Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cash

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Cash

Post by Pondrew » Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm

ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 pm I haven’t ever seen a sign in the U.K. saying no cash sales
There are saying no cards accepted..
Yet on the flip side, my local Chinese takeaway will only take cash. I wonder how much tax they pay?
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Cash

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm
ronk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:50 pm I haven’t ever seen a sign in the U.K. saying no cash sales
There are saying no cards accepted..
Yet on the flip side, my local Chinese takeaway will only take cash. I wonder how much tax they pay?
Less than they would if they took cards :wink:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

Cash

Post by ronk » Sat May 08, 2021 1:26 pm

It’s like the commercial traders at car boot sales!
    Their incomes are totally untraceable - the revenue seem to turn a blind eye.
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Cash

Post by Pondrew » Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 pm

ronk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:26 pm Their incomes are totally untraceable - the revenue seem to turn a blind eye.
    The revenue try their best. It's actually another good case for a cashless society then, as they would all have a paper trail for everything :thumbsup:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Dark Diggler

Cash

Post by Dark Diggler » Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm

There’s a furniture shop I know that installed a “free withdrawal” ATM in his store. He politely tells people that he doesn’t take cards and the machine is free to use, deposits are cash and balances must be by bank transfer prior to delivery. Genius.

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Cash

Post by Nictrix » Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Dark Diggler wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm There’s a furniture shop I know that installed a “free withdrawal” ATM in his store. He politely tells people that he doesn’t take cards and the machine is free to use, deposits are cash and balances must be by bank transfer prior to delivery. Genius.
    Does he get some sort of payment for everybody who uses the cash machine?
    E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Darkangelv2

Cash

Post by Darkangelv2 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:13 pm

firebobby wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:57 am It will be a sad day if cash does disappear.
    I very much doubt those obstacles would still exist in a cashless society….
    BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
    3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
    BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

Dark Diggler

Cash

Post by Dark Diggler » Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm
    Dark Diggler wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm There’s a furniture shop I know that installed a “free withdrawal” ATM in his store. He politely tells people that he doesn’t take cards and the machine is free to use, deposits are cash and balances must be by bank transfer prior to delivery. Genius.
    Not sure on that but I would guess not because it could be a way in the event of a revenue investigation for example, to link people and cash amounts to invoices that might not show a cash deposit on the sales records he keeps and declares. Pure supposition on my part of course.

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Cash

Post by Nictrix » Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 am

Dark Diggler wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm
    Nictrix wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm
    Not sure on that but I would guess not because it could be a way in the event of a revenue investigation for example, to link people and cash amounts to invoices that might not show a cash deposit on the sales records he keeps and declares. Pure supposition on my part of course.
    I was thinking if he got a kickback from every withdrawal from the cash machine he would be in the money as there may have been charges to him by his bank for people paying by card
    E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)