Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vigilante on a push bike.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
maxman

Post by maxman » Fri May 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 pm
maxman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm
ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm Why do some cyclists choose to ignore available cycle lanes?
If they’d been as available in my cycling days I would definitely have used them.

If you have cycled lately you wouldn’t ask the question in that way.Around here most cycle paths are totally unsuitable and not maintained,that doesn’t excuse not using the cycle paths when they have been laid with proper planing.
One by me is 6 miles long and been down for less than 2 years, most cyclists use the road and ride 2 abreast - then wonder why they get people annoyed with them :headbang:
Around here I can only think of one decent cycle way,it’s about 400yds long.So it’s no surprise cyclists use the roads .

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri May 07, 2021 11:58 pm

DPG wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm
buzyg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am
Ban all the cameras. Then we can get back to sorting things out face to face. :wink:
Or if you are Kenneth Noye, screwdriver to heart.
Had to Google that never heard of him. Unfortunately your a lot more likely to die in a car crash. Very sad but true.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 am

ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm I wonder if he gets paid a royalty from YouTube ?
He will which means he is financially encouraged to get himself into situations where he catches people and cause them to get angry
Attachments
Screenshot_20210509-083310_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210509-083310_Chrome.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 627 times
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am

I am not saying I have ever checked my phone at a red light. Bit of I had I would be rather disappointed if this gentleman filmed it and I got 6 points on my licence then I would feel very peeved. I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabbed his camera off him- took out the memory card, snapped it and gave him 20 quid for a new one.

If I was driving whilst texting or reading my phone then I would fully deserve it in my opinion.

veryverydarkblue

Post by veryverydarkblue » Sun May 09, 2021 5:37 pm

As a regular central London cyclist, I can support his ‘Gandalf Corner’ activity in Regent’s Park. He’s catching drivers who are driving on the wrong side of a ‘keep left’ traffic island to turn right shortly beyond it which is incredibly dangerous for the large number of cyclists who use this route. It’s also rather amusing watching them try to reverse back.

Catching stationary drivers in long slow queues of traffic through Hyde Park who are looking at their phone isn’t really cricket though. He even has to leave the (excellent) segregated cycle lane to capture them, often creating more risk to life, albeit his own.
2006 E85 3.0 SI Sport Manual
Midnight Blue IND / Extended Black Leather / MV2s

Prev: 2005 E85 2.0i SE Manual. Sapphire Black. poverty spec.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 09, 2021 6:38 pm

veryverydarkblue wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:37 pm As a regular central London cyclist, I can support his ‘Gandalf Corner’ activity in Regent’s Park. He’s catching drivers who are driving on the wrong side of a ‘keep left’ traffic island to turn right shortly beyond it which is incredibly dangerous for the large number of cyclists who use this route. It’s also rather amusing watching them try to reverse back.

Catching stationary drivers in long slow queues of traffic through Hyde Park who are looking at their phone isn’t really cricket though. He even has to leave the (excellent) segregated cycle lane to capture them, often creating more risk to life, albeit his own.
I think this is why everyone is berating the guy, I have seen his videos of people trying to get past that island and yes he is in the right on that - but catching people on their phone at lights is not ideal and he will get clobbered one day for certain
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun May 09, 2021 6:43 pm

I wonder if he is properly employed and paying income tax or if this is how he “earns” his living?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:38 pm
veryverydarkblue wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:37 pm As a regular central London cyclist, I can support his ‘Gandalf Corner’ activity in Regent’s Park. He’s catching drivers who are driving on the wrong side of a ‘keep left’ traffic island to turn right shortly beyond it which is incredibly dangerous for the large number of cyclists who use this route. It’s also rather amusing watching them try to reverse back.

I think this is why everyone is berating the guy, I have seen his videos of people trying to get past that island and yes he is in the right on that - but catching people on their phone at lights is not ideal and he will get clobbered one day for certain
If this kind of thing happens so often at this junction with people going down the wrong side of the road on the wrong side of the island then the police should be doing something about it. How about sticking up a camera and actually catching people stupidly breaking the law and endangering other road users. Sounds like easy money.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 09, 2021 10:13 pm

If this kind of thing happens so often at this junction with people going down the wrong side of the road on the wrong side of the island then the police should be doing something about it. How about sticking up a camera and actually catching people stupidly breaking the law and endangering other road users. Sounds like easy money.
[/quote]

You would think it would be an obvious one but as soon as they know there is a camera they stop so the revenue stops, they should place someone there randomly and start giving 3 points and £100 fines - they will think twice then :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon May 10, 2021 10:25 am

Nictrix wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm If this kind of thing happens so often at this junction with people going down the wrong side of the road on the wrong side of the island then the police should be doing something about it. How about sticking up a camera and actually catching people stupidly breaking the law and endangering other road users. Sounds like easy money.
This was my first thought although I leant more towards there is blatantly a problem there where due to utterly abysmal road planning there is a bottle neck where people are stuck for multiple minutes for the sake of 10 yards to their turning, which is so tantalisingly close they will risk the jump on the wrong side.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon May 10, 2021 10:36 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:25 am
Nictrix wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm If this kind of thing happens so often at this junction with people going down the wrong side of the road on the wrong side of the island then the police should be doing something about it. How about sticking up a camera and actually catching people stupidly breaking the law and endangering other road users. Sounds like easy money.
This was my first thought although I leant more towards there is blatantly a problem there where due to utterly abysmal road planning there is a bottle neck where people are stuck for multiple minutes for the sake of 10 yards to their turning, which is so tantalisingly close they will risk the jump on the wrong side.
Probably because all the people in the left hand lane are having to move over to make room for the cyclists. :poke: :D :fuelfire:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon May 10, 2021 10:37 am

enuff_zed wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:36 am Probably because all the people in the left hand lane are having to move over to make room for the cyclists. :poke: :D :fuelfire:
:rofl: :rofl:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon May 10, 2021 2:58 pm

mgrlane wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am I am not saying I have ever checked my phone at a red light. Bit of I had I would be rather disappointed if this gentleman filmed it and I got 6 points on my licence then I would feel very peeved. I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabbed his camera off him- took out the memory card, snapped it and gave him 20 quid for a new one.
Do you think this approach would work on a mobile speed camera van? :wink:

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm

buzyg wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:58 pm
mgrlane wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am I am not saying I have ever checked my phone at a red light. Bit of I had I would be rather disappointed if this gentleman filmed it and I got 6 points on my licence then I would feel very peeved. I wouldn't be surprised if someone grabbed his camera off him- took out the memory card, snapped it and gave him 20 quid for a new one.
Do you think this approach would work on a mobile speed camera van? :wink:
I am not sure- would you be so kind as to try it and let me know? :rofl: Knowing how things have advanced now I would imagine that the photo is already in the cloud before you pass the wagon.

I know that some people used to put an old tyre round the static ones, fill them with petrol and then set them alight when they got caught... I guess that saves 3 points!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun May 16, 2021 12:41 am

The fella is a prize winning bell end!
I’ve just seen another of his submissions and it shows a family on bikes ignoring the keep left signs.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: