Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autodoc rant

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
CryptoWhale

Autodoc rant

Post by CryptoWhale » Mon May 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Anyone else used these? First time ordering I ordered two track rod assembly right and left axle two week ago, finally came today and they have only sent me one :headbang: Can understand missing an item if there's loads of items in the order but bloody hell they have got to be seriously incompetent to miss 1/2 items!! Customer service was absolutely useless too :headbang:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc rant

Post by Pondrew » Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Have you checked the tracking on the courier's website? You might find (it is common with them apparently) the rest of the order comes later. They are great when it all works, but there are thousands of reviews out there of unsatisfied customers.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Chippie

Autodoc rant

Post by Chippie » Mon May 17, 2021 6:27 pm

Used them once and everything was there, delivery was a little slow but overall very happy with their service, 2nd order was just when Brexit was happening and ended up with import tax and charges applied, I didn’t collect the parcel and received a refund within a week or so, plenty of communication from AUTODOC so can’t really complain about them.
I think you have just been unlucky :headbang:
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Pbondar

Autodoc rant

Post by Pbondar » Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm

Used them many times….it’s a slow service with no predicted delivery date..

They do offer quite a wide choice for E89s of reasonably priced quality parts.

They’ve sorted out the Brexit related issues now.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Autodoc rant

Post by mmm-five » Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Of course, the solution for 'time critical' parts would have been to order them from a UK dealer - but of course that would have cost more - so you makes your choice, and takes your chances! :wink:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

mgrlane

Autodoc rant

Post by mgrlane » Tue May 18, 2021 9:45 am

Couple of guys on the Merc page have had a few problems with them not being delivered 3/4 weeks down the line.

I have used them a couple of times and its been a week tops for delivery. I think it's a lucky dip on delivery times.

Always worth taking out the insurance for (i think) a fiver- just encase there are any issues.

Zulu4

Autodoc rant

Post by Zulu4 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 pm

I've used them a lot.
I once had to send a couple of suspension control arms back as they were made from aluminium, rather than the OEM steel items. As I had paid by Paypal, I used the Paypal free returns scheme (to Germany ! ). It all worked fine.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.