Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Knobheads !

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
gov

Knobheads !

Post by gov » Sun May 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Decided to take my Elan out for a quick run today - didn't behave like a flash git with a red sports car but did have the hood down - why wouldn't you it's a lovely day down here !

Followed a couple of likely lads in an old Peugeot - didn't try to overtake them or drive up close - the passenger cretin was smoking and continually waved his fag out of the window in an attempt , I believe , to shower me with hot ash :(

I was hoping he would drop his fag in his lap but no such luck !

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by enuff_zed » Sun May 02, 2021 4:24 pm

gov wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:23 pm Decided to take my Elan out for a quick run today - didn't behave like a flash git with a red sports car but did have the hood down - why wouldn't you it's a lovely day down here !

Followed a couple of likely lads in an old Peugeot - didn't try to overtake them or drive up close - the passenger cretin was smoking and continually waved his fag out of the window in an attempt , I believe , to shower me with hot ash :(

I was hoping he would drop his fag in his lap but no such luck !
Which is why you should always put the hazard behind you asap. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Unfortunately these type of morons are everywhere these days, they het jealous whenever they see that someone has something they don't and never will.

They fail to understand that hard work does have some rewards. :headbang:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by firebobby » Sun May 02, 2021 5:53 pm

We went out for the first time today, just a nice steady run in to High Wycombe, then down to Marlow. On the way home, I noticed a knob in a Porkie Beetle, behind the LR Discovery that was following us. The Porker driver over took the disco, in a bloody dangerous move, made the disco driver brake and then flash his lights.
Now I have Mr prick, right up behind me.
I pulled over to put the roof back down (it had been raining) and watched the t**t pull even more dangerous manoeuvres further down the road.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by Lynchy » Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 pm

They live among us and are everywhere. As hard as it is you are better off letting them pass so you can enjoy the drive or if they are in front as in Govs case pull over let the fuckers drive away into the distance so you can carry on doing what you set out to do.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by Nanu » Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Its unfortunate however that these morons hardly ever end it wrapping their precious cars round a tree. It's usually some other poor unfortunate that ends up suffering because of their antics.

We live in hope though.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm

We were out for a drive around Brecon a few weekends ago and some clot (in his forties) driving a Hyundia i20 overtook me at about 60 on a narrow road with a 40mph limit, I was doing mid 40's.

I then watched as he preceded to over take the car in front and almost hit a motorbike coming the other way, got to Abergavenny and guess what he was two cars in front at the lights, all that to save 20 seconds, why do these pricks never get caught by plod as cameras never catch them :headbang:
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Knobheads !

Post by buzyg » Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

First world issue. :wink:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Knobheads !

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Yes, as long as they don't hit me, you or anyone else and just destroy their own car or worse

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Knobheads !

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 02, 2021 8:24 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:24 pm Which is why you should always put the hazard behind you asap.
Or buy a Coupe. :P :lol:

But as others have said sadly these sort of people try to drive among us.

I met some local car fanatics (mint E30 325i Sport, RX7 Turbo, E30 M3, etc.) this morning for breakfast and a few hours talking car stuff and joined a road with a 50,40 then 50 limit when I left. Some sort of Merc Coupe was up my chuff all the way, but thankfully at the first roundabout I joined an N/S/L dual carriageway and booted it - no idea where the Merc went!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ihadablackdog

Knobheads !

Post by ihadablackdog » Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm

On my drive to/from work there are 2 places to overtake safely. If I get stuck behind some fecker doing 40 (60mph limit) with no one in front, I either overtake or suffer being stuck behind them.

So I naturally overtake and enjoy it as well.

However, sometimes you get a bit further (now doing 60-ish) and catch up another slow car but can’t overtake.

Eventually, if they are slow enough, the previous car might catch up and I know he’s thinking there was no point in me overtaking.

Do you feel embarrassed (as technically he’s right) or glad for the little bit of joy that god bestowed on you between these two slow people?
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Knobheads !

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 02, 2021 9:28 pm

ihadablackdog wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm Do you feel embarrassed (as technically he’s right) or glad for the little bit of joy that god bestowed on you between these two slow people?
Why feel embarrassed - you are still in front of the bimbler. :lol:

And you've briefly enjoyed driving your car towards the upper end of its capabilities. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black