Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

If only I had the money

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Reamesy

If only I had the money

Post by Reamesy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:27 am

This is simply stunning 🤩 I’ve never seen one up close and personal

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003- ... cRY6WqK2_I
Currently; 2011 E89 23i SDrive M Sport Highline Titan Silver
Previously;
2014 SLK250CDI AMG Sport
2012 E89 SDrive 2.0 M Sport. White
2011 Audi TT Quattro
2006 Z4 2.5 Sport
2013 420D coupe
2002 Z3 2.2 Sport
1996 Z3 1.9

buzyg
Legend
Legend

If only I had the money

Post by buzyg » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:01 am

With 32 Miles on the clock. That wonderful car is destined to be a peace of Art and probably never fulfil it's potential as a driving machine. So if your into art, worth every penny I guess. It is a lovely thing. 8) :thumbsup:

Chippie

If only I had the money

Post by Chippie » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:01 am

No mention of service history, that would put me off for a start :D
Beautiful looking roadster though, it’s a shame it’s not been driven and enjoyed instead of being hidden away.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

If only I had the money

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:16 am

My immediate response was this would be absolutely wasted on me. I’d want to get it out and drive it as much as possible whereas one in this unique condition probably needs to be kept in that condition and that means not in my hands :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Old-Duckman

If only I had the money

Post by Old-Duckman » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Agree, that it one sweet ride!

Also agree that if I owned it...it would very quickly (no pun intended) have way more than 32 miles on it.

There is a saying among the classic motorcycle crowd (maybe a similar one among the classic car crowd as well), “ride ‘em don’t hide ‘em.”

TitanTim
    Lifer
    Lifer

If only I had the money

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Makes me feel better I've only covered 762 miles in the 140i over 5 years :D

Beautiful Z.

Tim.

patriot66
    Lifer
    Lifer

If only I had the money

Post by patriot66 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:05 pm

I was working at Halliwell Jones BMW Southport when the Z8 was released back in 2000 and we had 2 or 3 pass through the doors, all silver iirc. One I remember in particular went to the wealthy M.D of a large company based in Liverpool. Now this guy liked his BMWs and was a 'keen' driver and had previously had many //M models, 6series, 8series and Alpinas too. Within a month he returned the Z8 which went straight in the showroom and sold again virtually the next day ! On a subsequent visit I got into a quite candid conversation with him about the car. He told me the brakes were weak, the car had an amount of 'float' in the suspension that he thought was unacceptable and that it felt too heavy, too cumbersome. He did like the manual gearbox and the S62 V8 from the E39 M5 ! However, the main reason for his not liking it and returning it was the fact it was left hand drive. He said that as a daily driver or a weekend toy it was massively compromised on UK roads because of this. The very act of sitting on the left, changing gear with the right hand etc was a huge problem in such a car. He had a few near misses whilst pulling out to overtake purely down to the reduced visibility from sitting on the left. I asked him that if they were available in RHD would he have been able to live with it and he said the novelty would probably have worn off quite quickly. He summed it up by saying that as good looking as they are it unfortunately isn't really a 'true' drivers car. Shame :(
    Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !