Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Second Jab

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 am

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 am Poor comparisons to a pandemic :rofl:

Tim.
Poor attempt to deflect the blatant logical inconsistency in your argument :rofl:
You are arguing that taking a chance on what MIGHT happen based on the statistical probability is simply foolish when you can choose to reduce that risk.

You MIGHT catch covid, so get the vaccine....

You MIGHT have a car crash, so why drive!
You MIGHT get lung cancer, so why smoke!
You MIGHT get liver damage, so why drink!
You MIGHT have a heart attack (like the Denmark player the other day), so why run or do any activity at all!
You MIGHT be hit by a car or lightning or fall and hurt yourself, so why go outside!
You MIGHT be in a plane crash, so why fly anywhere!
You MIGHT be on a boat that sinks, so why sail anywhere!
You MIGHT drown, so why swim!
You MIGHT catch food poisoning, so why eat risky foods!

I get that its frustrating when someone uses your own rationale to argue against your position but you really should consider why its so easy for them to do so.
Last edited by Flyingfifer on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:59 am Because if you do any of the above or anything for that matter you don't know what your chances of survival are which is an unknown and foolhardy basing it on stats and figures lifted off the net that have no bearing or relation to you as an individual. Using your logic I dont understand why one wouldnt just not do anything at all to minimise the chances of falling seriously ill or being hurt.
Logic doesn't matter mate.

He just wants you to have a vaccine because the TV told him it might make his vaccine work better.

How he gets there- it doesn't matter.

Flyingfifer

Second Jab

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:10 am Logic doesn't matter mate.

He just wants you to have a vaccine because the TV told him it might make his vaccine work better.

How he gets there- it doesn't matter.
I think the word logic is perhaps a non starter in this case :rofl:

I do love though that with something like 80% of the pop vaccinated we have been locked up for a further 3 weeks here and 4 weeks down south... thought this vaccine was the solution to the problem!? Really gets the noggin joggin :roll:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:31 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am I think the word logic is perhaps a non starter in this case

I do love though that with something like 80% of the pop vaccinated we have been locked up for a further 3 weeks here and 4 weeks down south... thought this vaccine was the solution to the problem!? Really gets the noggin joggin
Obviously I am dead against it but can see why they have done it.

Positives are high (testing is through the roof) and it's clear as per what they said about vaccinating the over 60's and the at risk the death numbers are so low.

They don't want high number of positive tests to be converting into hospitalisations and deaths (it's like they don't trust the vaccine). After a month and it still hasn't then hopefully they will run out of excuses.... But there will be another scareient around the corner for them to bash the vunrable with.

I can't really say that this effects me in the slightest- I will still have to wear my mask for the three meters I walk into the pub to my table and for when I get up to have a wee. I really want to order a pint and sit at the bar. It's getting beyond ridiculous now.

I just feel so sad for the businesses out there that have been clinging on and are now back to square one.

Argenta

Second Jab

Post by Argenta » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 am

True, at the end of the day the only way out of this is to all get the vaccine - thats it.
Or that bloody chinese lab leak virus will just circulate/mutate, endlessly.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 am

Argenta wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 am True, at the end of the day the only way out of this is to all get the vaccine - thats it.
No such thing as natural immunity in your book old chap?

Argenta

Second Jab

Post by Argenta » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 am
Argenta wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 am True, at the end of the day the only way out of this is to all get the vaccine - thats it.
There is but clearly its not enough now is it?

:)

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 am

Argenta wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am
mgrlane wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:17 am
There is but clearly its not enough now is it?

:)
I think so.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Such a strawman Tim.
It's a shame you have to brand people with names or implying other members as liars etc etc when you don't think they have their facts correct, really poor show :thumbsdown:

All I'm trying to say and it's hopefully not coming across as brow beating is in accepting the vaccine it's simply common sense not only to help yourself but society in general, it's not a big ask and as has been proved to date with the millions of doses and no doubt billions in the future people aren't dropping like flies in taking it, there is no secret agenda or people being brainwashed, watching too much TV etc, the vaccine is doing it's job, plain to see.

Tim.

mgrlane

Second Jab

Post by mgrlane » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:36 pm

TitanTim wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm It's a shame you have to brand people with names or implying other members as liars etc etc when you don't think they have their facts correct, really poor show
Might I suggest looking up the definition of strawman and looking at the context I used it? I haven't called you any names. I was simply implying that you were misrepresenting what I was trying to say to further your point.

I don't blame you for your opinion. The government have paid over a billion pounds in advertising to form it for you. But I will break it down for you.

These numbers might not be correct (they will be higher for me) but will prove my point.
I have a 99.97 chance of surviving covid.
with a jab I have 99.98 chance of surviving covid.

With the jab I have an increased chance of numerous side effects including death and god knows what these spike proteins do long term to the human body (no one knows- there isn't the information out there).
https://yellowcard.ukcolumn.org/yellow-card-reports
(UK reports)

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findf ... qKfVmflV1M#
(American reports link is just the deaths, not the injuries)

So if I take the injection, I can still catch covid and I can still pass it on as both the manufactures and the government openly admit that the jabs do not provide recipients with immunity, nor do they stop people from transmitting the virus after they are infected. The only consistent claim by manufacturers is that their products “reduce symptoms.” So in a nutshell there is a slightly greater chance statically that I won't be as ill when I catch it (very, very small change being a heathy young adult without any illness or disabilities).

I just think I am going to sit this one out Tim. The risk/reward is not there for me at the moment. I would sooner take a jab of covid than I would a vaccine buddy. Obviously I would prefer not to have either but I will catch it at some point- it's inevitable, if I haven't had it already.

But I agree, the vaccine is doing it's job- the groups that went in 1st have had it, and the deaths are in single figures because of it.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by firebobby » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 pm

I had my 2nd jab on Monday and my hair is starting to grow back :o
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by Pondrew » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:59 pm

firebobby wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 pm I had my 2nd jab on Monday and my hair is starting to grow back
But where? If it's in your ears or on your back, I don't think it counts :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by Carol M » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 pm

TitanTim I never thought I'd come on here and agree with something you said :rofl:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by ronk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm

Carol M wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 pm TitanTim I never thought I'd come on here and agree with something you said :rofl:
Is that the hatchet buried?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Second Jab

Post by Carol M » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm
Carol M wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 pm TitanTim I never thought I'd come on here and agree with something you said :rofl:
Is that the hatchet buried?
In whose head Ron? :evil: :rofl: