Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

That football match

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:38 am

firebobby wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm England were just playing with them, like a cat with a haggis :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
Corrected that for you. :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:18 am

skelters wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm Expect to see speccy Lineker and Wright have sex with each other live on TV if Germany go out at the group stage such is their hatred for all things German.
A26CF7A2-8FCB-4827-819C-41EC9FB34420.jpeg
A26CF7A2-8FCB-4827-819C-41EC9FB34420.jpeg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 268 times

skelters

That football match

Post by skelters » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm

firebobby wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm England were just playing with them, like a cat with a mouse :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
This week the training program for the England team... How to hit a coo on the arse with a banjo followed by an in depth discussion on what the white wooden structure with a net is at each end of the park.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:19 pm

skelters wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm in depth discussion on what the white wooden structure with a net is at each end of the park.
Oh that's easy! A climbing frame for Scottish fans :wink:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

skelters

That football match

Post by skelters » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:19 pm
skelters wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm in depth discussion on what the white wooden structure with a net is at each end of the park.
Oh that's easy! A climbing frame for Scottish fans :wink:
We've not used it as a climbing frame since 1977 when Scotland beat England 2-1, took the goalposts and the pitch.

That wasn't the game that Clemence was nutmegged by Dalglish though. That game was 1976 when Scotland win 2-1.

Vaguely remember those games although I wasn't born when Scotland beat the reigning world champions in 1967 although that was before the modern era of football.

Good to see there's still a good way to go before Scotland are caught in the Unofficial World Champions rankings.
https://www.ufwc.co.uk/
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Nanu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:38 pm

It was a typical Southgate team performance (Yawn)

PS. How do you get that Italian TV channel?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:59 pm

skelters wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm
firebobby wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm England were just playing with them, like a cat with a mouse :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
This week the training program for the England team... How to hit a coo on the arse with a banjo followed by an in depth discussion on what the white wooden structure with a net is at each end of the park.
I think they are going to put some arrows onto the grass to show which way is forward :rofl:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

skelters

That football match

Post by skelters » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:59 pm
skelters wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:15 pm
I think they are going to put some arrows onto the grass to show which way is forward :rofl:
Do you think that'll help Engerluuuuund score?

Odds dropping on them winning this.

They need to win on Tuesday to secure the top of the group.

If, and it's a big if, Scotland win by two or three goals and England lose then they might not even get to the last 16 depending on the results in other groups.

My tenner on Italy winning is still safe for another 90 minutes.

:rofl:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:32 pm

England were just playing with them, like a cat with a mouse :poke: :rofl: :rofl:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think that'll help Engerluuuuund score?

Odds dropping on them winning this.

They need to win on Tuesday to secure the top of the group.

If, and it's a big if, Scotland win by two or three goals and England lose then they might not even get to the last 16 depending on the results in other groups.

My tenner on Italy winning is still safe for another 90 minutes.

:rofl:
[/quote]

Nope but it may make them look like they could score.

Never thought they would win - not with GS in charge, far to cautious his first thought is don't lose and his second is safety first.

Need to be a bit more expansive to win tourneys like the Euros - could have a decent side but need a different manager
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:03 am

To bring this thread back to my initial quandary, it seems I'm not out of the woods yet!
Tomorrow night will have wifey and I in separate rooms, watching separate matches and hurling insults/abuse/encouragement at each other along the hall.
As usual with these things, I will be keeping fingers crossed that both teams get through and the Scottish house contingent will be hoping England fail. :roll:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 am

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:03 am As usual with these things, I will be keeping fingers crossed that both teams get through and the Scottish house contingent will be hoping England fail.
And we’ll be hoping you don’t say anything stupid enough to involve removal of bodily bits that you hold dear to you :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:37 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 am
    enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:03 am As usual with these things, I will be keeping fingers crossed that both teams get through and the Scottish house contingent will be hoping England fail.
    And we’ll be hoping you don’t say anything stupid enough to involve removal of bodily bits that you hold dear to you :lol:
    Oh that's not a problem, she already holds them in trust for me!

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

That football match

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:44 am

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:37 am
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 am
    Oh that's not a problem, she already holds them in trust for me!
    At your age you should just be glad she’s still holding them at all :wink: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:19 pm

N4LLY wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm I predict England win 16 - 0 :wink:
      Smidgen off :poke:

It always entertains me how every. single. time. there is any national level championship its basically in the bag for england before the ball is even kicked. Its the undeserved arrogance of it that makes me an ABE kinda guy :thumbsup:
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

enuff_zed
      Lifer
      Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:19 pm
      N4LLY wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 pm I predict England win 16 - 0 :wink:
      Smidgen off :poke:

It always entertains me how every. single. time. there is any national level championship its basically in the bag for england before the ball is even kicked. Its the undeserved arrogance of it that makes me an ABE kinda guy :thumbsup:
      To be honest, the national level championships in England usually are in the bag for England.
      Trouble is these pesky 'International' competitions where they insist on letting the ancillaries in, who then think they are allowed to compete and win stuff. Damn bad show don't yer know! :poke: :D