Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 pm
Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm I know of two fitness instructors who got covid… one of them very nearly ended up in ICU… thankfully not, but it was close. If a load of unvaccinated people get sick and end up in the ICU then we will be right back in lockdown, which is no fun for anyone and a massive issue for the economy.
Un jabbed or jabbed I pose less of a risk of hospitalisation than alot of you old chaps on here.

If you cared about the economy etc perhaps you should impose a lockdown on the over 60's as that's where all the deaths and most of the hospitalisations are from?

Oh wait, that's not fair (a little bit like enforcing an untested therapy treatment on the young).
If you have the jab you pose less of a risk of hospitalisation than you do at the moment, most of us have done our bit by getting vaccinated.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Mgrlane, Hitler wasn’t fair on the young or anybody else but they still had to deal with him, and a bloody good job too wouldn’t you say..?

Damn it’s so easy to let others take the brunt and ignore the greater good.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 pm If you have the jab you pose less of a risk of hospitalisation than you do at the moment, most of us have done our bit by getting vaccinated.
Rob
Me and mgrlane already pose less of a risk than probably the majority of the people commenting here including the double jabbed :roll:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm
Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 pm If you have the jab you pose less of a risk of hospitalisation than you do at the moment, most of us have done our bit by getting vaccinated.
Rob
Me and mgrlane already pose less of a risk than probably the majority of the people commenting here including the double jabbed :roll:
Are you both living like hermits without any external contact?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:53 pm

Rob
Care to show us the survey of that and it’s results…?
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Rob
How do you work that one out?

Covid fairies?

Tim.

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:59 pm

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 pm
Rob

Covid fairies?

Tim.
I am sure you guys can use Google but for your own ease it was in the 1st article that came up:

After getting the jabs, the chances of the same illustrative 90-year-old catching and dying the disease are reduced to around 0.14%.

"It's a very big reduction, but that jabbed 90-year-old nonetheless faces a roughly similar risk profile as an unjabbed 60-year-old (0.12%). Same thing for an 80-year-old, whose jabbed risk profile is close to that of an unjabbed 50-year-old. And so on."

https://news-sky-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... d-12365728

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:04 pm

I suspect that FF and mgrlane are fellas with too much spare
time on their hands who both enjoy winding up folk?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:59 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 pm Me and mgrlane already pose less of a risk than probably the majority of the people commenting here including the double jabbed :roll:

Covid fairies?

Tim.
I am sure you guys can use Google but for your own ease it was in the 1st article that came up:

After getting the jabs, the chances of the same illustrative 90-year-old catching and dying the disease are reduced to around 0.14%.

"It's a very big reduction, but that jabbed 90-year-old nonetheless faces a roughly similar risk profile as an unjabbed 60-year-old (0.12%). Same thing for an 80-year-old, whose jabbed risk profile is close to that of an unjabbed 50-year-old. And so on."

I thought you were against MSM…?? :?
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Covid fairies?

Tim.

Instead of concentrating on 90 year olds why don’t you just admit the jab would reduce your own chances of falling seriously ill & being admitted to hospital? You don’t seem able to admit these simple facts.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:14 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm
TitanTim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:54 pm How do you work that one out?

Covid fairies?

Tim.

Instead of concentrating on 90 year olds why don’t you just admit the jab would reduce your own chances of falling seriously ill & being admitted to hospital? You don’t seem able to admit these simple facts.
Rob
Did you get questioned in Flyings survey he must have conducted Rob…? I didn’t …. :?
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm Instead of concentrating on 90 year olds why don’t you just admit the jab would reduce your own chances of falling seriously ill & being admitted to hospital? You don’t seem able to admit these simple facts.
Rob
It's not concentrating on 90 year olds. If you read the last paragraph it gives you a formula.

For your ease a 60 year old double jabber has the same risk profile as an unjabbed 30 year old and by default a 50 year old and a 20 year old.

I agree 100% with what you say. I will have less of a chance of being hospitalised or dieing but I have a very low risk profile as it is so a small percentage change on not very likely is still... You guessed it.

When the results are in from from the trials in 2023 I will consider it. As for now the risk profile of the jab doesn't fit my risk tolerance. It's clear that all you double jabbers are getting it anyway, so by default I am sure I will eventually catch it also.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Yep, I'm very much bored of the cyclical nature of this argument, broke my own rule, don't waste time trying to rationalise with a zealot.
At every single turn bad faith arguments and pathetic jibes have been thrown at genuine attempts to provide actual real world facts and statistics, which in itself has been almost entirely following from only one side of the argument.

"The vaccine is the answer! Its the holy grail, the only thing that will save us all!!!"
88% vaccination rate yet cases were spiking again... "time for a lockdown! Its the only way to stop the spread! Lockdowns will save us all!!!"

Roll on the British 1st vaccine Reich, no freedom till we eradicate not only death, but the chance of death. :thumbsup:

"so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 pm Yep, I'm very much bored of the cyclical nature of this argument, broke my own rule, don't waste time trying to rationalise with a zealot.
At every single turn bad faith arguments and pathetic jibes have been thrown at genuine attempts to provide actual real world facts and statistics, which in itself has been almost entirely following from only one side of the argument.

"The vaccine is the answer! Its the holy grail, the only thing that will save us all!!!"
88% vaccination rate yet cases were spiking again... "time for a lockdown! Its the only way to stop the spread! Lockdowns will save us all!!!"

Roll on the British 1st vaccine Reich, no freedom till we eradicate not only death, but the chance of death. :thumbsup:

"so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"
Could say the same about you, really? The stats are pretty overwhelming that the vaccine is working… side effects are minimal (same as most vaccines), and have saved thousands of lives.

You say we are spiking again… cases, yes, but deaths not so much. Without the vaccines it’d be far worse. I have lived all over the world and seen first hand the effects of not having vaccines… keep believing you are invincible, I just hope you don’t end up a stat stressing the nhs.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:22 am

I've never said the vaccine doesnt work, quite the opposite in fact :headbang:

My only argument has been that I and everyone else should be allowed to make their own personal choice without interference from the state or high horse judgements from the vaccine zealots. I have argued against people claiming that the vaccine is absolutely without a doubt 100% completely guaranteed safe and the only way to beat the virus because what they are spreading is utter fiction.

It stated off as what I thought was ignorance of the facts and an over reliance on the MSM but that has diminished now to either a clear and wilful refusal to accept demonstrable facts or complete moronicism.