Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car advert pet hates

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Swampy1982

Car advert pet hates

Post by Swampy1982 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:09 pm

"Future classic"

"Just needs a xxxx only £25"

"Aircon just needs a regas"

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Car advert pet hates

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:41 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:15 am
Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:02 am
mr wilks wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:51 am Anyone considering paying £10k for that car won't have the faculties to know (or care ) if its a LE or not :wink:
Woeful build quality , handling to match a Grimbsy trawler & a 180bhp 4 cyl 2.0 that struggles to take the skin off a rice pudding :cry:
Trust me there are loads out there - just look at the zed adverts stating Msport and then when you look they are an SE (nothing wrong with an SE by the way) - it just frustrates me that it looks like people are trying to sell. quicker or at a higher price to someone who is not doing there homework :thumbsdown:

The build quality is actually pretty good on those, I have had two, however, the 2.0l is actually a 2.2 and its not the quickest or most economical - the car is about cruising not racing for certain :thumbsup:
I too was wooed once by the looks of the Brera & that was the 2.2 jts , lovely cabin let down by poor build ( by comparsion to Germanic standards) .
To drive it never felt anything other than lethargic & coupled with random fault lights that came & went i had zero confidence or desire to drive it any further than i was capable of walking home :( it was back on AT as soon as i received the logbook in my name , total Alfa ownership was around 3 weeks & i waved it off with a smile & a sense of relief :P
I have had 4 alfas and no real problem with any of them, the 2.2 is not a great engineer for certain but as I said its about looking good rather than racing around.

I would have another 2.2 LE spider but I have gown to like the zed - was always one of my favourite cars before I bought :D
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Car advert pet hates

Post by Pondrew » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Swampy1982 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:09 pm "Future classic"
Or the latest trend; "investment car" :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Car advert pet hates

Post by Zedebee » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:41 pm
mr wilks wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:15 am
Ole gits rule wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:02 am

Trust me there are loads out there - just look at the zed adverts stating Msport and then when you look they are an SE (nothing wrong with an SE by the way) - it just frustrates me that it looks like people are trying to sell. quicker or at a higher price to someone who is not doing there homework :thumbsdown:

The build quality is actually pretty good on those, I have had two, however, the 2.0l is actually a 2.2 and its not the quickest or most economical - the car is about cruising not racing for certain :thumbsup:
I too was wooed once by the looks of the Brera & that was the 2.2 jts , lovely cabin let down by poor build ( by comparsion to Germanic standards) .
To drive it never felt anything other than lethargic & coupled with random fault lights that came & went i had zero confidence or desire to drive it any further than i was capable of walking home :( it was back on AT as soon as i received the logbook in my name , total Alfa ownership was around 3 weeks & i waved it off with a smile & a sense of relief :P
I have had 4 alfas and no real problem with any of them, the 2.2 is not a great engineer for certain but as I said its about looking good rather than racing around.

I would have another 2.2 LE spider but I have gown to like the zed - was always one of my favourite cars before I bought :D
Fortunately, Alfa build quality was so bad that they tended to fall apart when you drove into something, as happened to me (in the passenger seat) in this Cloverleaf 164.

Good job really, if it had stayed in one piece, I’d certainly have been a goner.
Attachments
1234C5EB-0545-457C-9D48-B75B6CD41319.jpeg
1234C5EB-0545-457C-9D48-B75B6CD41319.jpeg (241.68 KiB) Viewed 200 times
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Car advert pet hates

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:05 am

Thats bloody bad - hopefully I would never have to experience that - cant imagine they would get away with it now based on Euro N cap rating system :!:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.