Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

That football match

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Argyll Andy, a good point, well made.
The abuse is completely out of order, and seemingly out of control too. No excuse for it, from any nation.
No idea what nationality the abusers were of course, as they hide in the ether somewhere.

As for the commentators............ I switch on in time for the kick off and make sure i have plenty of other things to do at half time! Numpties, living in the past.

As usual, my light-hearted start to this thread has been taken over by arguments outside of the initial concept.
So that's it from me. time to lock this one down I reckon. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:08 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:03 pm
No idea what nationality the abusers were of course, as they hide in the ether somewhere.
Well going by news today it would seem that one of the abusers was a female tory mp
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Nictrix wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:08 pm
Well going by news today it would seem that one of the abusers was a female tory mp
Jesus seriously?
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

skelters

That football match

Post by skelters » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:25 pm

No place anywhere for the behaviour of the minority of English fans last night towards the players. However it does seem to be a recurring theme every competition. Perhaps a ban on any participation would make these idiots think.

What we witnessed for the past month was a severe case of what's being called, "Premature Congratulations".

Scientists believe they've narrowed it down and found that media types, TV and radio pundits along with ex football players who have never won anything at international level suffer from this the most.

Symptoms include an inflated sense of the ability of the England football team, reminiscing about past achievements in 1966, complete disregard for other teams and their talents, changing the subject back to 1966, the weather in 1966 or anything relating to the world cup in 1966 along with complete hatred of Germans.

It has been found that other symptoms include but not limited to smarmy comments, loss of bladder control and generally talking pish (otherwise known as speaking Arry Kane), singing It's coming home along with a feeling of English Exceptionalism, a yearning for Empire lost and a bizarre allegiance to a woman of German descent who wears a crown.

If you think you may have been suffering from Premature Congratulations it can be cured by drinking one bottle of Rio Ferdinands tears.
Last edited by skelters on Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm
Nictrix wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:08 pm
Jesus seriously?
Never heard of her, Natalie Elphicke
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Flyingfifer

That football match

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Nictrix wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm Never heard of her, Natalie Elphicke
Just googled it, if its this (BBC Article) I dont see a problem with that as such. Its certainly not racist though it is devoid of decorum.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

That football match

Post by Nanu » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:55 pm

I don't blame the players for the outcome one bit. After half time the tactics were obviously to defend the lead which for 45 mins against Italy was not a good idea. Even when things were obviously going against them Southgate didn't react by using his substitutes. Even when he did he brought them on literally in the last minutes and expected them to score a penalty in that pressure situation not having been involved in the game and hardly having kicked a ball. Bring them on yes for the penalties but save them for 6,7 &8 if needed. Telling that the 3 subs were the ones that failed to score. Note the wording "failed to score" and not "missed" as being reported all day in the media. 2 had their penalties saved, only one missed. Southgate should never have put them in that situation.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White