Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

vaccine passports

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:58 pm You are obviously talking to yourself here, how silly. You come across to me as being sexist (against men), ageist and pretty frightened of the Covid situation. I suggest you speak to a medical Doctor about your fears and she will no doubt arrange for you to see a therapist. I wish you well.
Not really sure on what basis you can get any of that tbh, facts are facts, older people are more at risk, this is a fact.
Old people have more grey hair... is that ageist now?

Well done for proving mr.tourette correct! :thumbsup:
mr.tourette wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:42 am Wow.. Haven't been in the other thread for a long time but if the tone is as hateful as this is getting already then I'm kinda glad
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

BeeEmm

vaccine passports

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm BeeEmm wrote: ↑30 Apr 2021 17:58
You are obviously talking to yourself here, how silly. You come across to me as being sexist (against men), ageist and pretty frightened of the Covid situation. I suggest you speak to a medical Doctor about your fears and she will no doubt arrange for you to see a therapist. I wish you well.
Not really sure on what basis you can get any of that tbh, facts are facts, older people are more at risk, this is a fact.
Old people have more grey hair... is that ageist now?

Well done for proving mr.tourette correct!
mr.tourette wrote: ↑30 Apr 2021 08:42
Wow.. Haven't been in the other thread for a long time but if the tone is as hateful as this is getting already then I'm kinda glad
Do you think the word 'silly' was a bit strong? You will have to live with it I'm afraid.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:21 pm Do you think the word 'silly' was a bit strong? You will have to live with it I'm afraid.
You insinuated the guy needs therapy... dont be such a fud

BeeEmm

vaccine passports

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 pm You insinuated the guy needs therapy... dont be such a fud
Sorry fifer, but lots of people have the need to see a Therapist since Covid. I have advised two people to consult their GP and one was extremely grateful. He appears to be frightened by the current situation. Don't slam me for giving advice.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by TitanTim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:00 pm
TitanTim wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:02 pm No dishonesty here, just carrying on with eyes open and no head in bucket of sand :)

Tim.
You literally claimed something as an absolute undisputed fact despite the minor inconvenience of reality that it is impossible to prove, the irony...

dans6490 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm For clarity, I’m 43 and I had the vaccine on Wednesday, with side effects :crazydude: . I’m also very much against “Covid passports”

But why stop at just Covid, I think we should add convicted peadophiles, rapists, murders and those convicted of violent assaults. These people should also have these details added to their “passport”. I don’t want to be in a pub, restaurant or plane with anyone convicted of the above.

A peadophile is much more of a threat to my young daughter than Covid. Why should they be allowed to access public areas and put our young children at risk, unknowingly to the parents. Wouldn’t you rather know if your builder is a convicted conman or a fraudster?

The above will never happen and nor should it as this is how our society works. It’s your information, your data and your history. I don’t think we should willingly accept anything that risks destroying this.
100%
The problem is people cant see further than the end of their own nose and don't realise the ramifications of their capitulation to something so obviously authoritarian :thumbsdown:

Remember brothers, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.
So what are the side effects in reality? none, apart from some slight symptoms that pass quickly and then back to normal. Millions have received the vaccine to no ill effect. The thrombosis scare was just that and seems to me to have no real links to the vaccine.

I guess you just to take it on the chin, the vaccine is working, it's doing it's job :wink:

Tim.

mgrlane

vaccine passports

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Nowt wrong with seeing a therapist if you need too.

Odd you think I need to see one. I assume it could have been an attempt at humour?

Its not like I am the one demanding people to get vaccinated, wanting them to have a passport to go to the shops, staying locked up and not seeing their family even though they have had 2 jabs (third on the way?) And 95% protection from a vaccine from an illness they have a greater than 98% chance of survival.

If you could go back two years and look forward at the situation- me the guy who is living a normal life now free of fear, seeing his family is the one that needs therapy?
:rofl:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by Nanu » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Vaccine passport or not, Just had some great news from the holiday company that we have booked with for our trip to Dubai and the Maldives.
Up till now and as soon as we can travel of course, The Emirates and the Maldives required a negative PCR test no older than 3 days prior to departure to enter the country. They also required another before being allowed on a flight to leave. This would have required at least 4 tests per person at circa £120 per test. Both countries have now stated they will allow persons who can prove they have had two jabs to enter and leave without a PCR test. Result :thumbsup:
Only a matter of time till other countries follow.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

mgrlane

vaccine passports

Post by mgrlane » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm So what are the side effects in reality? none, apart from some slight symptoms that pass quickly and then back to normal. Millions have received the vaccine to no ill effect. The thrombosis scare was just that and seems to me to have no real links to the vaccine.

I guess you just to take it on the chin, the vaccine is
It doesn't take to long to look Tim. You just need to open your eyes.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-04-30/B ... index.html

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by TitanTim » Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 am

mgrlane wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm So what are the side effects in reality? none, apart from some slight symptoms that pass quickly and then back to normal. Millions have received the vaccine to no ill effect. The thrombosis scare was just that and seems to me to have no real links to the vaccine.

Minimal numbers considering doses given out, I guess no different to any other drugs, medicines etc which all have some risk just like crossing the road.

Tim.

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat May 01, 2021 12:55 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 am

Minimal numbers considering doses given out, I guess no different to any other drugs, medicines etc which all have some risk just like crossing the road.

Tim.
Firstly, another mis-quote by the forum :thumbsdown:

"minimal numbers considering doses given out" that's true but there is an important detail that you are leaving out, it was only once young people started getting the vaccine that the realisation came that it caused clotting specifically in younger people. Therefore to count the 10s of millions of old people and say see its totally safe when the issue is specifically tied to younger people is short sighted at best.

If you give 100s of millions of 60+ year olds a pill without incident and then give 1000 16 year olds the same pill and all of them die its still totally safe right because like 100s of millions of people have had it totally fine!

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by TitanTim » Sat May 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:55 pm
TitanTim wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 am

Tim.
Firstly, another mis-quote by the forum :thumbsdown:

"minimal numbers considering doses given out" that's true but there is an important detail that you are leaving out, it was only once young people started getting the vaccine that the realisation came that it caused clotting specifically in younger people. Therefore to count the 10s of millions of old people and say see its totally safe when the issue is specifically tied to younger people is short sighted at best.

If you give 100s of millions of 60+ year olds a pill without incident and then give 1000 16 year olds the same pill and all of them die its still totally safe right because like 100s of millions of people have had it totally fine!
But thank goodness the vaccination programme wasn't halted based on negligible side effects in the grand scheme of things. The fact is the vaccine is working, good job done all-round as where would we be now eh.

:thumbsup:

Tim.

Flyingfifer

vaccine passports

Post by Flyingfifer » Sat May 01, 2021 2:08 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:49 pm But thank goodness the vaccination programme wasn't halted based on negligible side effects in the grand scheme of things. The fact is the vaccine is working, good job done all-round as where would we be now eh.

:thumbsup:

Tim.
Absolutely, I am glad that we have something that can give protection to those that need it, it really wouldnt have been a nice situation if we didnt have that for the sake of the 60+ age group

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by Nanu » Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Re the thrombosis scare with the vaccine. Not done it myself as I don't have any of the product but apparently most cold and flu treatments such as Lemsip have the same thrombosis warning on the leaflet you get inside the pack but which nobody reads.

Perhaps someone could check if they have any of the stuff. If true it would put the worries into perspective
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

vaccine passports

Post by ronk » Sun May 02, 2021 7:59 pm

You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: