Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:37 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:33 pm What’s your plan ?

“Keep an eye on hospitalisations and deaths from COVID and be aware of any new variants and whether they change the current landscape.“

It’s a straight forward enough to your attempts above
Politicians answer like that !
Ron.... are you ok? I'm legitimately worried about you at this stage.

Lets try this for a third time....

Open up, back to normal, keep the vaccination programme running to anyone that wants it and make sure we know when the elderly who have had their vaccines already are at risk again then get them re-vaccinated if they want it.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm

I suggest you give head a good shake fella!

I have spoken to you reasonably and rationally and asked you a question and you use geek speak enlarged bold text. :thumbsdown:

Bad form young fella :thumbsdown:
Last edited by ronk on Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:46 pm

I think it has been said before that we are going to have to learn to live with covid as its not going to go away.
There will always be deaths caused by covid just like the flu.
At what point does the country/world have to get to before the decision is made that this is almost the best its going to get?
Personally for the foreseeable future I will be staying away from large crowds, pubs etc as that is where I feel most people could get it and you are amongst people you dont know and cant trust. There will be many many people out there denying that they have covid so they dont miss a night out.
Doing my shopping on a Sunday morning before the masses get there and just changed my job so will be working next to less people every day too.
Everybody will just have to do what they think is best for themselves and their families and if that means missing holidays, football matches, concerts, etc. then thats what people should do.
Oh, and why cant people just stay in their own area for a while longer, are holidays really necessary?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

BeeEmm

NHS Covid App

Post by BeeEmm » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:46 pm I think it has been said before that we are going to have to learn to live with covid as its not going to go away.
At what point does the country/world have to get to before the decision is made that this is almost the best its going to get?
Personally for the foreseeable future I will be staying away from large crowds, pubs etc as that is where I feel most people could get it and you are amongst people you dont know and cant trust. There will be many many people out there denying that they have covid so they dont miss a night out.
Doing my shopping on a Sunday morning before the masses get there and just changed my job so will be working next to less people every day too.
Everybody will just have to do what they think is best for themselves and their families and if that means missing holidays, football matches, concerts, etc. then thats what people should do.
Oh, and why cant people just stay in their own area for a while longer, are holidays really necessary?
Some very good observations and sensible suggestions here, Nictrix. :) I said at the very start of this pandemic, that your 'enemy' is the person standing next to you.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 am

john-e89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:19 pm What are the age groups of the two graphs Mgarlane…?
It wasn't in the figures I had access too but this set explains it.
Attachments
Age Hospital.JPG
Age Hospital.JPG (77.21 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Last edited by mgrlane on Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:58 am

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:28 pm No which is why I think it's banal going to a virtually complete open society in one step and hoping on a wing and a prayer the great British public take the sensible approach

Haven't we been here before

Tim.
I think we tried to do it last year when there wasn't any vaccines? Is that what you are saying?

We have been opening the company in a step by step process over the last 4 months? It's not been in one step?

By the looks of things the virus has mutated (delta) into a more transmissible variant that depending on who's figures you believe is 10-20 times less lethal as the original version.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:06 am

ronk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm I suggest you give head a good shake fella!

I have spoken to you reasonably and rationally and asked you a question and you use geek speak enlarged bold text. :thumbsdown:

Bad form young fella :thumbsdown:
Im completely lost Ron, you asked me 3 times what I would do and 3 times I answered the exact same, each time you fixated on the very last part about monitoring the situation to see if anything changed and claimed that I hadnt answered the question and that just saying monitor wasnt good enough..... :idunno:

What exactly are you looking for?!

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:40 am

Nictrix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:46 pm I think it has been said before that we are going to have to learn to live with covid as its not going to go away.
100% agree
although admittedly thats just normal life for me, I always try and avoid people, shop when its quiet etc because they are awful :rofl:

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:44 am

mgrlane wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:58 am By the looks of things the virus has mutated (delta) into a more transmissible variant that depending on who's figures you believe is 10-20 times less lethal as the original version.
According to the latest spam advertising from the Scot Gov 1 in 3 people dont even get symptoms

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:09 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:44 am According to the latest spam advertising from the Scot Gov 1 in 3 people dont even get symptoms
You should check the latest Oz advertising:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57800981

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:26 pm

mgrlane wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:09 pm You should check the latest Oz advertising:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57800981
Thats a bit gratuitous

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Nanu » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:02 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm
PointedMarlin wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:49 pm Yep I’m double jabbed & I have caught COVID

So far as I know I never caught it up till now & I picked it up off a kid from school is my best guess as we were told on Thursday a child has tested positive & so I, as a close contact, had to isolate & take a PCR test. I got my confirmation text today so fortunately it’s only been immediate family I’ve seen & now they have had to PCR & isolate with me irrespective as we are a household.

Interestingly other staff have been reporting negative results but I would be amazed if I was the 3% who get false positive PCR results
I hope it's easy sailing for you.

My partners brother is halfway through isolation- his house mate has got it but her brother has had two tests now and hasn't had a positive.

Housemate is not showing any symptoms other than a cold. It's a strange old thing.
The cold like symptoms could be Covid. It differs from person to person. I had Covid back in Jan 2020 and at first I thought it was jet lag until some weeks later loosing smell and taste (Which I did) was identified as a symptom. My wife had it a lot worse.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:26 pm Thats a bit gratuitous
Rather..... Have you been following the situation in Oz? I am super intrigued to see how it ends.
Nanu wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:02 pm The cold like symptoms could be Covid. It differs from person to person. I had Covid back in Jan 2020 and at first I thought it was jet lag until some weeks later loosing smell and taste (Which I did) was identified as a symptom. My wife had it a lot worse.
He has 4 days positive and yesterday was his 1st negative. The brother in law has tested negative throughout despite sharing the same house with him.

Poor lads 30th birthday last week and he got pinged from the app at the start of the month- July has bee a write off for him.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:37 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am Rather..... Have you been following the situation in Oz? I am super intrigued to see how it ends.
I havent, in all honesty I have completely checked out from covid, I wear a mask in the shops but apart from that I have lost all interest lol
Saw this today... (NSFW)

Butterfield is a comedian but its usually pretty salient on most things imo

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:37 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am Rather..... Have you been following the situation in Oz? I am super intrigued to see how it ends.
I havent, in all honesty I have completely checked out from covid, I wear a mask in the shops but apart from that I have lost all interest lol
Saw this today... (NSFW)

Butterfield is a comedian but its usually pretty salient on most things imo
We have friends out in Oz and as soon as the delta took off over here I was worried for them out there and have kept a close eye on the developments.

Butterfield raises some interesting points- regardless of where you stand on the rona jab there are many tangible effects of policy that are not taken into consideration behind the headline numbers.