Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rules relaxation and idiots

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 pm

So as of today there has been a rule relaxation of the Covid stuff. Anybody who's not gone to Portugal by tomorrow is apparently way behind the times :roll:

I was coming out of my local Sainsbury's this afternoon and there was a small argument going on at the "in" door.
The lady staff member was asking a 20 something chap to put his facemask on before entering the shop. He said "really? I thought we didn't have to wear them anymore".
He did have a mask in his pocket and duly put it on; under duress.
Seriously worries me the way some people take notice of the news and rules!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

wspohn

Post by wspohn » Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Living in Canada right next to the Americans who are very much into their personal 'rights' we hear about this a fair bit.

The clear answer is that they certainly do have a right not to wear a mask, just as the shop owner also has the right not to allow entrance to anyone not wearing one. Any shop owner should be reluctant to relax mask requirements even if the local authorities have done, as that would certainly keep a certain number of people away from their stores.
Vancouver BC, Canada
2007 Z4MC
2009 Solstice GXP coupe
1962 MGA Coupe
1956 MGA (rebody+re-engined)
1958 MGA Twin Cam race car
1972 Jensen Interceptor

rosskins

Post by rosskins » Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-your-own

Yep, there have been certainly a few of 'them' around. Over in the UK, I have not returned to my local Spa Petrol Station (in Rawtenstall - shame on you!) since Apr 2021. Enough was enough standing in a queue when half were wearing masks and half were not. I wrote to the manager and an Area Manager was good enough to get back in touch who said their staff were receiving a lot of abuse from the ignoramuses not wearing masks (you know who the exempt people are in a small community which is totally acceptable by me). But the chancers (not the usual customers) were clearly abusing the system and the Spa staff did nothing. What is ironic is that wearing a face mask protects others from you so I was protecting the chancers? What came down to it was Spa (and probably other organisations) have failed in their basic (and probable legal) health and safety obligation and duty to protect me and other mask wearing users. So sod them. From the above link, the governments advice is wooly as usual and enforcement is none existent as the police have better things to do. So well done Sainsburys, Mozzers and M&S as they all have a guard on the door. Asda you also need to learn.
Current: F-Type AWD V6 & M135i
Before: ZR3.0si, 525d, 325ti, 120d, A3-2.0DSG, 323T4x4, MX3-V6, 2CV, MetroVP, Mini850
Zed was fitted with: None run flats, Stubby, Cruise, Intravee, DrilledFogs, WiredCam & 326s

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon May 17, 2021 11:12 pm

My Bro in law is plod, down here they were stopping cars to check on journeys but as soon as the travel rules changed (go 5 miles for exercise) they stopped as they could not prove where people had been or were going.

Shops with us do not enforce masks - the staff get far too much grief for the covidiots, do all you can to protect yourself and your family but others have no common sense, it does not impact me but could kill older relatives if they are not careful.

Travel abroad right now - no thanks lets give it a while to see what happens.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm

Celebrated the easing by a visit to B&Q this morning at 7am so was pretty quiet, first time I've been to a shop in over 12 months :o but then it was a last minute dash for decorating supplies as normally I would have ordered online and had it delivered. Still conscious I haven't had the second jab which is next week so nothing for me is going to change anytime soon i.e. dismiss anywhere with people in confined areas.

With petrol stations I always use Esso so pay with the app so no need to queue to pay, never knew why I didn't do this pre pandemic, especially as people always seem to want to do their weekly shop whilst buying petrol :headbang:

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm Celebrated the easing by a visit to B&Q this morning at 7am so was pretty quiet, first time I've been to a shop in over 12 months
No holiday in Portugal this week then? Everybody else is going (except me). BBC news had a reporter on the first flight out this morning! I'm with you Tim :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 am

Air travel...no thanks
Can think of nothing worse, than being in a building where thousands of people from different countries, all mix together.
Then packed in a metal tube for hours, just to be able to sit on a beach in the sunshine.
Nah thanks
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Tue May 18, 2021 8:29 am

Wait until you guys start seeing stuff like this- it will blow your mind:

https://twitter.com/SaraCivian/status/1 ... 0869153801
https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/ ... 1433833472

(they just flashed up on my twitter feed- I didn't search for them).

And when you find out there are states in America that have had no mask mandate, no social distancing for months and they are back to normal you are going to need a hug at that point- which is ok because your UK leaders have allowed you to do so. They have even published through their in house propaganda instructions on how you can do so:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57083571

Stay safe people and have a great day. :D

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue May 18, 2021 10:10 am

Did you see all the moaning from Heathrow inbound passengers...complaining about having to 'mix' in the customs hall for three hours with passengers from Red List / Covid-Ravaged India?

Guess which 'green list' country the interviewee was from? That's right, the famously covid-free South Africa (which is also on the red list).

I thought the irony was going to cause a stitch :|

It's as bad as those reports from last year where people were moaning that the beach was so busy, despite travelling 100 miles to get there themselves :x
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 18, 2021 10:42 am

firebobby wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 am Air travel...no thanks
Can think of nothing worse, than being in a building where thousands of people from different countries, all mix together.
Then packed in a metal tube for hours, just to be able to sit on a beach in the sunshine.
Nah thanks
Amen to that Fred. I don't have wings, therefore I don't fly. It's great because I don't have to visit the outlaws who live in Malta :thumbsup:
I couldn't think of anything more boring than flying half way around the world to read a book :?

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 am

mgrlane wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:29 am Wait until you guys start seeing stuff like this- it will blow your mind:
The only thing mind blowing about that is that anyone would want to watch ice hockey! :?

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 18, 2021 10:48 am

mmm-five wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:10 am It's as bad as those reports from last year where people were moaning that the beach was so busy, despite travelling 100 miles to get there themselves
Double-standards and hypocrites do seem to have been more noticeable in the past year. And don't get me started on bloody "bubbles". :x

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Tue May 18, 2021 11:06 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 am
mgrlane wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:29 am Wait until you guys start seeing stuff like this- it will blow your mind:
The only thing mind blowing about that is that anyone would want to watch ice hockey! :?
:lol: :rofl:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 18, 2021 11:20 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:48 am And don't get me started on bloody "bubbles".
What’s that poor monkey ever done to you :exitright:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

TitanTim
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Tue May 18, 2021 11:20 am

Pondrew wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 pm
    TitanTim wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm Celebrated the easing by a visit to B&Q this morning at 7am so was pretty quiet, first time I've been to a shop in over 12 months
    No holiday in Portugal this week then? Everybody else is going (except me). BBC news had a reporter on the first flight out this morning! I'm with you Tim :thumbsup:
    As much as I would like a trip to Portugal I might just give it a miss for the mo, stick to decorating it's safer :)

For me just common sense prevailing, I don't need the Government to say yay or nay on anything. Good job is we have the vaccine now, just needs all those that can have it to take it up.

Just standing back and watching the Indian variant :|

I have that feeling we have been here before :cry:

Tim.