Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sneaky spam posts

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Sneaky spam posts

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am

Having been nearly caught out this morning, a word of caution to all.

The latest spam posting method appears to be by finding a post by another member, quoting them and replying with a suitable comment that will draw a reply.
However, hidden within the quote is a link to some other website somewhere. Makes it look like it was put there by the original poster and is therefore legit. I guess that would make it more likely for the next person to assume it's ok and click on it.
If you've been quoted by someone new, check your quote has not been tampered with.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Chippie

Sneaky spam posts

Post by Chippie » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:52 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am Having been nearly caught out this morning, a word of caution to all.

The latest spam posting method appears to be by finding a post by another member, quoting them and replying with a suitable comment that will draw a reply.
However, hidden within the quote is a link to some other website somewhere. Makes it look like it was put there by the original poster and is therefore legit. I guess that would make it more likely for the next person to assume it's ok and click on it.
If you've been quoted by someone new, check your quote has not been tampered with.
Thanks for the warning
www./checkthisout.com
:D
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Sneaky spam posts

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:52 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am Having been nearly caught out this morning, a word of caution to all.

Thanks for the warning
www./checkthisout.com
:D
:rofl:
nice try. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Sneaky spam posts

Post by mmm-five » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:15 pm

I keep reporting them (not just here, but everywhere) - even if they sometimes forget to add the URL (or the BBcode for it).
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options