Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vigilante on a push bike.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 pm

There's a fella on YouTube called CyclingMickey who has loads of posts of himself hawking around London on his bike with a video camera
He seems to take great joy in sneaking up and taking video of drivers in queues of traffic using their mobile phones and also sneaking past keep left signs on the wrong side etc.

I'm not condoning the use of phones while driving or the sneaky avoids etc but he seems to be be being on a crusade and being a vigilante. He sends his vids to the Police and it seems they prosecute.

I detect he is a self appointed /self righteous (add your own four letters here)
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm

cnut : :lol:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Stevo1987

Post by Stevo1987 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:06 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm cnut : :lol:
King cnut?
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 pm

I hesitated to post this question as I don’t want to give him the oxygen of publicity.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu May 06, 2021 9:40 pm

He is going to get thumped one day - bikes should have number plates so we cant capture their stupid and dangerous riding.

We would need a few new courts to deal with the sanctimonious twits, everybody else's fault but theirs :thumbsdown:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Dark Diggler

Post by Dark Diggler » Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Is one point of view.
Please don’t tar all cyclists with that brush, I agree, some are completely bellends but there are many more who aren’t.
I nearly get killed every week by people in cars who are on their phones or just s**t drivers and/or arrogant amoeba but yet a happier more courteous cyclist like me you will never meet...unless you try to kill me by being a nob :D

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Not tarring all with the same brush, I am sure there are many considerate riders out there somewhere.

I live in the sticks a little and we get a few riding clubs, they tend to ride three abreast and won't let anyone pass, the worse bit is that they ride on the bypass while the old road is empty and they can use that safely and not hinder anyone, this then goes into a cycle lane at the end and they still ride on the road.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Colin_E

Post by Colin_E » Thu May 06, 2021 10:25 pm

Long before Youtube, cameras, lycra, helmets & at least SOME awareness of the safety (or lack of it) of cyclists I used to commute through central London on a pushbike. My tactic back then for the worst offences was to catch up at the next lights & bang my pump on the car roof. It had a bit of soft rubber at the end so it made a lot of noise but did no harm. Used to startle the sh*t out of most drivers. Until one day I did that to a large Merc in Kensington with diplomatic plates. Bad idea. Car stopped, two Middle Eastern guys got out with visible shoulder holsters. I made off rapidly & took every alley I could find & made a hasty decision to chill thereafter when I got cut up.
I have some sympathy for cyclists whose lives get threatened by crappy driving but - as I discovered myself - it's a risky game taking on the offenders.

Rucky

Post by Rucky » Fri May 07, 2021 9:03 am

No doubt he will get his comeuppance - hopefully.
Its not limited to cyclists though - Nextbase thoughtfully designed an interface with the police to accept dash cam footage,

You can be REPORTED BY ANYBODY - I think the only rule is that you can only report to police if you have NOT published the " offence" on social media.

Some people take great delight in reporting - Its a progression from trolling I guess.

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/national ... ty-portal/

Be Aware!!!
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 am

Rucky wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:03 am No doubt he will get his comeuppance - hopefully.
Its not limited to cyclists though - Nextbase thoughtfully designed an interface with the police to accept dash cam footage,

You can be REPORTED BY ANYBODY - I think the only rule is that you can only report to police if you have NOT published the " offence" on social media.

Some people take great delight in reporting - Its a progression from trolling I guess.

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/national ... ty-portal/

Be Aware!!!
Think that's what happened to my missus?
Tailgated on a dual-carriageway, moved over and the pillock went past then slowed right down so she passed him again on the left. Not really an undertake as he instigated it. However, the letter duly arrived and we discovered the only time we would be allowed to see the 'evidence' was if we elected to go to court!
In fact the letter didn't even mention the reason for the offence, she had to ring up and badger them into telling her!
In the end, it was easier to do one of these new 'be-a-nicer-driver' courses on line.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

I can't see that he is doing anything wrong. Another Ex cyclist who has been cut up a few times and banged a few bonnets. No different to having a Dash Cam. Plenty of motorist and bikers send their Dash cam footage into the police. This guy is basically a self appointed traffic warden. I hate them, but they do no harm. :)

Ban all the cameras. Then we can get back to sorting things out face to face. :wink:

Z4paul

Post by Z4paul » Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 am

No problem with this. There are far too many of us who seem to think its OK to use a phone while driving. I think that is far more of a problem than drink driving and seems to be almost socially acceptable to a many. See it every day even near schools / near crossings.
I have seen his vids of a particular junction where drivers are on wrong side of road and island and cause grief / put others at risk.
On another note i am looking for recipe for veggie burgers, let me know what youv'e got :thumbsup:
2.0 m sport (suspension / steering wheel/scuff plates) cupholders sapphire black with factory hard top. Needs a little tlc but loving it.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 am

Z4paul wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 am
On another note i am looking for recipe for veggie burgers, let me know what youv'e got :thumbsup:
What are these two words doing in the same sentence? :poke: :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Z4paul

Post by Z4paul » Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am

It is defo unfamiliar territory but the young uns have these ideas about health and sustainability.....what can you do :o
2.0 m sport (suspension / steering wheel/scuff plates) cupholders sapphire black with factory hard top. Needs a little tlc but loving it.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri May 07, 2021 10:08 am

There is a large percentage of people who have cameras fitted to their cars that are absolutely terrible drivers.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)