Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vigilante on a push bike.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 pm

Lol
Don’t you just live (sic) predictive text?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri May 07, 2021 6:03 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:35 am Philistine !!
I think Irish would be cheaper.
Agreed. Jerusalem is a long way for a bit of beef to travel. Think of the carbon hoofprint :D
Last edited by Pondrew on Fri May 07, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

blunderthumbs

Post by blunderthumbs » Fri May 07, 2021 6:12 pm

If as a driver you are not using your mobile phone whilst driving what have you got to worry or complain about? I drive a HGV for a living and being high up in the cab I am appalled by the number of idiots who are still texting and phoning whilst driving. It boils my piss. :x I have sat for countless hours in a classroom watching videos and photos from RTA's some of which are a consequence of mobile phone usage. There are some horrific images of loved ones who won't be returning home. I understand that people think this guy is a prize Bell end but the Police are using the same methods to catch drivers out. They have a plain Scania Artic unit that they drive up and down the motorways in equipped with cameras and ANPR. As I say If we drive within the law what is there to moan about. Just saying :thumbsup:
2004 Black Sapphire 3.0L SE. Red leather. Back box delete. Clutch valve delete. Roof motor relocated. 18" M star spoke style 193. Machine Monkey exhaust tips. Gap Tec. ZHP Gear knob. Clear side repeaters. Zun Sport lower grille.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm

i think the point is its none of his business, i can say this with all honesty, i have never used my phone in the car unless its an incoming and i have handsfree and i still think the guy is a knob.. we dont condone vigilantes in other crime do we? wanna catch criminals or bad drivers, go join the police force, its their job not the general publics
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm i think the point is its none of his business, i can say this with all honesty, i have never used my phone in the car unless its an incoming and i have handsfree and i still think the guy is a knob.. we dont condone vigilantes in other crime do we? wanna catch criminals or bad drivers, go join the police force, its their job not the general publics
:thumbsup:

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm

buzyg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am
Ban all the cameras. Then we can get back to sorting things out face to face. :wink:
Or if you are Kenneth Noye, screwdriver to heart.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm i think the point is its none of his business, i can say this with all honesty, i have never used my phone in the car unless its an incoming and i have handsfree and i still think the guy is a knob.. we dont condone vigilantes in other crime do we? wanna catch criminals or bad drivers, go join the police force, its their job not the general publics
This one all over everyday, anything on the road should have a licence plate so that they can be reported for poor driving or riding standard.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm

100% this
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm
100% this
The trouble is that there’s plenty of idiots that think it’s ok to use the phone whilst endangering other road users.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Smartbear wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 pm
100% this
The trouble is that there’s plenty of idiots that think it’s ok to use the phone whilst endangering other road users.
Rob
True, bit it is not this guys responsibility to act on it - he is going to get caught out one day :(
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri May 07, 2021 8:31 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 pm True, bit it is not this guys responsibility to act on it - he is going to get caught out one day :(
I do hope he gets that on video for everyones enjoyment :thumbsup:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm

I wonder if he gets paid a royalty from YouTube ?

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 pm True, bit it is not this guys responsibility to act on it - he is going to get caught out one day :(
I do hope he gets that on video for everyones enjoyment :thumbsup:
That will be upload to plod.com for conviction of some poor old git who gets caught out by him :x

maxman

Post by maxman » Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm

ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm Why do some cyclists choose to ignore available cycle lanes?
If they’d been as available in my cycling days I would definitely have used them.

If you have cycled lately you wouldn’t ask the question in that way.Around here most cycle paths are totally unsuitable and not maintained,that doesn’t excuse not using the cycle paths when they have been laid with proper planing.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 pm

maxman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm
ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 pm Why do some cyclists choose to ignore available cycle lanes?
If they’d been as available in my cycling days I would definitely have used them.

If you have cycled lately you wouldn’t ask the question in that way.Around here most cycle paths are totally unsuitable and not maintained,that doesn’t excuse not using the cycle paths when they have been laid with proper planing.
One by me is 6 miles long and been down for less than 2 years, most cyclists use the road and ride 2 abreast - then wonder why they get people annoyed with them :headbang: