Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm

FF
You should have warned about the bad swearing at the outset of the video clip - it doesn’t bother me but I had my two granddaughters with me in the room when I opened it :x
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:21 pm

I dont do trigger warnings :idunno:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Well you should

I’m asking you politely to put a retrospective warning on your post that contains offensive spoken language.

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:25 pm

I think you two need to hug it out.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:45 pm

His post was overheard by my two granddaughters
4 and 6 years old

Not acceptable in any shape or form.

Doesn’t bother me but a simple NSFW is a forum requirement

A simple request to put a warning to save others .

I’ve had some serious explanations to the girls I can tell you.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:20 pm

I mean personally I wouldn't have played any video in those circumstances never mind one from a public forum but that's me :idunno:

NSFW rules/guidelines dont apply in this case from reading them.

Besides the man is Australian, like the Scots they are basically incapable of speaking without swearing :rofl:

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:23 pm

I was just about to add something but it seems its been done for me... top tier service from the mods :thumbsup:

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:27 am

mgrlane wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:10 pm Wonder if the BBC will ever tell these chaps that even when vaccinated they can still catch and pass it on.

Probably a couple of weeks before there are more double vax'd cases of covid than there are vax free.
I was wrong. I said a couple of weeks and it was less than one.
Attachments
20210718_082309.jpg
20210718_082309.jpg (71.16 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am

So? That’s just because there’s a lot less of you, if you catch it you’re much more likely to become seriously ill than a vaccinated person though.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 am

Smartbear wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am If you catch it you’re much more likely to become seriously ill than a vaccinated person though.
I don't think the young and healthy are "much more likely to become seriously ill" when they aren't very likely to become ill in the 1st place.

But if you have any links, studies or anything to the prove that theory, then I am all eyes and ears.

Agree with what you say there with regards the the over 70's and the immune compromised. Spot on.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:45 am

mgrlane wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:27 am
mgrlane wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:10 pm Wonder if the BBC will ever tell these chaps that even when vaccinated they can still catch and pass it on.

Probably a couple of weeks before there are more double vax'd cases of covid than there are vax free.
I was wrong. I said a couple of weeks and it was less than one.
You can make figures and graphs say exactly what you want though.

For example, my assumption (Note! Assumption!) would be that as there are many more people vaccinated than not now, and given that we were always told that vaccination would not stop it, merely reduce its impact, then it seems pretty obvious that you would reach a point where more vaccinated than unvaccinated people will test positive.
Let's face it, the best possible outcome would be if every single person in the country caught it asap, but with only minor effects.
Just like the common cold has done for generations.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:59 am

enuf z wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm Let's face it, the best possible outcome would be if every single person in the country caught it asap
I agree. I think it would be much better to get it now rather than winter flu season.

With regards to figures I agree but it's hard to fiddle them when it's two binary questions. Have you had a "vaccine" and are you infected.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am

Smartbear wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am So? That’s just because there’s a lot less of you, if you catch it you’re much more likely to become seriously ill than a vaccinated person though.
Rob
Completely agree Rob and why I've never being able to get my head around those who deny the vaccine because they think they will be ok and fine if they unfortunately catch it, something you simply can't predict. Whilst being in a younger age bracket seems to help its no guarantee you won't become seriously ill or suffer from long covid. Its like playing russian roulette which ones health, still its their health, just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.

If I was an unvaccinated person at this moment it time considering all restrictions being lifted tomorrow I would be quite worried and in many ways you're going to stay in a a kind of twilight world or just risk it and hope for the best. I certainly don't think your average Joe in the street will continue with the masking, social distancing, cleanliness etc after tomorrow, all that will simply go out the window next week.

Will be interesting to see what pans out over the next 2 months with positive cases shooting up and hospitilisations slowly creeping up albeight slowly.

Tim.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:30 am

mgrlane wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:59 am
enuf z wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm Let's face it, the best possible outcome would be if every single person in the country caught it asap
I agree. I think it would be much better to get it now rather than winter flu season.

With regards to figures I agree but it's hard to fiddle them when it's two binary questions. Have you had a "vaccine" and are you infected.
Not saying it is fiddled, just pointing out that, as time goes on the answers to both will increase positively, meaning that that the orange line on the graph will continue to move away rom the blue one. Tbh it's a logical outcome that didn't really need the expense of a survey.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:53 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.
How? What will the "knock on affect" be?