Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Monaco

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Does Monaco still have a place in modern F1?

Yes, it has a place
52%
No, it doesn't have a place
48%

Total votes: 33

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Monaco

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 pm
buzyg wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:07 pm Or just get rid of F1.
And what the hell would I have to look forward to on the weekends?? :|
Cutting your lawn with scissors while looking at your mid life crisis car and watching your neighbours ugly wife :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

buzyg
    Legend
    Legend

Monaco

Post by buzyg » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:18 am

Pondrew wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 pm
    buzyg wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:07 pm Or just get rid of F1.
    And what the hell would I have to look forward to on the weekends?? :|
    A good drive out in your Z4 with a pleasant leisurely 20 mile walk up a mountain some wear in the mix. :D :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Monaco

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:02 pm

buzyg wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 pm That would just be a time trial though. Absolutely no hope of any overtaking if you go for the fastest car possible. :cry:
    Or it would put all the drivers on an equal playing field and the best drivers would come out on top
    Besides you would still have KERS and DRS :thumbsup:

TitanTim wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:40 pm Interesting comparison through the years, no wonder todays cars struggle at Monaco :?

Would be great if todays cars were scaled down or even better make replicas of the cars from the early 60s especially for Monaco, would then be interesting to see how much driver skills come into play.

Tim.
    Thats brilliant, Ive never seen that before and it does a brilliant job of demonstrating just how much bigger the cars are now, fantastic :thumbsup:
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

TitanTim
    Lifer
    Lifer

Monaco

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:02 pm
    buzyg wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 pm That would just be a time trial though. Absolutely no hope of any overtaking if you go for the fastest car possible. :cry:
    Or it would put all the drivers on an equal playing field and the best drivers would come out on top
    Besides you would still have KERS and DRS :thumbsup:

TitanTim wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:40 pm Interesting comparison through the years, no wonder todays cars struggle at Monaco :?

Would be great if todays cars were scaled down or even better make replicas of the cars from the early 60s especially for Monaco, would then be interesting to see how much driver skills come into play.

Tim.
    Thats brilliant, Ive never seen that before and it does a brilliant job of demonstrating just how much bigger the cars are now, fantastic :thumbsup:
    Only reason it got me thinking was from the video I posted earlier with the guys sitting in the 1962 cars and just how small the cars were back then, almost toy like in size :o sounded better too :)

Tim.

GuidoK
    Lifer
    Lifer

Monaco

Post by GuidoK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:22 pm

In the last 30 years f1 cars have gotten longer, but not much wider in my eyes.
    Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch