Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Second Jab

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
M1k3yC

Second Jab

Post by M1k3yC » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 pm

An interesting video from ZOE on the recent rise in cases and how it affects vaccinated vs. unvaccinated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBua3aXQ7c
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:04 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:50 pm The cases are rising again - seems like a jab if offered is the only way to go.
While there are un vaccinated amongst us the virus will always have somewhere to go and do its mutation.
Again, vaccinated people can still catch and pass on the virus, that also means they can be vectors for its mutation. At this stage Ron saying this is nothing more than misinformation :thumbsdown:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:19 pm

M1k3yC wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 pm An interesting video from ZOE on the recent rise in cases and how it affects vaccinated vs. unvaccinated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBua3aXQ7c
Interesting, the numbers with the younger people I would suggest could be more to do with their livelihoods and the life they are living, the younger are far more likely to work in close quarters to the public taking up the vast majority of the service industry. In terms of lifestyle they are more likely to be out with others, meeting friends, going to gyms, shops etc etc.

In relation to the vaccinated vs unvaccinated I would suggest the correlation doesn't mean causation in this case, given that the <40s are only just getting their vaccines now the majority will not be vaccinated, tie that to the above and its perfectly reasonable and understandable.

Another interesting point he made (@ 5:40) "Its more like a bad cold in this younger population" he then likened it to a "seasonal cold" he then goes on to say "if you're young you're going to get milder symptoms anyway, it might just feel like a bad cold or some funny.. eh, off feeling"

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by ronk » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:32 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:04 pm
ronk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:50 pm The cases are rising again - seems like a jab if offered is the only way to go.
While there are un vaccinated amongst us the virus will always have somewhere to go and do its mutation.
Again, vaccinated people can still catch and pass on the virus, that also means they can be vectors for its mutation. At this stage Ron saying this is nothing more than misinformation :thumbsdown:
It is not misinformation by any stretch of the imagination.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:32 pm It is not misinformation by any stretch of the imagination.
Any science to back up your claim that:
ronk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:50 pm While there are un vaccinated amongst us the virus will always have somewhere to go and do its mutation.
Conveniently the video from ZOE above does counter your claim.

It is misinformation pure and simple and claiming it isnt is either utter dishonesty or a demonstration that you have next to no understanding of the facts.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by ronk » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

I’m not going to get drawn into this drivel again and never refer to me as dishonest or thick fella!
Last edited by ronk on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Still don't get why people wouldn't want the vaccine as it's really a win win. It's delusional to think just because you're young you will be fine unvaccinated. It's a chance at the end of the day, chances are high you will be fine with few symptoms, but you can't predict that and unfortunately might be unlucky or like a friend of mine in her mid forties is still off work since Christmas with post Covid and starting to worry she might never be physically fit to work again.

Funny thing freedom of choice for some.

Tim.

M1k3yC

Second Jab

Post by M1k3yC » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:57 pm a friend of mine in her mid forties is still off work since Christmas with post Covid and starting to worry she might never be physically fit to work again.
Someone that I used to work with (in the same team, but he was based in the US) died as a result of contracting COVID-19. He cleared the virus but his body never fully recovered and ultimately his lung collapsed and his heart stopped. We all thought he was going to pull through but have a long recovery. He was 47. Granted, I believe (but can't confirm 100%) that he had asthma and was overweight, but he certainly didn't seem to be struggling with any health issues before getting the virus. He even joined a team call just over two weeks before he died and was in good spirits. I see some people on Facebook who are strongly opposed to lockdowns focus purely on the mortality rate, but they don't balance that with the percentage of people that suffer a life changing illness and go on to recover - which sounds like your friend, Tim. There's a not insignificant amount of people that survive but still have a negative long term health outcome. We thought our teammate was going to be one of those, not someone we lost.

I don't see any perfect solutions to this - I think you have to balance the risks to yourself and others and make the best decisions you can.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 am

ronk wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm I’m not going to get drawn into this drivel again and never refer to me as dishonest or thick fella!
When you post things that are not proven and in reality there is evidence that directly counters what you are saying then unfortunately Ron you either are dishonest or not informed :idunno:

UK Gov Website: (SAUCE)
UK Government wrote:"Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe."

As for being "drawn in" completely understand that you don't want to have to go to the hassle of actually backing up the misinformation you are spreading here.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 am

****Resisting urge to get involved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS:
Flyingfifer, There is a letter that Dr. Tess Lawrie is publishing today that's worth a read re: Yellow Card

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am

mgrlane wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 am ****Resisting urge to get involved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS:
Flyingfifer, There is a letter that Dr. Tess Lawrie is publishing today that's worth a read re: Yellow Card
Dont! Cant have two arseholes in here with all their inconvenient and annoying evidence and facts :roll: :rofl:

I havent really followed her but will certainly have a look. :thumbsup:

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:15 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am
mgrlane wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 am ****Resisting urge to get involved :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS:
Dont! Cant have two arseholes in here with all their inconvenient and annoying evidence and facts :roll: :rofl:

I havent really followed her but will certainly have a look. :thumbsup:
It's just been published. I read a copy that was floating about last night but didn't want to share it because it was screen shots.

https://www.e-bmc.co.uk/

1st link
https://b3d2650e-e929-4448-a527-4eeb593 ... 6fd5cd.pdf

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:52 am

M1k3yC wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 pm
TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:57 pm a friend of mine in her mid forties is still off work since Christmas with post Covid and starting to worry she might never be physically fit to work again.
Someone that I used to work with (in the same team, but he was based in the US) died as a result of contracting COVID-19. He cleared the virus but his body never fully recovered and ultimately his lung collapsed and his heart stopped. We all thought he was going to pull through but have a long recovery. He was 47. Granted, I believe (but can't confirm 100%) that he had asthma and was overweight, but he certainly didn't seem to be struggling with any health issues before getting the virus. He even joined a team call just over two weeks before he died and was in good spirits. I see some people on Facebook who are strongly opposed to lockdowns focus purely on the mortality rate, but they don't balance that with the percentage of people that suffer a life changing illness and go on to recover - which sounds like your friend, Tim. There's a not insignificant amount of people that survive but still have a negative long term health outcome. We thought our teammate was going to be one of those, not someone we lost.

I don't see any perfect solutions to this - I think you have to balance the risks to yourself and others and make the best decisions you can.
That's awful, sorry to hear that Mike.

Long Covid is very real for those affected, I guess as you say you have to do what you can for oneself.

Tim.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Had my second jab - now and cant see any way to not do it if you want to travel.

My son was against it (he is 25) but has had his 1st as he wants to go on holiday abroad at some point
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by Nanu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:45 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:57 pm Still don't get why people wouldn't want the vaccine as it's really a win win. It's delusional to think just because you're young you will be fine unvaccinated. It's a chance at the end of the day, chances are high you will be fine with few symptoms, but you can't predict that and unfortunately might be unlucky or like a friend of mine in her mid forties is still off work since Christmas with post Covid and starting to worry she might never be physically fit to work again.

Funny thing freedom of choice for some.

Tim.
Long Covid can still effect the young despite not having anything but mild symptoms of catching the actual disease. Why would you take a risk with your future by refusing the jab?

The refuseniks will change their minds when countries refuse to let them enter without proof of two vaccines which is the way it is heading. Allowances are being made by accepting negative PCR tests at the moment but that will change when countries catch up with their vaccinations.. No jabs, no entry = No holidays. That will focus minds.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White