Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Personalised plates - thoughts?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 pm

It says MELMO to you and it’s from your mother :thumbsup:
I wanted a K3 *** reg many years ago but only K33 ***was available ( pre internet days) I wish I’d bought it now.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Sandperson

Post by Sandperson » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Just bought myself a private plate direct from the DVLA. Went for DR (my initials) Z4 99. Am I ok to run it with those spacings? DR Z4 99?
Suck - Squeeze - Bang - Blow

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Sandperson wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm Just bought myself a private plate direct from the DVLA. Went for DR (my initials) Z4 99. Am I ok to run it with those spacings? DR Z4 99?
Depends on how @rsey the police car behind you is :headbang:

I got pulled for displaying KM02 AMD as KM 02 AMD. All totally legal font etc and the space between the M and 0 wasn’t as big as the type on here had put it, whereas others have clearly manipulated/mis-spaced ones and never get any hassle. When I originally posted about this someone replied saying in a certain area they were issuing fixed penalties by post for mis-spacing but I’ve not experienced that personally. I had a producer and had to get my new plates stamped by an MOT centre

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:33 pm

Sandperson wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm Just bought myself a private plate direct from the DVLA. Went for DR (my initials) Z4 99. Am I ok to run it with those spacings? DR Z4 99?
    It is illegal with the spacings. I have mine as S7 00 AKH. Not had a problem so far, but I ordered a set of legally spaced ones at the same time and keep them in the boot. If I get pulled I can show Mr plod that I have the legal ones to put on.

Heard talk of them clamping down more lately as they rely on ANPR which struggles to read mis-spaced plates.

But then I live in the fens; we have our own laws up here (ie none apparently). Bigamy up here is just called marriage. It's also illegal to marry someone not directly related :lol:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Bunnyboileravoider

Post by Bunnyboileravoider » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:46 pm

tug wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:05 am Ha ha, No he told him to F@CK OFF!! as he couldn't stand scousers. :lol: It wouldn't have bothered me if i liked him or not for half a million he could have had the car as well. :lol:
    Total genius, mate (as are so many of the other brilliant replies on here, btw).

And I've gotta say - I love the fact that your nickname and plate are "tug". That's either genius, or bonkers - either way, hats off to you!!!

PS: Did you go to the meet recently at Ockham Bites / The Black Swan? You'd have been very popular after dusk, whether you liked it or not :thumbsup:
    You only live twice. I'm on my 2nd.

Toys: (Audi Q7 2018, BMW Z4 2006, Ferrari 348 Spider 1994, Le Mans Noble 1971)