Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stuck in the mud & a speeding warning..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:56 pm

jamesditchy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 am
john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:12 pm
jamesditchy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 am Looks a lovely boat. Had a couple over the years, 1st one had a dubious name and always said we would change it but never got around to it. They say it's bad luck to change a boats name in nautical circles.
What HP was the engine James…? 75 ish..? Must have gone well. :thumbsup:
Was a 90 hp Mariner. It was a race Marsha 162 race hull with bucket front seats and foot throttle. It was a fast little sod
I bet it was with a 90 and that weight…! Prob as quick if not more than mine with a modest for the boat size 250 V6, 38knots full throttle but 25knots is a very nice cruise and plenty fast enough to be on the plane.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 pm

sars wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:27 am
john-e89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:44 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm Enjoy living the dream. :thumbsup:
40yr long dream realised by driving my own boat out of Padstow Mr Tidy….it’s a basic boat but I love it..! :thumbsup:
Life is a journey to be lived, fulfilment of dreams and sharing them with the ones you love is the best part of the journey. Love the name of the boat, it’s so you, it may just be my imagination, but I see you as a cross between Terry Thomas and Leslie Phillips :D
I’ll take that Sars… :lol: I do pull friends legs a lot I’ll admit, but it’s never seedy and only with those I know I can get away with it with. :)

The relationship I have with my son is one I wouldn’t be without, it’s the one thing I’ve got right in life thankfully, we couldn’t be any closer, he works hard at school and plays hard when it’s fun time, proud isn’t a good enough word…! :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:37 pm

jamesditchy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 am Looks a lovely boat. Had a couple over the years, 1st one had a dubious name and always said we would change it but never got around to it. They say it's bad luck to change a boats name in nautical circles.
Lol,what was the full name , can't make it out . Cocaine what?
Smart looking boats,Jay and John.
Had a couple of Fletcher speedboats back in the day,loved them to bits
A very enjoyable way to spend either an hour or two,or full days,going somewhere in lovely weather.
Hopefully enjoy that again in year's to come,with my son.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:58 am

craig3.2 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:37 pm

A very enjoyable way to spend either an hour or two,or full days,going somewhere in lovely weather.
It was Cocaine Charlie. Mrs thought I was buying a canoe an I turned up with that a couple of days before Christmas haha. Best 2 grand I ever spent. Had her 4 years and sold her for £1900 and kept all the skis and water toys that came with it.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:15 am

jamesditchy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:58 am
craig3.2 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:37 pm

It was Cocaine Charlie. Mrs thought I was buying a canoe an I turned up with that a couple of days before Christmas haha. Best 2 grand I ever spent. Had her 4 years and sold her for £1900 and kept all the skis and water toys that came with it.
That was quite cheap,ex drug runners boat,lol.

I did the same with my first Fletcher speedboat,only lost around £400 on it,and kept skis etc like yourself. Had the first one for around 6 years too.

You would have got some interesting looks with that name on the boat, haha
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)