Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

That football match

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:55 pm

I am going to sit down tonight, as a proud Englishman, secure in his castle, with my equally proud and somewhat tenacious Scottish wife, to watch a certain football match. (For the American members, this is proper, original football, where we don't use our hands............much :wink: )
Although my darling wife has collected various bottles of wine, steaks, Pringles, crisps etc, in an effort to make this an enjoyable evening in (scratch romantic I feel), I still feel now is probably the right time to make peace with you all and promise to see you all on the other side.
If England win, I'm in for a good kicking and a very silent night.
If Scotland win I'm in for a celebratory kicking and a raucous night that I won't really feel like joining in with.

Anyone else out there hoping for a draw? :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Pondrew » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:22 pm

Is there a football match tonight? Who's playing? :o
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

N4LLY

That football match

Post by N4LLY » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm

I predict England win 16 - 0 :wink:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:29 pm

N4LLY wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm I predict England win 16 - 0 :wink:
Oh jeez!
I'll top myself and save her the bother!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 pm

I predict, a bore fest which will end 1 - 0 with someone getting sent of and Kane falling over an invisible matchstick :rofl:

At least then she can complain for a week about the cheating English and how lucky they were to beat poor old Scotland
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

brillomaster

That football match

Post by brillomaster » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Do the british thing, and root for the underdog. And be thankful its not us for a change! :rofl:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Pondrew » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:59 pm

I predict Gazza to score again. Maybe not on the field, but he probably will somewhere. :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by firebobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:59 pm I predict Gazza to score again. Maybe not on the field, but he probably will somewhere. :lol:
Is that that Gary Gascoigne bloke??
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Stevo1987

That football match

Post by Stevo1987 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:10 pm

Fank gawd it is over......
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

sw4nny

That football match

Post by sw4nny » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

As an England fan,Scotland were the better team.
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Zedebee » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:51 pm

The commentators tried to sound enthusiastic but there wasn’t really much going on was there.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Z4paul

That football match

Post by Z4paul » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 pm

Better than i expected in that it was often end to end and Scotland gave a good account of themselves and , England, well...whatever Kane has been suffering from seems to have spread.
Anyway, more importantly am now awaiting the 'post match' post mortem from Enuff...how was it for you Sir!!?? :thumbsup:
2.0 m sport (suspension / steering wheel/scuff plates) cupholders sapphire black with factory hard top. Needs a little tlc but loving it.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:18 am

Z4paul wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 pm Better than i expected in that it was often end to end and Scotland gave a good account of themselves and , England, well...whatever Kane has been suffering from seems to have spread.
Anyway, more importantly am now awaiting the 'post match' post mortem from Enuff...how was it for you Sir!!?? :thumbsup:
We took turns waking each other up! :roll:
Highlights of the evening were the steak baguettes and red wine provided by my good lady. :thumbsup:
All credit to the Scots though, no way did they look 40 places below England. In fact based on that match they should progress just for their enthusiasm and pride. England pottered along in second gear and didn't seem particularly bothered. Kane was a waste of space tbh.
Looking forward to seeing both teams in the last 16 hopefully.

skelters

That football match

Post by skelters » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm

Seemingly it's coming home according to the english media, pundits, commentators and the gullible. If your home is in Italy then you're probably correct. English news at 10 reported just before the Euros started that 6 out of the 7 England games are at Wembley. So in the final before a ball had been kicked. #deluded

There's towns and cities all over Europe breathing a sigh of relief that they'll not have to suffer the English national embarrassment that is their so called fans and the appaling behaviour, fighting and everything else they do.

As for the game...

Scotland outplayed the English everywhere on the park from start to finish and the fans were louder at Wembley park. Definitely 2 points dropped by Scotland.

Scotland aren't a great team due to many reasons going back almost 40 years. Look up Andy Roxburgh and what he said in the 80's and 90's and the lack of forward thinking and complete incompetence of the SFA.

Didn't help that they put an Englishman in charge either. Can imagine the outrage if a Scotsman was put in charge of the English FA.

The current english team are overrated, over paid and just average. They look exceptional on paper but not very good on the park where it matters. They'll be lucky to make it out of the last 16. And the possible teams they may face have nothing to fear. Three lions? Three pussies on a shirt more like.

Was good to see the Scottish fans help to clean up the litter in Lester Circle or wherever it was.

Expect to see speccy Lineker and Wright have sex with each other live on TV if Germany go out at the group stage such is their hatred for all things German.

France or Italy to win it with Italy being favourites.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by firebobby » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm

England were just playing with them, like a cat with a mouse :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981