Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Second Jab

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm Ok I will bite:
TitanTim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm What would you classify as a younger person? My friend is in her 40s, very fit, does daily cycling and yoga, no underlying heath problems, has been ultra careful but still caught the disease and now suffering badly since Christmas. She has just been accepted today on a 12 week long Covid rehabilitation programme at Stoke Hospital.
Have you heard of a lady called Lisa Shaw?

She was a healthy 44 year old. Took the vaccine and died.

https://news.sky.com/story/lisa-shaw-ra ... e-12318667

That's the 1st person who springs to mind when you mention someone in their 40's.

I am sure you can find many more if you care to take a look at the yellow card or the vaers database. Not that I really expect you to know what they are?

Did you also know that 29% of the delta variants deaths were from people who were double jabbed? No? I bet your TV didn't tell you that. I also bet that you can't comprehend it either as you still think that the wonder drugs that the TV told you take stop's you from catching and passing on the virus. Not just lessens the symptoms as per what it says on each of their websites.

Thought I would just add this in:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... a-20812363
(proof I am not making up my figures of 29%)
:oops:

You will never help yourself :headbang:

Tim.

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm Like I've said before as an individual you have no crystal ball to predict if you catch the virus how your body would react, you simply don't know but what you do know is the chances of any serious reaction to the vaccine is certainly low and the benefits look to far outweigh the potential consequences of Covid.
I mean....

Like I've said before as an individual you have no crystal ball to predict if you take the vaccine how your body would react, you simply don't know but what you do know is the chances of any serious reaction to the virus is certainly low and the benefits look to far outweigh the potential consequences of vaccination.

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm Still not convinced that younger people get off Scot free and the long term consequences of potential long Covid is very real so surely accepting the vaccine will go a long way in minimising symptoms and complications resulting from long Covid.
No one has claimed that the young get off "scot free" or that the long term effects arent real :idunno: you just refuse to accept that fact as it suits your narrative more to paint us as ill-informed or dumb, the irony of which is... oooof :roll:

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm What would you classify as a younger person? My friend is in her 40s, very fit, does daily cycling and yoga, no underlying heath problems, has been ultra careful but still caught the disease and now suffering badly since Christmas. She has just been accepted today on a 12 week long Covid rehabilitation programme at Stoke Hospital. She is also wearing a heart monitor and undergoing extensive tests to determine whether there has been any major organ damage, It's all very new and alot of unknowns off the after effects of Covid. I wouldn't wish that anyone and why I jumped at the chance of the vaccine. Just because 1 in 3 people don't even know they've had the disease is no excuse to brush it aside as a minor inconvenience.
Under 40.
Terrible to hear of your friend, thats very unlucky.
You say 1 in 3 people dont know they had the virus, ok accepting that at face value, 1 in 20 people get long covid the ones that get super severe long covid is likely a fraction of that. 33% vs 5%
If I was in my mid to late 40s I would probably take the vaccine.

TitanTim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm Where would we be now without the vaccine?
Well considering we are still locked down, can barely travel and the economy is on its knees and we are probably facing the worst inflation in almost 50 years really the only difference would be a lot more dead old (60+) people. Happy we have avoided that but thats the only real difference.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:08 pm

mgrlane wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm Thought I would just add this in:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... a-20812363
(proof I am not making up my figures of 29%)
Oof, that doesnt bode well

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by ronk » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:18 pm

Here we go again :rofl:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

rdgreen

Second Jab

Post by rdgreen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:57 pm

Don't want the 'jab'? Then don't get it, doesn't bother me either way what you do, just stop constantly blathering on about it....and don't complain when your activities are consequently severely curtailed because you refuse to believe highly qualified scientists who insist the dangers from having the virus vastly outweigh potential side effects. As for it only affecting the 'oldies', do some research on what's happening in India, and particularly Brazil, where it appears to be infecting more and more younger people.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n879
"Now, experts have warned that covid-19 is now affecting young Brazilians worse than ever before. Doctors treating covid-19 patients have reported that more young people are being admitted to their hospitals in the current wave of cases. Their observations are being corroborated by a series of new studies looking at infection and mortality rates in Brazil.

Covid-19 cases among people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s are up by 565%, 626%, and 525% respectively since the beginning of January, says the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), a research institute attached to Brazil’s Ministry of Health. The comparatively lower increase in the overall population “suggests a shift to younger age groups,” it concluded in a bulletin published on 26 March."

Seriously, grow the f**k up.
Sterling Grey 2004 e85 3.0i manual.

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 am

rdgreen wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:57 pm Don't want the 'jab'? Then don't get it, doesn't bother me either way what you do, just stop constantly blathering on about it....and don't complain when your activities are consequently severely curtailed because you refuse to believe highly qualified scientists who insist the dangers from having the virus vastly outweigh potential side effects. As for it only affecting the 'oldies', do some research on what's happening in India, and particularly Brazil, where it appears to be infecting more and more younger people.
I wholeheartedly agree but from the other side, you want the jab then get it doesn't bother me either way, just stop constantly attacking those that don't :idunno:

Unless those scientists have a crystal ball for looking into the future they are no better versed in the long term side effects than anyone here for the simple reason that there hasnt been any LT testing.

Its strange, every single variant has attacked the young more than the old, I'm surprised that at this stage it isnt just bursting into maternity wards and slaughtering babies :roll:
India and Brazil both have very low average ages (29 and 33 respectively) so its hardly surprising that the number of young people being infected outstrips the old, despite this the death tolls for the over 60s in both are 53% and 71% respectively (correlation with the average age), for India the number rises to 88% if you take the age back to 45+

In Brazil the death rate is 2.8% (17,412,766 cases to 487,401 deaths) SAUCE
In India the death rate is 1.2% (29,570,085 cases to 377,062 deaths) SAUCE

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 am

Do you feel a sense of responsibility that you should receive the jab if able too?

Tim.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am

rdgreen wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:57 pm Don't want the 'jab'? Then don't get it, doesn't bother me either way what you do, just stop constantly blathering on about it....and don't complain when your activities are consequently severely curtailed because you refuse to believe highly qualified scientists who insist the dangers from having the virus vastly outweigh potential side effects. As for it only affecting the 'oldies', do some research on what's happening in India, and particularly Brazil, where it appears to be infecting more and more younger people.
As a healthy man in my 30's even without the vaccine my chances of survival an illness are greater than someone in their 60's who is double jab'd. Pray tell me why you feel I need more protection than you?

I am happy with the survival rates, a couple of 000.01%'s to increase my chances is not really something that interests me considering the long term (unknown) and the short term (slightly known) risks of the vaccine.

With regards to freedoms. What can you do now that I can't? If I have to eventually pay for tests if I want to go away on holiday and back then it's simply a pathetic charge that will cause a small annoyance. If there is a restaurant that doesn't want the "unvaccinated pound" then they don't have to have it- I don't mind I will spend it else where. Is my employer going to make me take the vaccine (doubt that very much).

It's clear as day that you can still catch it and pass it on. It's undisputable that fact otherwise why are old people still catching it and passing it about?

I honestly can't wait to read all these comments on here in another 10 years time.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 am

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 am Do you feel a sense of responsibility that you should receive the jab if able too?
No do you?

You would be lying if you said you were taking the vaccine for any other reason than your own protection :rofl:.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

But you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual, that's what I can't get my head around and why I don't understand why one wouldnt just have the vaccine to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill.

Sorry just don't get it :|

Tim.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:43 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 am
TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 am Do you feel a sense of responsibility that you should receive the jab if able too?
No do you?

You would be lying if you said you were taking the vaccine for any other reason than your own protection :rofl:.
Absolutely, it's for myself and to ensure I don't end up in intensive care putting a strain on the NHS when it can be avoided by accepting the vaccine.

Tim.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:52 am

Such a strawman Tim.

last week 1% of bed's were occupied by covid patients and most people under 40 don't have the protection that you have.

You must be livid about drug takers, alcoholics, smokers and the obese. Taking up these beds.

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:59 am

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am But you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual, that's what I can't get my head around and why I don't understand why one wouldnt just have the vaccine to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill.

Tim.
Do you drive your car?
Do you smoke?
Do you drink?
Do you run?
Do you go outside?
Do you fly on planes?
Do you go on boats?
Do you swim?
Do you eat seafood?

Because if you do any of the above or anything for that matter you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual. Using your logic I dont understand why one wouldnt just not do anything at all to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill or being hurt. :idunno:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 am

You must be livid about drug takers, alcoholics, smokers and the obese. Taking up these beds.
Completely different scenario compared to a pandemic which if left unchecked, lockdowns, no vaccine be a disaster for society, looking at India and Brazil suffering especially badly.

Tim.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:59 am
TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am But you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual, that's what I can't get my head around and why I don't understand why one wouldnt just have the vaccine to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill.

Tim.
Do you drive your car?
Do you smoke?
Do you drink?
Do you run?
Do you go outside?
Do you fly on planes?
Do you go on boats?
Do you swim?
Do you eat seafood?

Because if you do any of the above or anything for that matter you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual. Using your logic I dont understand why one wouldnt just not do anything at all to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill or being hurt. :idunno:
Poor comparisons to a pandemic :rofl:

Tim.