Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rules relaxation and idiots

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm

ronk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:19 pm I think we are almost there with the current regime. It’s been difficult for a lot of people for a multitude of reasons - let’s just take it in logical measured steps.
Some figures to help Ronk. I think it will help illustrate hopefully that you are ok and perhaps it's not as prevalent as you think.

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust has 6 Covid Patients (6 people that are in hospital that could have tested positive in the last 28 days for covid). As of right now.

1,248 Deaths (of anything) within 28 days of positive test in County Durham since covid records began.

38,276 people since the start of Covid have had a positive test in Country Durham and 6 people have been recorded as positive today.

527,035 people in County Durham (as of two years ago).

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon May 24, 2021 6:54 pm

ronk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm At 32 you can have those ideals - I may have had similar ideals - now at 73, 80 doesn’t seem that far off.
Hence my opinion.
Ooooooof, thats grim, happily advocating stripping others of the freedom you enjoyed and preventing them from living a life as you did just because you're old... wow
basically "I crashed into a group of kids because avoiding them might have killed me" now stfu and pay my pension :fuelfire:

Happy to say I'm cut from a very different cloth
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 pm

There wasn’t a pandemic about when I was a boy - that might be why our freedoms may have been different in those days don’t you think?

The current regime is for the benefit of all. You might not like it but the people running the show seem to think it’s working out.

You’ve only got a few days left to wait.

Ps
I hope you are making suitable contributions for your pension :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Wonder how these young pups would feel if the virus mutates and begins to infect and kill the younger generation and leaves us older vaccinated people alone?
It's OK in theory to say lock the oldies down as they are at risk and leave everyone else to get on with their lives but viruses want to spread and if they only people they can infect is the young then they will mutate. It's about stopping the spread so it can't mutate further not just stopping the elderly from dying.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon May 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 pm Wonder how these young pups would feel if the virus mutates and begins to infect and kill the younger generation and leaves us older vaccinated people alone?
It's OK in theory to say lock the oldies down as they are at risk and leave everyone else to get on with their lives but viruses want to spread and if they only people they can infect is the young then they will mutate. It's about stopping the spread so it can't mutate further not just stopping the elderly from dying.
That’s just plain straightforward common sense
Trouble is tho’ common sense is an oxymoron

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm

And contains the word moron :wink:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon May 24, 2021 8:10 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:57 pm And contains the word moron :wink:

:thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 pm

ronk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 pm Ps
Oh believe me I don't have the boomer entitlement around things like pensions, I seriously doubt I will get a pension from the government at all and the retirement age is already 7 years later than my life expectancy anyway, a gap which is likely to widen before I am even close to retirement. So yes I have my own arrangements in place, plans impacted negatively by this lockdown, a lockdown to save those I am already paying to be retired and enjoy all their tax payer funded perks, perks that I will not be endowed with, nor any generation behind me.
Nanu wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 pm Wonder how these young pups would feel if the virus mutates and begins to infect and kill the younger generation and leaves us older vaccinated people alone?
If it is effecting the vast majority of the population then obviously the attitude would be different, a poor point poorly made.
But if there was to be a virus that only stuck down 32 year old men than I would hold the same mentality, the country and everyone in it shouldnt be put on hold for a small number of people. Protect the vulnerable but keep calm and carry on.

Nanu wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 pm It's OK in theory to say lock the oldies down as they are at risk and leave everyone else to get on with their lives but viruses want to spread and if they only people they can infect is the young then they will mutate. It's about stopping the spread so it can't mutate further not just stopping the elderly from dying.
Still living in that fantasyland where vaccinated people are impervious to mutations of the virus I see.... :roll:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 pm
ronk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 pm Ps
Oh believe me I don't have the boomer entitlement around things like pensions, I seriously doubt I will get a pension from the government at all and the retirement age is already 7 years later than my life expectancy anyway, a gap which is likely to widen before I am even close to retirement. So yes I have my own arrangements in place, plans impacted negatively by this lockdown, a lockdown to save those I am already paying to be retired and enjoy all their tax payer funded perks, perks that I will not be endowed with, nor any generation behind me.
If it is effecting the vast majority of the population then obviously the attitude would be different, a poor point poorly made.
But if there was to be a virus that only stuck down 32 year old men than I would hold the same mentality, the country and everyone in it shouldnt be put on hold for a small number of people. Protect the vulnerable but keep calm and carry on.

Nanu wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:45 pm It's OK in theory to say lock the oldies down as they are at risk and leave everyone else to get on with their lives but viruses want to spread and if they only people they can infect is the young then they will mutate. It's about stopping the spread so it can't mutate further not just stopping the elderly from dying.
Still living in that fantasyland where vaccinated people are impervious to mutations of the virus I see.... :roll:
I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that vaccinated people are impervious to mutated strains of the virus, I’ve definitely read that there’s less chance of being seriously ill though.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon May 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Smartbear wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that vaccinated people are impervious to mutated strains of the virus, I’ve definitely read that there’s less chance of being seriously ill though.
Rob
Completely correct, there is no such safety, the virus can be caught by vaccinated and unvaccinated alike and as such can be they can both be the platform for mutation. But some individuals on here seem to believe that after they get the vaccine they are some how impervious or super immune/safe and cannot be the platform for mutation.

The vaccine reduces the severity of the virus like you say :thumbsup:

Perjorative

Post by Perjorative » Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 pm Oh believe me I don't have the boomer entitlement around things like pensions, I seriously doubt I will get a pension from the government at all and the retirement age is already 7 years later than my life expectancy anyway, a gap which is likely to widen before I am even close to retirement. So yes I have my own arrangements in place, plans impacted negatively by this lockdown, a lockdown to save those I am already paying to be retired and enjoy all their tax payer funded perks, perks that I will not be endowed with, nor any generation behind me.
Probably worth visiting an osteopath as they might be able to ease the spinal pain you must be experiencing from carrying around that enormous chip on your shoulder.

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Tue May 25, 2021 8:25 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:08 pm
Smartbear wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that vaccinated people are impervious to mutated strains of the virus, I’ve definitely read that there’s less chance of being seriously ill though.
Rob
Completely correct, there is no such safety, the virus can be caught by vaccinated and unvaccinated alike and as such can be they can both be the platform for mutation. But some individuals on here seem to believe that after they get the vaccine they are some how impervious or super immune/safe and cannot be the platform for mutation.

The vaccine reduces the severity of the virus like you say :thumbsup:
Somewhere along the way this jab that simply reduces the severity of Covid symptoms has been pumped up to be the be all and end all.

Interesting to know that the UK government is keeping the self-isolation rules. This means the double jabbed could still be made to stay at home for 10 days after trips to pubs / restaurants / workplaces if someone they had close contact with tests positive.

Compare this to America where the fully vaccinated don’t have to...
- Wear a face mask
- Socially distance
- Quarantine after contact with infected person unless symptomatic
- Take negative test to fly abroad

Someone must have got it wrong haven't they? :rofl:

Do you ever feel like you are part of an experiment? Not the jab, we know you are with that but all these rules and regulations afterwards?
Attachments
jab.png
jab.png (472.22 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 am

Perjorative wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 am Probably worth visiting an osteopath as they might be able to ease the spinal pain you must be experiencing from carrying around that enormous chip on your shoulder.
Life is far too short and busy to carry around any sort of animosity imo so worry not about my shoulders, but these thing do tend to appear when one is being pontificated to about how utterly awful, selfish, stupid and or short sighted they are for wanting to live their life instead of shutting it down and doing untold damage to their future by people who have already had their chance at life and now want to eek out a few more years at the expense of my 30 or so. :roll:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm

Dreadfully sorry about wanting to live a few more years -

Dave1971

Post by Dave1971 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 am
Perjorative wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 am Probably worth visiting an osteopath as they might be able to ease the spinal pain you must be experiencing from carrying around that enormous chip on your shoulder.

Life is far too short and busy to carry around any sort of animosity imo so worry not about my shoulders, but these thing do tend to appear when one is being pontificated to about how utterly awful, selfish, stupid and or short sighted they are for wanting to live their life instead of shutting it down and doing untold damage to their future by people who have already had their chance at life and now want to eek out a few more years at the expense of my 30 or so. :roll:
In some respects you do have some valid observations but you do realise that the only reason you have the life you do is because of the very hard work of generations you seam to begrudge a few more years of life.

These are the people whose blood sweat and tears rebuilt this country from the bankrupt shell that was left from two world wars. They rebuilt the country from nothing and enjoyed the benefits that brought, and now you’ll get the chance to do the same, this time you’ll get to do it the way you want too and you’ll enjoy the benefits your hard work brings.
Zed No 1 2004 e85 Z4 2.2 se
Zed No 2 2007 e85 Imola Red Z4MR
Zed No 3 2006 e85 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 4 2009 e89 Deep see blue 35i sDrive
Zed No 5 2006 e85 Titan silver 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 6 2004 e85 Black Sapphire Alpina Roadster S Lux #073