Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DVLA

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jabber
Lifer
Lifer

DVLA

Post by jabber » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Selling the Z4 so wanted to retain my personal number plate tried to do it online but unable as it stated more checks were needed. Tried phoning but they weren’t taking any calls due to industrial action and couldn’t get through on chat so ended having to send in v5 and form etc website stated 2 weeks, but nothing has happened so I eventually got through on chat today and was told it is currently taking 10 weeks! What a pita
Z less again
14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Zulu4

DVLA

Post by Zulu4 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 pm

They have to be my least favourite government body.
We are constantly badgered about data protection whenever we phone any company, yet the DVLA feels it is OK to sell all our private details to the latest pikey parking outfit that decides to set up in town.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

BeeEmm

DVLA

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:34 pm

I have always found them fast and efficient. I have retained or transferred various registration numbers over the years, all online without problems. Licence renewal, licence checking, road tax renewal etc etc all online without a problem. Renewing LGV and PCV licences required a medical and forms sent by post, but all was done fairly quickly. You must have been unlucky. What were the 'more checks needed'? Industrial action wouldn't help though.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

BeeEmm

DVLA

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Zulu4 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 pm We are constantly badgered about data protection
This is interesting:
Attachments
DVLA.jpg
DVLA.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 216 times
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

DVLA

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:52 pm

I have also found them good to deal with, tried to put my plate on the new car online and had an issue, took me to a live chat and then found out I had to wait 5 days after registration to do it online (something to do with being taxed in advance by dealer)

The only time I’ve had a problem like yours is when the car has been untaxed/SORN’d within the last 5 years and they say this needs to be done with a paper application for some reason.

The timescale is an unfortunate side effect of Covid

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

jabber
    Lifer
    Lifer

DVLA

Post by jabber » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:12 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:34 pm I have always found them fast and efficient. I have retained or transferred various registration numbers over the years, all online without problems. Licence renewal, licence checking, road tax renewal etc etc all online without a problem. Renewing LGV and PCV licences required a medical and forms sent by post, but all was done fairly quickly. You must have been unlucky. What were the 'more checks needed'? Industrial action wouldn't help though.
    Unfortunately there is no way of knowing I put it on with no problems the car is taxed and has a current mot and is insured.
    Z less again
    14 E89 Z4 2.0 msport grey gone now
    10 E89 Z4 3.0 Black auto now. Very sadly gone
    Gone 04 E85 z4 3.0 Maldives blue smg

Pbondar

DVLA

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Now over 10 weeks trying to get a Japanese import registered...if its automated it can still happen quickly, if it requires manual intervention then..current waiting times listd here..

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-corona ... -19-update