Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:07 pm I have a very good friend whose on the bench about covid vaccine and has told me from day one. He also is quite happy not to come in if we don’t want him to, but at least he’s told us. All our other friends have had both jabs, we know because they tell us. I don’t think it’s too difficult to do that out of respect.
Do you let your friend in your house that hasn't had a jab?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:07 pm I have a very good friend whose on the bench about covid vaccine and has told me from day one. He also is quite happy not to come in if we don’t want him to, but at least he’s told us. All our other friends have had both jabs, we know because they tell us. I don’t think it’s too difficult to do that out of respect.
Do you let your friend in your house that hasn't had a jab?
Yes as we both live in the same rural village with no cases, he’s also building his own house and doesn’t go anywhere, he hates towns.

Why don’t you think it’s right that you tell your friends about your non vaccine..?
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:36 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 pm Why don’t you think it’s right that you tell your friends about your non vaccine..?
If a friend asks me then I am not going to not tell them but I do think it's non of my business your (or their) vaccination status.

Lets face it- everyone is spreading it and it's very marginal the efficiency of the "jab" in preventing people passing it on. I would be more concerned of my "city rat" friends who live in apartment blocks and shared offices coming over that were double vaccinated than another hermit like me who is unvaccinated and works from home.

I am interested to see where it stops in terms of your right to know someones medical history- I did ask you if felt like you needed to know if your mates had a flu jab? Kills alot of people each year so knowing that they have had one might help protect you?

I am not trying to pick at you, it's really interesting hearing other views on the subject.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:44 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:36 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 pm Why don’t you think it’s right that you tell your friends about your non vaccine..?
If a friend asks me then I am not going to not tell them but I do think it's non of my business your (or their) vaccination status.

Lets face it- everyone is spreading it and it's very marginal the efficiency of the "jab" in preventing people passing it on. I would be more concerned of my "city rat" friends who live in apartment blocks and shared offices coming over that were double vaccinated than another hermit like me who is unvaccinated and works from home.

I am interested to see where it stops in terms of your right to know someones medical history- I did ask you if felt like you needed to know if your mates had a flu jab? Kills alot of people each year so knowing that they have had one might help protect you?

I am not trying to pick at you, it's really interesting hearing other views on the subject.
No picking even thought of.

There’s a huge difference in knowing people's medical history which of course is private unless related through choice. Kidney failure, or liver damage for eg, doesn’t have any transmission, so who needs to know..? I don’t have to go into the differences between flu and Covid with you so no need. My own view is if you’re going to someone’s house then I think it’s only fair to tell them whether you’re/ me/whoever is vaccinated or not, it’s simply a respect thing as this virus is having catastrophic effects as you know. Just my view.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:44 pm My own view is if you’re going to someone’s house then I think it’s only fair to tell them whether you’re/ me/whoever is vaccinated or not, it’s simply a respect thing as this virus is having catastrophic effects as you know. Just my view.
I could possibly see a case for saying if you have had covid or not (there are very few re-infections after you have built natural immunity) but personally I don't see the jabbers as any less risk marginally than the un-jabbers.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:56 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:44 pm My own view is if you’re going to someone’s house then I think it’s only fair to tell them whether you’re/ me/whoever is vaccinated or not, it’s simply a respect thing as this virus is having catastrophic effects as you know. Just my view.
I could possibly see a case for saying if you have had covid or not (there are very few re-infections after you have built natural immunity) but personally I don't see the jabbers as any less risk marginally than the un-jabbers.
I don’t know the current levels of jabbers transmitting to un- jabbers tbh, only that it’s less but put that to one side. Surely it’s up to the house owners to choose wether they let you in or not…? Not telling them doesn’t give them a choice in their own home.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:31 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:56 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm
I don’t know the current levels of jabbers transmitting to un- jabbers tbh, only that it’s less but put that to one side. Surely it’s up to the house owners to choose wether they let you in or not…? Not telling them doesn’t give them a choice in their own home.
If there are workmen coming to your house do you ask them if they have been vaccinated?
Would you turn them away if they hadnt, or would it depend on whether the job you needed done was desperate or not?
Can you believe a stranger to tell the truth whether they have had the jabs or not if it potentially stops them doing the job and losing money ?
Where would somebody draw the line?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:41 pm

I don’t have workmen in the house I do it all myself.

I think now covid is here to stay if a workman hasn’t had the jab with a cert then he can’t be surprised if he gets turned away, that’s just how life is going to be.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm

As I said, if I am vaccinated I don’t mind being around unvaccinated people, that’s not the problem. If I had a vulnerable person in the house then yes I would demand to know (or refuse entry if they don’t want to divulge).

Sorry, but I don’t think the amount of people with side effects is anywhere near the amount of people with covid and long covid, and all the people not attending appointments and operations because of how covid is affecting the NHS.

There seems to be an echo chamber of social media at the moment and those banging on about side effects are only looking at the data they want to.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:51 pm

I don’t mind either, my point was some will and I think it’s only fair to let them know or not If you’re going in their house, especially friends.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 pm

I wonder if unvacinated peeps who have issue declaring their vacinated status is because they feel ever so slightly embarrassed or a pang of guilt.

Tim.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 pm

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 pm I wonder if unvacinated peeps who have issue declaring their vacinated status is because they feel ever so slightly embarrassed or a pang of guilt.

Tim.
Doubt it somehow…
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 pm

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 pm I wonder if unvacinated peeps who have issue declaring their vacinated status is because they feel ever so slightly embarrassed or a pang of guilt.

Tim.
Genuine question.

What is there to feel guilty about?

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 pm

Tim.
Genuine question.

In my opinion, potentially taking up needed ICU beds with unnecessary covid.

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm

sp3ctre wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 pm

Tim.
Genuine question.

In my opinion, potentially taking up needed ICU beds with unnecessary covid.
Na.

I can't remember the last hospital appointment I had or the last time I went to the doctor's.
Last edited by mgrlane on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.