Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

vaccine passports

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:27 pm

I'm not getting drawn into this thread ( but in reference to Texas it has half the population of the UK with 3 times the land mass.. Its not a like for like comparison for anywhere else in the world.. And dude.. seriously.. the aggression shown in your posts is quite contrary to how you come across when your posting about cars, maybe it's time to put all this crap behind us on a car forum and get on with talking cars because it's starting to stink a bit around here :(
Last edited by mr.tourette on Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:28 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm I haven't looked into India (I have stopped reading about Covid these days- whats the point, it's over) but if I was the press reporting on it knowing what they do I would focus on headline numbers. India is massive so the death rate on it's own would write the story but I would imagine that when you break it down to age and per capita I would imagine that it was no worse that what it was over here in January/Feb time where we were in the height of flu season and traditionally the weak pass.

I think alot of you need to switch the TV off and go hug your grandchildren.
Very much the same I havent really followed India's issues either.

Project Veritas done a lovely sting op on CNN which speaks to all of the MSM and their mentality...
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

vaccine passports

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:27 pm I'm not getting drawn into this thread ( but in reference to Texas it has half the population of the UK with 3 times the land mass.. Its not a like for like comparison for anywhere else in the world.. And dude.. seriously.. the aggression shown in your posts is quite contrary to how you come across when your posting about cars, maybe it's time to put all this crap behind us on a car forum and get on with talking cars because it's starting to stink a bit around here :(
I am sorry if you feel threatened by my posts. I am just a bit of a micky taker that perhaps needs to tone it down for the more sensitive amongst us. I don't wish or mean you any harm.

FYI I wasn't comparing Texas to the UK but it's an interesting point that you make about the Land mass. If I cared enough I would look into it as a comparison with the other states around it but I don't really care nor think I am going to change anyone's opinion by doing so.

ihadablackdog

vaccine passports

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm

Flyingfifer...I agree in this thread you haven’t said you are immune, but you have said because of your age you are 98% chance of survival and 99% chance if vaccinated and you imply that because of your age it won’t really affect you.

Just like the unknown long term effects of the virus, this is also unknown. Today’s stats may say you are correct in the 98% chance of survival (I don’t know if that’s true) but there was a stage when intensive care was seeing more and more young people, might have decreased now as the numbers are generally lower, but my point is you are not actually as safe as you may think.

And survival....yes you may live, but what about long term Covid risks, that may occur.

You seem to think this simply doesn’t apply to you and you should be allowed to go to pubs and mass participation events (gigs etc).

You must’ve been full of rage that you were included in the lockdown rules (assuming you stuck to them, particularly lockdown v1, cos v2 and v3 were a bit of a joke as so many people carried on as normal).

Mgrlane...Covid is over? Really? Well that’s ok then, who gives a sh1t the r number has risen slightly, cos if it’s over that means I can go to Florida as apparently is safe over there now.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:46 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:27 pm I'm not getting drawn into this thread ( but in reference to Texas it has half the population of the UK with 3 times the land mass.. Its not a like for like comparison for anywhere else in the world.. And dude.. seriously.. the aggression shown in your posts is quite contrary to how you come across when your posting about cars, maybe it's time to put all this crap behind us on a car forum and get on with talking cars because it's starting to stink a bit around here :(
I am sorry if you feel threatened by my posts. I am just a bit of a micky taker that perhaps needs to tone it down for the more sensitive amongst us. I don't wish or mean you any harm.

FYI I wasn't comparing Texas to the UK but it's an interesting point that you make about the Land mass. If I cared enough I would look into it as a comparison with the other states around it but I don't really care nor think I am going to change anyone's opinion by doing so.
Please save your condescension for someone else, I'm neither sensitive or threatened, just a bit saddened that the forum is going to have another clusterfuck of a thread clogging up the boards.. You have a nice life :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

mgrlane

vaccine passports

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 pm

ihadablackdog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm Mgrlane...Covid is over? Really? Well that’s ok then, who gives a sh1t the r number has risen slightly, cos if it’s over that means I can go to Florida as apparently is safe over there now.
The vaccines are working. The priority groups have all had or are close to having their second jab.

Most of the rest will have the opportunity to be vaccinated over the next couple of months.

The country will be fully open in about a month and a half.

Do you not share the same optimism- or am I missing something?

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by Pondrew » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:06 pm

ronk wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 pm 3 pages down - 145 to go!
Don't say that! It could be taken as a challenge :roll: :D

Here's my 2p worth: Anyone watching the snooker? :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:10 pm

ihadablackdog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm Flyingfifer...I agree in this thread you haven’t said you are immune, but you have said because of your age you are 98% chance of survival and 99% chance if vaccinated and you imply that because of your age it won’t really affect you.

Just like the unknown long term effects of the virus, this is also unknown. Today’s stats may say you are correct in the 98% chance of survival (I don’t know if that’s true) but there was a stage when intensive care was seeing more and more young people, might have decreased now as the numbers are generally lower, but my point is you are not actually as safe as you may think.

And survival....yes you may live, but what about long term Covid risks, that may occur.

You seem to think this simply doesn’t apply to you and you should be allowed to go to pubs and mass participation events (gigs etc).
It will make me ill, like a bad flu but in terms of affecting me, based on the data its highly unlikely it will have an impact. In terms of "Long COVID" the rate is a bit less than 5% (for COVID lasting 8weeks) and it more prevalent in females than males so again, a very low low chance of any lasting harm.
My perspective is based entirely on the data thats available and the facts as we understand them, if COVID was killing 20% of my age bracket Id take the vaccine but it simply isnt. Could I die? yes absolutely, but I have a 98% chance of not dying.

ihadablackdog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm You must’ve been full of rage that you were included in the lockdown rules (assuming you stuck to them, particularly lockdown v1, cos v2 and v3 were a bit of a joke as so many people carried on as normal).

Mgrlane...Covid is over? Really? Well that’s ok then, who gives a sh1t the r number has risen slightly, cos if it’s over that means I can go to Florida as apparently is safe over there now.
The first lockdown seemed prudent tbh, I was largely supportive of it however it became clear very quickly that the virus wasnt as dangerous to everyone as we had first feared. In terms of the ones after that, ruined the economy, lives and done untold lasting damage to multiple current generations for the sake of the over 65s. As soon as the most vulnerable were vaccinated we should have opened right back up ASAP

ihadablackdog

vaccine passports

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:16 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 pm Do you not share the same optimism- or am I missing something?
Good point, I guess I’m sceptical, until everywhere (worldwide) has been vaccinated then it will always be with us.

Generally glass half full to be honest but I am hopeful I can go to Florida next year (yes, I keep saying Florida, cos I’m a Disney freak).
2011 E89 sDrive20i

ihadablackdog

vaccine passports

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:21 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:10 pm The first lockdown seemed prudent tbh, I was largely supportive of it however it became clear very quickly that the virus wasnt as dangerous to everyone as we had first feared.
That does make sense, it took people a while to gauge how bad it was, and did going outside mean you’d catch it.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by TitanTim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm

No dishonesty here, just carrying on with eyes open and no head in bucket of sand :)

Tim.

dans6490

vaccine passports

Post by dans6490 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm

For clarity, I’m 43 and I had the vaccine on Wednesday, with side effects :crazydude: . I’m also very much against “Covid passports”

But why stop at just Covid, I think we should add convicted peadophiles, rapists, murders and those convicted of violent assaults. These people should also have these details added to their “passport”. I don’t want to be in a pub, restaurant or plane with anyone convicted of the above.

A peadophile is much more of a threat to my young daughter than Covid. Why should they be allowed to access public areas and put our young children at risk, unknowingly to the parents. Wouldn’t you rather know if your builder is a convicted conman or a fraudster?

The above will never happen and nor should it as this is how our society works. It’s your information, your data and your history. I don’t think we should willingly accept anything that risks destroying this.

ihadablackdog

vaccine passports

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:16 pm

Totally with you on the peado thing.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

BeeEmm

vaccine passports

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:58 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 pm Anyone mentioned Israel? They have vaccinated all their old people and the deaths have completely dropped?
Na thought not. I guess a good percentage of the people on here like to have something to moan about and like to be scared. It's almost like you enjoy the sh1t storm.
You are obviously talking to yourself here, how silly. You come across to me as being sexist (against men), ageist and pretty frightened of the Covid situation. I suggest you speak to a medical Doctor about your fears and she will no doubt arrange for you to see a therapist. I wish you well.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:00 pm

TitanTim wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm No dishonesty here, just carrying on with eyes open and no head in bucket of sand :)

Tim.
You literally claimed something as an absolute undisputed fact despite the minor inconvenience of reality that it is impossible to prove, the irony...

dans6490 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm For clarity, I’m 43 and I had the vaccine on Wednesday, with side effects :crazydude: . I’m also very much against “Covid passports”

But why stop at just Covid, I think we should add convicted peadophiles, rapists, murders and those convicted of violent assaults. These people should also have these details added to their “passport”. I don’t want to be in a pub, restaurant or plane with anyone convicted of the above.

A peadophile is much more of a threat to my young daughter than Covid. Why should they be allowed to access public areas and put our young children at risk, unknowingly to the parents. Wouldn’t you rather know if your builder is a convicted conman or a fraudster?

The above will never happen and nor should it as this is how our society works. It’s your information, your data and your history. I don’t think we should willingly accept anything that risks destroying this.
100%
The problem is people cant see further than the end of their own nose and don't realise the ramifications of their capitulation to something so obviously authoritarian :thumbsdown:

Remember brothers, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.