Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Used car prices going mad

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
rdgreen

Post by rdgreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:06 am

Old-Duckman wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:02 pm
What I've read that a major factor is the lack of "chips" (microchips for car computer systems etc.) are in short supply and the chip manufacturers can not fill the demand of auto manufacturers. Do a web search on "chip shortage automotive 2021". You'll find more articles on that then you would care to read.
Isn't the shortage caused by Bill Gates buying them all up for inserting in the Covid 19 jab...........
Sterling Grey 2004 e85 3.0i manual.

Zulu4

Post by Zulu4 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am

rdgreen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:06 am
What I've read that a major factor is the lack of "chips" (microchips for car computer systems etc.) are in short supply and the chip manufacturers can not fill the demand of auto manufacturers. Do a web search on "chip shortage automotive 2021". You'll find more articles on that then you would care to read.
Isn't the shortage caused by Bill Gates buying them all up for inserting in the Covid 19 jab...........
:rofl: :rofl:
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:07 pm

rdgreen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:06 am
No those chips are much smaller...nano, like microscopic!

Why is Mr. Gates buying up lots of farm land and not farming it..? Look out for food shortages in the not too distant future. He already wants people to eat "meat" not obtained from livestock...though insect protein is OK. I have been a lacto-ovo vegeterian for over 20 years so no insect protein for me...except the errant bug I get in a salad!

Does seem like he has fallen a bit in the eyes of many due to his close association to Mr. Epstein. I guess Bill's wife wasn't too happy 'bout that? His money will see him through this crisis I suppose.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:07 pm No those chips are much smaller...nano, like microscopic!

Why is Mr. Gates buying up lots of farm land and not farming it..? Look out for food shortages in the not too distant future. He already wants people to eat "meat" not obtained from livestock...though insect protein is OK. I have been a lacto-ovo vegeterian for over 20 years so no insect protein for me...except the errant bug I get in a salad!
I do love a good conspiracy theory, it brightens my day :thumbsup:
I had to look up lacto-ovo vegetarian as never heard that one before. :o
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

M340

Post by M340 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:24 pm

Intrigued by this thread, I looked up my M340 Touring. WBAC (who usually make comedy offers) offering £5k more than what I owe on it. Considering it’s 14 months old (and break even on a PCP is usually 28-34 months) is absolutely crazy. I’d be tempted, but assume I can’t get a new one right now - so defeats the point!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 pm

M340 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:27 pm Intrigued by this thread, I looked up my M340 Touring. WBAC (who usually make comedy offers) offering £5k more than what I owe on it. Considering it’s 14 months old (and break even on a PCP is usually 28-34 months) is absolutely crazy. I’d be tempted, but assume I can’t get a new one right now - so defeats the point!
There’s two new unregistered ones sitting in dealer stock but they are taking orders and fulfilling them. There 4 of us I think waiting for recently ordered G29’s and the first one arrives in two weeks then another couple the week after that.

https://stock.bmw.co.uk/results?f=dHJ1Z ... x=MTAwMDA=

If you’re looking to get out of a 2nd hand one now seems to be a pretty good time to do it :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

M340

Post by M340 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 pmIf you’re looking to get out of a 2nd hand one now seems to be a pretty good time to do it :thumbsup:
    Cheers for the tip!

Well I have a deposit down on an M3 Touring. But it’s ages away and it’s got that face 😀 Swapping mine for a new one with no money down is intriguing. Though I hear the MHT sounds a lot worse. Will investigate!