Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

GB BMW complaint

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pinhead5

GB BMW complaint

Post by Pinhead5 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi
I have had my Z4 serviced and had a few issues with the main dealer. I emailed GB BMW complaints department and before they will look into my complaint they want a picture sending of the V5 log book to prove I am the owner. Is this normal as I can’t see why they would need it. The complaint is regarding a service and not ownership etc.

Thanks for any help

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

GB BMW complaint

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon May 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Pinhead5 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:10 pm Hi
I have had my Z4 serviced and had a few issues with the main dealer. I emailed GB BMW complaints department and before they will look into my complaint they want a picture sending of the V5 log book to prove I am the owner. Is this normal as I can’t see why they would need it. The complaint is regarding a service and not ownership etc.

Thanks for any help
Not linked to a complaint but I contacted BMW recently and was asked for a copy of the V5 but also my driving license. I asked why and they said because they were going to discuss something specific with me (my car) they had to prove it was mine to discuss because of GDPR. I was only looking for a copy of BMWSH so had no issue doing it.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pinhead5

GB BMW complaint

Post by Pinhead5 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm

:thumbsup:

ihadablackdog

GB BMW complaint

Post by ihadablackdog » Mon May 24, 2021 9:42 pm

Think that’s bad?

Try claiming for pot hole damage from the council! They want proof of everything, ownership, insurance, tyre condition, service history, exact location of pot hole, inside leg measurement of Uncle Tom Cobley’s cat!

GDPR is a real ball ache for me at the moment (trying to sort my dads finances but his power of attorney isn’t activated yet so it’s impossible to get anywhere at the moment).

Just have to jump through the hoops unfortunately.
    2011 E89 sDrive20i

Colin_E

GB BMW complaint

Post by Colin_E » Mon May 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Similar experience with Mercedes. I found that my online service history (no paper service booklet anymore) was missing a record from 2019 so asked them to add it. Now I need to provide V5 & ID (driving licence or passport) to prove we still own the vehicle and are entitled to see the record before we can do so :?
    GDPR gone mad.