Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NHS Covid App

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 pm Genuine question.

What is there to feel guilty about?
In my opinion, potentially taking up needed ICU beds with unnecessary covid.
Na.
?? You said genuine question so I gave a genuine answer… no need to be flippant
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by ronk » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:48 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm I can't remember the last hospital appointment I had or the last time I went to the doctor's.
I sincerely hope your record continues as such but it’s very unlikely to do so unfortunately.

Confidence of youth - priceless!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:52 pm

There is no disrespect towards you.

Just not guilty of taking up a hospital bed in the very small chance that I might fall ill to covid.

In good health, never been to hospital in at least 10-15 years. Eat well, don't abuse my body.

I guess I might feel different if I was 60, fat and a smoker.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:24 pm

Genuine question.

What is there to feel guilty about?
In my opinion, potentially taking up needed ICU beds with unnecessary covid.
Na.

I can't remember the last hospital appointment I had or the last time I went to the doctor's.
You say that but again as discussed before you have no idea whether you may or may not end up in hospital which in my book makes sense taking the vaccine to reduce that risk.

Its taking a chance based on past history of not requiring a hospital or doctors visit yet covid wasn't around in the past.

Tim.

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm Na.

I can't remember the last hospital appointment I had or the last time I went to the doctor's.
I'm very much the same, having gone through a medical vetting process recently when my GP was submitting my medical records they contacted me to let me know there was a problem as they had massive gaps in my records and believed that they hadn't been transferred correctly, I had to explain that in my 32 years of life I had been at the doctors less than probably 10 times and had only been to hospital twice, it had been about 7 years since I was last at my GP.

Isnt it weird how people with aids are given legal protection in terms of disclosing their personal medical situation (which I agree with to an extent) yet here we are happily goose stepping down the road of vaccine passports and the requirement to disclose personal medical information.

The absolute refusal to accept reality as well is absolutely mind boggling. :headbang:
Vaccinated people catch and spread the virus just like everyone else. The Royal Navy Carrier Strike Group is a perfect example of that, all crew double jabbed, yet there was a wave of cases across the fleet.
Last edited by Flyingfifer on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:52 pm There is no disrespect towards you.

Just not guilty of taking up a hospital bed in the very small chance that I might fall ill to covid.

In good health, never been to hospital in at least 10-15 years. Eat well, don't abuse my body.

I guess I might feel different if I was 60, fat and a smoker.
Younger people can be hospitalised with covid, you don’t know for sure if you could be one of them.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Flyingfifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm Younger people can be hospitalised with covid, you don’t know for sure if you could be one of them.
Rob
I cant be sure I wont die of a heart attack in 5 mins or be hit by a bus or killed in a car crash or be in a plane that falls out of the sky....
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm

I know of two fitness instructors who got covid… one of them very nearly ended up in ICU… thankfully not, but it was close. If a load of unvaccinated people get sick and end up in the ICU then we will be right back in lockdown, which is no fun for anyone and a massive issue for the economy.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 pm
mgrlane wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm Na.

I'm very much the same, having gone through a medical vetting process recently when my GP was submitting my medical records they contacted me to let me know there was a problem as they had massive gaps in my records and believed that they hadn't been transferred correctly, I had to explain that in my 32 years of life I had been at the doctors less than probably 10 times and had only been to hospital twice, it had been about 7 years since I was last there.

Isnt it weird how people with aids are given legal protection in terms of disclosing their personal medical situation (which I agree with to an extent) yet here we are happily goose stepping down the road of vaccine passports and the requirement to disclose personal medical information.

The absolute refusal to accept reality as well is absolutely mind boggling. :headbang:
Vaccinated people catch and spread the virus just like everyone else. The Royal Navy Carrier Strike Group is a perfect example of that, all crew double jabbed, yet there was a wave of cases across the fleet.
Nobody’s saying the virus can’t be caught & spread by vaccinated people (although it seems less likely)
What we do know is that vaccinated people are less likely to end up being so ill & taken to hospital.
I think people with aids have to disclose their status if they’re in danger of exposing others to the disease?
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHS Covid App

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:01 pm
Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm Younger people can be hospitalised with covid, you don’t know for sure if you could be one of them.
Rob
I cant be sure I wont die of a heart attack in 5 mins or be hit by a bus or killed in a car crash or be in a plane that falls out of the sky....
You alone getting hit by a bus doesn’t concern me, it’s not a stretch for the nhs…. A pandemic of runaway busses might be an issue though.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by Smartbear » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Rob
That’s right, none of us could know that. But we’re talking about something we can mitigate by getting vaccinated against.
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:08 pm

Rob
No but you can take steps to reduce or minimise life's unexpected ill's, i.e. keeping fit, diet, taking vaccines, learning the Green Cross Code :D etc etc. of course there are things outside of your control but with Covid you have been offered the vaccine to regain some control to minimise it's worst doings.

Tim.

mgrlane

NHS Covid App

Post by mgrlane » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Smartbear wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm I know of two fitness instructors who got covid… one of them very nearly ended up in ICU… thankfully not, but it was close. If a load of unvaccinated people get sick and end up in the ICU then we will be right back in lockdown, which is no fun for anyone and a massive issue for the economy.
Un jabbed or jabbed I pose less of a risk of hospitalisation than alot of you old chaps on here.

If you cared about the economy etc perhaps you should impose a lockdown on the over 60's as that's where all the deaths and most of the hospitalisations are from?

Oh wait, that's not fair (a little bit like enforcing an untested therapy treatment on the young).

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:28 pm

Tell you what let’s say f**k the whole vaccine and not bother….let’s just ignore Covid and let it run how it wants as none of us really WANT a jab. How’s that…?
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

NHS Covid App

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm

I think you have to take age out of the equation, vaccinate the entire population, minimise hospitalisations and get back to normality as much as possible.

Hopefully those that shun the vaccine will reduce over time so if or when they do end up in hospital the NHS can facilitate the numbers.

Tim.