Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:53 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.
How? What will the "knock on affect" be?
Simple, by everyone accepting the vaccine, it won't stop it spreading but those that catch it will most likely have far less symptoms resulting in hospilisation and death. The knock on affect is the unvaccinated.

Tim.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:22 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:12 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:53 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.
How? What will the "knock on affect" be?
Simple, by everyone accepting the vaccine, it won't stop it spreading but those that catch it will most likely have far less symptoms resulting in hospilisation and death. The knock on affect is the unvaccinated.

Tim.
But an unvaccinated 20 something has a better chance of survival than a double jabbed 80 something.....
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:22 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:12 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:53 pm How? What will the "knock on affect" be?

Tim.
But an unvaccinated 20 something has a better chance of survival than a double jabbed 80 something.....
True to a point but that is simply not a guarantee, I guess we will find out.

Tim.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:17 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:59 am
enuf z wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm Let's face it, the best possible outcome would be if every single person in the country caught it asap
I agree. I think it would be much better to get it now rather than winter flu season.

With regards to figures I agree but it's hard to fiddle them when it's two binary questions. Have you had a "vaccine" and are you infected.
I’d like to see the same graph but with the orange line displaying data for fully vaccinated people instead of just one jab.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:37 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am
Smartbear wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am So? That’s just because there’s a lot less of you, if you catch it you’re much more likely to become seriously ill than a vaccinated person though.
Rob
Completely agree Rob and why I've never being able to get my head around those who deny the vaccine because they think they will be ok and fine if they unfortunately catch it, something you simply can't predict. Whilst being in a younger age bracket seems to help its no guarantee you won't become seriously ill or suffer from long covid. Its like playing russian roulette which ones health, still its their health, just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.

If I was an unvaccinated person at this moment it time considering all restrictions being lifted tomorrow I would be quite worried and in many ways you're going to stay in a a kind of twilight world or just risk it and hope for the best. I certainly don't think your average Joe in the street will continue with the masking, social distancing, cleanliness etc after tomorrow, all that will simply go out the window next week.

Will be interesting to see what pans out over the next 2 months with positive cases shooting up and hospitilisations slowly creeping up albeight slowly.

Tim.
This is a serious question, the long covid that you mention, can you only get this if you are unvaccinated or can you also get this if you are vaccinated?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:37 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am
Smartbear wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am So? That’s just because there’s a lot less of you, if you catch it you’re much more likely to become seriously ill than a vaccinated person though.
Rob
Completely agree Rob and why I've never being able to get my head around those who deny the vaccine because they think they will be ok and fine if they unfortunately catch it, something you simply can't predict. Whilst being in a younger age bracket seems to help its no guarantee you won't become seriously ill or suffer from long covid. Its like playing russian roulette which ones health, still its their health, just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.

If I was an unvaccinated person at this moment it time considering all restrictions being lifted tomorrow I would be quite worried and in many ways you're going to stay in a a kind of twilight world or just risk it and hope for the best. I certainly don't think your average Joe in the street will continue with the masking, social distancing, cleanliness etc after tomorrow, all that will simply go out the window next week.

Will be interesting to see what pans out over the next 2 months with positive cases shooting up and hospitilisations slowly creeping up albeight slowly.

Tim.
This is a serious question, the long covid that you mention, can you only get this if you are unvaccinated or can you also get this if you are vaccinated?
I think long covid is simply the luck of the draw so to speak, obviously if you're unvaccinated the risk is much higher. I don't think they know fully why some people go on to develop it, whether it's your immune system working overtime which starts attacking the body. From the little I know about it is you could still develop long covid once vaccinated but the risk is greatly reduced and very small.

Tim.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:09 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:06 pm I think long covid is simply the luck of the draw so to speak, obviously if you're unvaccinated the risk is much higher. I don't think they know fully why some people go on to develop it, whether it's your immune system working overtime which starts attacking the body. From the little I know about it is you could still develop long covid once vaccinated but the risk is greatly reduced and very small.

Tim.
You got any proof or evidence or anything whatsoever to even remotely back that up? Or is it just a utterly factitious claim you just feel might be right? :thumbsdown:

Some say it has zero impact
Some say it cuts it by a third

Yet the "it has no impact" story is a month younger

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:09 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:06 pm I think long covid is simply the luck of the draw so to speak, obviously if you're unvaccinated the risk is much higher. I don't think they know fully why some people go on to develop it, whether it's your immune system working overtime which starts attacking the body. From the little I know about it is you could still develop long covid once vaccinated but the risk is greatly reduced and very small.

Tim.
You got any proof or evidence or anything whatsoever to even remotely back that up? Or is it just a utterly factitious claim you just feel might be right? :thumbsdown:
I said from what little I know, not claiming to be an expert in the least. Only reason I know is bits of information from a friend who is suffering from long covid. Seems there are lots of ideas and no definitive answers.

I think you just have to accept not withstanding all you have said, getting vaccinated is the way to go, no point in anyone constantly trying to dig up internet statistics to try and prove otherwise to make oneself feel better or less guilty or justifying in not accepting the vaccine.

Tim.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:48 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:09 pm

Tim.
I said from what little I know, not claiming to be an expert in the least. Only reason I know is bits of information from a friend who is suffering from long covid. Seems there are lots of ideas and no definitive answers.

I think you just have to accept not withstanding all you have said, getting vaccinated is the way to go, no point in anyone constantly trying to dig up internet statistics to try and prove otherwise to make oneself feel better or less guilty or justifying in not accepting the vaccine.

Tim.
So the proverbial fact out the arse, it's becoming a bad habit this Tim :thumbsdown:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:06 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am Completely agree Rob and why I've never being able to get my head around those who deny the vaccine because they think they will be ok and fine if they unfortunately catch it, something you simply can't predict. Whilst being in a younger age bracket seems to help its no guarantee you won't become seriously ill or suffer from long covid. Its like playing russian roulette which ones health, still its their health, just unfortunaley it has a knock on affect for others which can be pretty much avoided.

Tim.
I think long covid is simply the luck of the draw so to speak, obviously if you're unvaccinated the risk is much higher. I don't think they know fully why some people go on to develop it, whether it's your immune system working overtime which starts attacking the body. From the little I know about it is you could still develop long covid once vaccinated but the risk is greatly reduced and very small.

Tim.
So although you have said you are not an expert the advice you would give someone in the younger age bracket is to take the vaccine as it may or may not be better for you.
So what a young person could take from that advice is that they should take the vaccine as it may or may not help with any covid symptoms or long lasting covid effects, but they may or may not also develop symptoms or long lasting effects from the vaccine that they did not have before.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm So although you have said you are not an expert the advice you would give someone in the younger age bracket is to take the vaccine as it may or may not be better for you.
So what a young person could take from that advice is that they should take the vaccine as it may or may not help with any covid symptoms or long lasting covid effects, but they may or may not also develop symptoms or long lasting effects from the vaccine that they did not have before.
Think you're missing the point here mate, its MORALLY the RIGHT thing to do because its what Tim FEELs is right :thumbsup:
All these inconvenient assumptions, assertions and unfounded claims are irrelevant when you feel like you're morally correct see

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Yes morality does seem to be lacking somewhat out there :roll:

Shame :thumbsdown:

Tim.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Tim.
So although you have said you are not an expert the advice you would give someone in the younger age bracket is to take the vaccine as it may or may not be better for you.
Exactly, it doesn't need an expert to know or advise anyone regardless of age that taking the vaccine is the way to go to minimise symptoms and potentially serious illness.

Common sense don't you think?

Tim.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:45 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm

Tim.
Exactly, it doesn't need an expert to know or advise anyone regardless of age that taking the vaccine is the way to go to minimise symptoms and potentially serious illness.

Tim.
Everybodys common sense is different, take everybody flocking to the beaches during lockdown for instance.
As for needing an expert, people have been slated on here for not being experts so I would be careful with that :lol:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:45 pm
Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:16 pm So although you have said you are not an expert the advice you would give someone in the younger age bracket is to take the vaccine as it may or may not be better for you.

Tim.
Everybodys common sense is different, take everybody flocking to the beaches during lockdown for instance.
As for needing an expert, people have been slated on here for not being experts so I would be careful with that :lol:
I would never have expected wasp in a jam jar antics for not being an expert :lol:

Tim.