident was as much as anything Andy, Copse is one of the fastest corners in the F1 calendar and as Horner said not the place to take such a risk. Personally I’m all for shoulders out hard racing but this was a stupid place to take that risk, Hammy knew where Max was and desperation made him not lift, of course only imho and I’m not a racing driver sadly…. :lol:

Stewards made the right decision I think.
I don't really listen much to Horner to be honest, find the guy pretty annoying most of the time! :lol: It's a fast corner yes, been round it many times myself (not in an F1 car obviously or even racing for that matter!), but to say you can't overtake there or risk it there...he's the only one saying that. Plenty of overtakes have happened there over the years in similar situations without incident including one later in the race. It takes two at the end of the day and the stakes were high so it wasn't a massive surprise.

Like I said earlier, for me they both could have done more to avoid it. Max could easily have backed out to live for another day as well and go on the attack later, pretty sure he had the faster car over the race distance. Max was also pretty aggressive with his moves towards Hamilton down the Wellington Straight as well before that incident happened which were a bit OTT.

I think the amount of division over the subject shows how close it was to call, so for me in the end it was the correct penalty and overall the correct result.

(I'm not a particular fan of either Lewis or Max btw) :wink:
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!