Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

That football match

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:24 pm

!!!!
Attachments
3B9AAF0E-6151-4A63-BCBA-9800C37120BE.jpeg
3B9AAF0E-6151-4A63-BCBA-9800C37120BE.jpeg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 205 times
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:17 pm Exquisite result last night :poke: :rofl:

Yup, Scotland failed to qualify from a group that didn't even include the winners.

That's why there's no Scottish wine. The grapes are too sour. :poke: :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm

Italy and Scotland the only two teams not to lose to england :poke: :P
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Scotland weren’t in it long enough to be beaten in another game…. :rofl:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:32 pm

We never expected to be, the fact we even qualified was a shock :rofl:
You guys had it in the bag though, it was coming home, the team was going to do it and bring home the trophy it was just a formality playing through the games :poke:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:34 pm

According to whom…?
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:32 pm We never expected to be, the fact we even qualified was a shock :rofl:
You guys had it in the bag though, it was coming home, the team was going to do it and bring home the trophy it was just a formality playing through the games :poke:
Well no matter.............. Scotland can prove their point again next year at the world cup finals. :thumbsup:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:36 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop it Enuff….. :lol:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:42 pm

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Fuckin’ Lichtenstein……!! :rofl: :rofl:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm

So you can either proudly support your team, suck it up when they lose, and move on.
Or you can be so anguished by their early demise that you turn your jealousies on teams that progress further.
I can tell you now, if England and Scotland's roles had been reversed, there would be plenty of Englishmen who would have followed Scotland and wished them all the best, as I suspect many did for Wales. Didn't hear much sniping going on about them?
Go on, be honest, this has cock all to do with football and is just another chance to exorcise the chips from your shoulder. :poke:

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:27 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm So you can either proudly support your team, suck it up when they lose, and move on.
Or you can be so anguished by their early demise that you turn your jealousies on teams that progress further.
I can tell you now, if England and Scotland's roles had been reversed, there would be plenty of Englishmen who would have followed Scotland and wished them all the best, as I suspect many did for Wales. Didn't hear much sniping going on about them?
Go on, be honest, this has cock all to do with football and is just another chance to exorcise the chips from your shoulder. :poke:
The suck it up part isnt something that a minority of english fans are great at going by the violence, racism and general distastefulness they displayed.

That may be the case but then you dont have to endure the never ending self aggrandisement of the english media still wimpering on about 1966 as well as the arrogant presumptions of success and excellence about the england team.... it really is tiresome. I have no issue supporting the welsh or the irish :)

I have no issue with the english but football really does bring out the absolute worst in you and its insufferable.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:27 pm I have no issue with the english but football really does bring out the absolute worst in you and its insufferable.
Et tu Brutus, et tu.

Methinks you doth protest too much. :wink:

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:49 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:47 pm Et tu Brutus, et tu.

Methinks you doth protest too much. :wink:
Better let all the english people I'm friends with know that then and my english family :roll:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:57 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm this has cock all to do with football and is just another chance to exorcise the chips from your shoulder
I swithered a few times today about posting about this but seems apt given this line in your post, slightly out of context but imo relevant, and it’s your thread so I’m ok with adding it. When I woke up this morning one of the first headlines that popped up was the racial abuse the 3 lads who missed their penalties have had aimed at them overnight :thumbsdown: I cannot f**king believe that when the whole of England was so buoyed, and rightly so, with their progression that when it doesn’t go to plan the first thing to do is racially abuse those unfortunate enough to miss their penalties. Call them p!sh, useless cants, whatever you want but why bring the colour of their skin into it?? They could’ve been green, purple, or in my case tartan, and scored/missed and it wouldn’t have mattered, they would still have been gods or p!sh depending on the outcome.

Same as the violence and carnage before, during and after the game.

I think the people involved in both are using the football as a mechanism for this behaviour and that’s it!

Re the well wishes and following of the England team I have to say I have no issue with any of the other home nations doing well in anything but the absolute self entitlement of the commentators covering these events is definitely a major factor in how others see these things. The one that had me laughing last night was when Italy started to dominate possession one of the aforementioned twats came out with “well Italy had another days rest before the final so will be in much better physical shape than England” all that equates to anyone listening is here they go lining up the p!sh excuses already instead of we didn’t so well on the night got beat by a better team on the night 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyway, onwards and upwards to the World Cup where I expect Scotland to be as equally p!sh and have little or no progression, but I don’t expect any different and will definitely not be talking them up as eventual winners, just enjoy the complete surprise if they do anything other than are sh!te :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)